Scheduling Confusion

Here’s the deal. I’m trying to lower my mile time for a PFT for one of the military academies and an ROTC scholarship. I also play football. I’m trying to find a way to best fit in lifting, conditioning, and speed work all into one week. Any ideas? I train with Ed Coan for powerlifting/football, so I have lifting covered. Here’s what my week looks like now:

Sunday - off
Monday - Chest and Triceps
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - off
Friday - Shoulders
Saturday - Back and Biceps

Now, I want to fit in my conditioning and my speed work into my off days and one day after lifting, preferably on Friday after shoulders, because running wouldn’t be a problem.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
Here’s the deal. I’m trying to lower my mile time for a PFT for one of the military academies and an ROTC scholarship. I also play football. I’m trying to find a way to best fit in lifting, conditioning, and speed work all into one week. Any ideas? I train with Ed Coan for powerlifting/football, so I have lifting covered. Here’s what my week looks like now:

Sunday - off
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - off
Friday - Shoulders

Now, I want to fit in my conditioning and my speed work into my off days and one day after lifting, preferably on Friday after shoulders, because running wouldn’t be a problem.

CS[/quote]

Training with Ed Coan? Lucky. I looked at your schedule and before I give any advice I have one question, what sort of speed work/conditioning equipment do you have access to? Have you considered AM speedwork/ conditioning early on your off days or in the AM prior to a lifting day?

[quote]serpiente-6509 wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

Sunday - off
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - off
Friday - Shoulders

CS[/quote]

Training with Ed Coan? Lucky. I looked at your schedule and before I give any advice I have one question, what sort of speed work/conditioning equipment do you have access to? Have you considered AM speedwork/ conditioning early on your off days or in the AM prior to a lifting day?

[/quote]

I have a sled and a hill.

CS