T Nation

Scheduling Supps While on Indigo

I’d like some help from the pro’s making the best schedule for taking the following:
Indigo (full dose)
Anaconda
MAG-10
Craetine
Beta alanine
Rhodiola
Alpha Male
Curcumin
Brain Candy
Metabolic Drive shakes (2 a day as meal replacements)
Fish oil

Two solid meals a day :
-meal 1 big salad, lean protien, small potion carbs
-meal 2 big salad w 12 almonds , berry greek yogurt w ground berry flax seed

I train 5-6 days a week < all body weight endurance/ strength except for KB’s,
cardio intervals 3 days a week also
I’ve been in a cutting phase I’d like to continue until I get from 15% bf to 9%
Any help from the diet gurus would be appreciated.

[quote]rebattle wrote:
I’d like some help from the pro’s making the best schedule for taking the following:
Indigo (full dose)[/quote]
Before meals and before training.

Right before and during your workouts.

Anytime during the day and/or post-workout is generally recommended. Some people have been using it before bed too.

[quote]Craetine
Beta alanine[/quote]
Not sure if you need beta-alanine in addition to Anaconda, but pre-workout and/or during the day is fine. Toss the creatine in your pre/during-workout shake.

[quote]Rhodiola
Alpha Male
Curcumin[/quote]
Anytime during the day is fine.

I believe first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is recommended.

Do you mix anything (milk, fruit, etc.) with the Metabolic Drive, or are they just a few scoops of protein in water?

I take mine with meals. Some people prefer them before bed or between meals. No biggie.

I’m pretty sure I just re-recommended the advice listed on the labels for most of these products. There’s a reason for they’re there.

[quote]Two solid meals a day :
-meal 2 big salad w 12 almonds , berry greek yogurt w ground berry flax seed[/quote]
I’m pretty certain that this is totally not the recommended nutrition template while on Indigo. Low carb, salad-based meals aren’t exactly the most effective way to use a nutrient partitioning supplement like Indigo.

Have you been in any of the daily Livespills to see what other Indigonians are doing?

[quote]I train 5-6 days a week < all body weight endurance/ strength except for KB’s,
cardio intervals 3 days a week also[/quote]
What exactly do your workouts look like - days, exercises, sets, and reps. If you’re not doing weight training often, I’m not sure how useful the Anaconda will be. I wouldn’t expect it to be most effective for “bodyweight endurance” workouts.

What’s your current height and weight?

Thanks Chris,
My carb choices( rice, potatoes, greek yogurt as well as the regular Drive) are the ones mentioned on the livespills. So I’m defintely not low carbing it. The salads help fill me up at night and slow down digestion.

All your other recommendations sound great though.
I’m 5’9" at 181. I’ve already dropped 7% BF and 16 lbs. doing the above diet with a similar plan/schedule as you mentioned.

My workouts look something like this:
M and Th:
Mobilizations and core work
TRX Horizontal pulls w feet elvated on 12, 24, and 26" boxes . 4 sets of 16 reps ion each box for a total of approx. 28,000 lbs of volume.
Reverse Lunges with kettlebells starting from a flexed hip balanced position on the working leg. 12 sets of 16 reps with 8k, 12k, 16k, 20k bells for a total vulome of for an approximate volume of 28,000 lbs

T and F:
Mobilizations and prehab shoulder work
Pushup with feet elevated on 12’, 24", 36" boxes. 4 sets of 16 reps on each box in a ascending and descending pyramid for a approx. volume of 28,000lbs load
Kettlebell swings: 4 sets ascending of 52 reps each at 12k, 16k, 20k, and 24k for an approximate volume of 35,000lbs

W and alternate Sat’s:
Dumbell double arm curls while balanced on one leg flexed 90% at hip at 25lbs, 35lbs, and 45lbs in an ascending and descending pyramid for 12 sets total @ 16 reps for a of load 13,440 volume
Bent over dumbell double arm tricep kickbacks at 15lbs, 20lbs, 25lbs, 30lbs, 35lbs, 40lbs, 45lbs for 16 reps each for 2 sets in an ascending/ descending pyramid for 11,520 volume
Heavy core day :Med ball slams, med ball rotaion wall slams, leg raises from pullup bar

Interval work is 3 days bike 90-120 sec max/ 60-90 sec rest
I also hike 2x a week on the mountains here in Salt Lake with an average trail angle of 35% 5-6 miles

[quote]rebattle wrote:
My carb choices( rice, potatoes, greek yogurt as well as the regular Drive) are the ones mentioned on the livespills. So I’m defintely not low carbing it.[/quote]
Greek yogurt is relatively-low carb and there was only a mention of a “small portion of carbs”, so it obviously sounded like you were intentionally restricting carbs. Even with fat loss as the primary goal, the general advice on Indigo seems to be to not be afraid of bumping up the carbs significantly, especially if you’re “earning them” with hard training.

And so you have the Metabolic Drive Muscle Growth formula, not the low carb? My mistake.

If your current training and diet are delivering the results you’re after, then stick with it. But be open to some tweaks for even better progress.

[quote]Mon
TRX horizontal pull 12x16
KB reverse lunge 12x16

Tues
Feet-elevated push-up 12x16
KB swing 4x52

Wed
One-foot-up dumbbell curl 12x16
Two-arm kickback 14x16
Medicine ball slam/rotation wall slam
Hanging leg raise

Thurs
TRX horizontal pull 12x16
KB reverse lunge 12x16

Fri
Feet-elevated push-up 12x16
KB swing 4x52

Every Other Sat
One-foot-up dumbbell curl 12x16
Two-arm kickback 14x16
Medicine ball slam/rotation wall slam
Hanging leg raise

Cardio
3 days bike 90-120 sec max/ 60-90 sec rest
hike 2x a week, average trail angle of 35% 5-6 miles[/quote]
Does this look pretty much right? I just wanted to translate it into a more readable form for anyone else who wanted to chime in.

Yea, thats it brotha.
Thanks very much for the input.
Train hard, live well!

[quote]rebattle wrote:
Indigo (full dose)
Get your log set-up and be sure to read the links that are listed at the top of every LiveSpill, they will give you all the information you need about dosing and Indigo in general.

Anaconda
Simply read the directions listed on the bottle, pretty simple and easy supplement now.

MAG-10
Use a serving as a pulse 1-hour after you’re finished training, outside of that you can use it for pulses in between meals, or for bouts of cardio or prowler work.

Craetine
Mix according to label, add it to your Anaconda mix.

Beta alanine
I would just follow the label directions on this.

Rhodiola
Again, simply follow label directions.

Alpha Male
Follow label directions

Curcumin
Follow label directions

Brain Candy
Take this first thing upon waking, preferably at the same time every morning, on an empty stomach, wait 10-15min before eating or taking Indigo with this also.

Metabolic Drive shakes (2 a day as meal replacements)
If you have the MAG-10 you might want to replace the Metabolic Drive with MAG-10 Pulses instead.

Fish oil

Two solid meals a day :
-meal 2 big salad w 12 almonds , berry greek yogurt w ground berry flax seed

I train 5-6 days a week < all body weight endurance/ strength except for KB’s,
cardio intervals 3 days a week also
I’ve been in a cutting phase I’d like to continue until I get from 15% bf to 9%
Any help from the diet gurus would be appreciated.[/quote]