Scary places

diesel – Kudos for doing that job. I couldn’t. I like to think of myself as a realist, but I find that I do get creeped out sometimes. There is a “farm” here in rural VA about 5 minutes from our place. I drive by it when I take the back roads coming home from Richmond. The “farm” is fairly large – At least two barns, a house, several other outbuildings. All in various stages of disrepair. You never see anyone outside. There are token cows in the pasture. I call them token because there are less than a dozen on at least 100 acres, and they don’t look good. There is no decoration, no mailbox, no tractors or other signs of human habitation. The buildings are always closed. All the windows and doors are shut. The house windows have pull shades – always shut. The only vehicles ever there are blue or black econoline type vans, sometimes without plates, always at least two, and usually 5 or 6. The vans are new or nearly so. My boys and I have always guessed that it is a safe house for some gov’t agency. To give you an idea how remote it is, it is 2 1/2 miles from my house to the nearest road with paint on it, and this is about three more little state roads removed. The road that runs in front of it is about one and a half lanes wide. It is paved, but you really have to be careful to pass someone coming the other direction.
One side of the road is old woods and the other has the house, set back about 70 ft from the road. One night about 4 mos ago, I was coming back from tidewater around 1030pm and passing the house. It was nasty, with freezing rain, so I was going slow. As I passed the house, I heard something like a warbling scream. If you have ever heard a cougar scream at night you know what I mean. VERY loud, possibly human. This was followed by a loud bang, more like something being slammed against the floor or concrete than an explosion. Then silence. I could actually feel the hair on my neck standing up, and goose pimples on my skin. My heart was banging away like it would come out of my chest. I know there was a rational explanation, but at the time I was scared shitless. I floored the car, and shot away at a truly reckless speed, given the conditions. I didn’t feel safe till I was home. I still drive past the place, but only in daylight. There are hardly ever any vans since then. If it is after dark, I take another route. It adds about 10 minutes to my drive, but I don’t care. Once when my youngest (18) was with me I suggested that we just go up and knock, and find out WTF? for once and for all. He is a big boy, and I go about 220. We should be OK. Still, he said I should feel free to drop him off at home and go back alone, but to take the magnum. It is a really creepy place. I wish it was farther from my home.

“Too bad we can’t stay, baby.” Eddie Murphy rules.

hey diesel i give you mad props in working at a place like that. that would fuckin scare the shit out of me.
were there any other buildings there that had that type of activity? if so what kind of stories have you heard. i think its interesting to hear from soo many more people that have had wierd shit happend to them.
first i apoligize for this might be a liitle long.
ok now my story isn’t like a ghost story but somthing i would have to say was some realy wierd SHIT!
ok one night i stayed the night at one of my friends houses. he had a wooden bunk bed in one of his rooms but a kind that could break apart. the one that was in the room i was staying in was the top bunk where when on the floor was alot higher up. i saw that there was plenty of room to sleep under the bed ( you know kinda like a fort ) after all i was a little youngster. my friend slept on the bed while i slept on the bottom on the floor and my other friend slept in the middle of the floor. any way on the side of the bed there’s a board or ladder so there’s no way that i could poke my head past it. well i woke up in the middle of the night and i was staring at the cieling. i thought how could this be before i could only see the black or the bottom of the bed. my head was right up against his closet. so then i scooted down and got up to turn on the light to see if they were playing tricks on me. when i did i saw them sound a sleep with the bed right up againt the closet and a ligned with the doorway, like it should’ve been. went back to laydown and saw that my pillow was gone but was replaced with one of my friends coats. so i got up again to check my friends and he still had his coat and the pillow was back where it sould’ve been. the last thing that was the wierdest that happend was i went to reached up at the bottom of the bed but couldn’t touch it so i sat up and still couldn’t touch it. i felt around but nothing then all of a sudden i banged my arm on the wall. after about another hour i was able to go back to sleep.
yeah i know what u’r thinking i was eather tripping on somthing or i was a sleep dreaming. but i could swear that i was awake and i was not on drugs.")
i still to this day can’t figure any of that out.
again sorry this was so long.
and also sorry for the (u’r) instead of your its a habbit.

i have one more story. my mom lived in this small ass house in this same small ass town that saldy i live in now. anyway she grew up in the house. one day her and her bro were doing dishes when they noticed that one of the doors was moving slightly. they checked to see if any windows or doors were opened to see if that was the cause. but it wasn’t so they went to the room where the door was still slightly swinging when all of a sudden the closet door bulged out at her in a way like somthing was reaching for her. she and my uncle round out of the house screaming.
now thats some real freaky shit.
sorry just wanted share.

A couple summers ago I used to sneak into this club pool that was located about a mile outside of town, and far away from any major roads or houses. I’d always go at night around 12 am, after it was closed and everyone went home, usually with friends for a small party, skinny dipping, etc. One night I went alone to swim laps for a little workout, after about 20 mins of swimming it began to rain, not thinking of lightning I kept swimming so I could finish my laps. As I was turning around for another lap I glanced up at the lifeguard house, a 3 story tower with windows that overlooked the entire club, and I saw what looked like an outline of a person looking at me. I froze, and tried to look through the rain at the person,but it was too dark to make anything out, nonetheless I was suddenly nervous and didnt’ feel like finishing my swim. I told myself there was noone there and got out, dried off, and was getting my stuff together. I kept looking up at the window and the outline was still there, and I gradually became more and more convinced it was a person, so I picked up my stuff and sort of jogged toward the gate, which was directly under the tower. Right as I got to the tower a series lighting flashes, and I looked up just in time to see a woman staring down at me, perfectly lit by the lightning flash. She was just peering down at me and our eyes were locked until it went dark again. At this point i was in a full sprint, I jumped over the gate and ran to my car, I glanced up at the tower from the other side and she was now at the other window watching me still. I got in my car and sped off, as I stopped at the edge of the club I quickly turned and she was still watching me. I must have been going 90 mph to the main road after that.

Fragile, you just made my hair stand up on end and it’s 9:50 AM.

A few years ago, I was driving to the house of a girl I was dating with my friend and his girlfriend. I told him “don’t ask her where her parents are, her dad’s at the lake and her mom died six months ago.” After he assured me that he knew and wouldn’t ask her about her mother, we got to her house and went inside. We sat down at the kitchen table and were having a few drinks. There was a small kitchen TV sitting on a stand in the corner of the room, and the remote was in the center of the kitchen table right in the middle of all four of us. Out of nowhere, my dumbass friend asks, “where’s your mom?” There was an awkward silence and all of a sudden the TV turned on. We all looked at the remote and realized that no one touched it. Nobody even moved and it was pointing in the total opposite direction. Needless to say, I felt like someone was watching me every time we got nekkid in that house.

Dude, your friend is a dumass. I wouldve KILLED him after we left. What the fuck was up his ass? Damn.