Scared Out My Wits By Weird Dream

Yo

Last night or early today I woke up at like 7AM after my dream abruptly changing… It went from me seeing some weird woman with a sinister smile who had been walking backwards to losing all sense of reality dream and otherwise… I had no idea if I was about to die.

I was aware of myself and I felt trapped… All I could hear was a low pitch buzzing noise and it felt like I was falling through darkness. All this time I couldn’t wake up but I could feel my eyes moving and I even remember trying to open them.

It’s different from my usual nightmares and I used to get these as a child but not for a long long time since.

Has anyone got any experience with these type of dreams. I was worried I might of had a fit or a seizure or something. Or maybe it is night terror I wouldn’t know if I was screaming because no one else was in the house.

just jerk off. You’ll be fine after

I had a dream like this recently actually. The only difference I will note is that while i was “trapped inside my own body” I was VERY tired but felt that if I fell back asleep it would get worse… and it did… 5 or 6 times. I don’t really get stuff like this.

Over the past couple years I’ve had increasingly terrible nightmares (albeit sporadically) including ones where I “wake up” from a nightmare in to a much more lucid/realistic nightmare which takes place in my home/apartment. Essentially I get tricked in to thinking I’m awake and then get murdered in my own home. Happens every 2 months or so and as much as it sounds wimpy or something… it’s the most frightening stuff ever.

Hmm, sounds like a classic case of probing by aliens. A rape kit may be in order.

D

[quote]jacheson wrote:
I had a dream like this recently actually. The only difference I will note is that while i was “trapped inside my own body” I was VERY tired but felt that if I fell back asleep it would get worse… and it did… 5 or 6 times. I don’t really get stuff like this.

Over the past couple years I’ve had increasingly terrible nightmares (albeit sporadically) including ones where I “wake up” from a nightmare in to a much more lucid/realistic nightmare which takes place in my home/apartment. Essentially I get tricked in to thinking I’m awake and then get murdered in my own home. Happens every 2 months or so and as much as it sounds wimpy or something… it’s the most frightening stuff ever.[/quote]

Yeah it is awful man. I woke up so early and didn’t want to go back to sleep.

Interestingly now I’m very tired, my neck hurts got a headache and to top it off I don’t want to go back to sleep. I’ve been up for 13hours now…

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Hmm, sounds like a classic case of probing by aliens. A rape kit may be in order.

D[/quote]

Don’t believe in that shit man haha

I had a nightmare recently where I woke up and was cooking and kept burning myself and was like ^#%&#%$@$^&#%!!! then I really woke up yay no burns! havent had a nightmare in a long while. lol

[quote]jacheson wrote:
I had a dream like this recently actually. The only difference I will note is that while i was “trapped inside my own body” I was VERY tired but felt that if I fell back asleep it would get worse… and it did… 5 or 6 times.
[/quote]

Are you taking ZMA? I experience very vivid, lifelike dreams on ZMA. A while back I had a similar dream where I was awake but couldn’t move any of my muscles. I was scared shitless when I finally awakened…I got a first hand feeling of what it must feel like to have a massive Stroke.

It just sounds like plain old crazy to me. You should probably be institutionalized. It’s for your own protection.

go easy on the shrooms from now on bro.
check your diet and stress level.

It’s called sleep paralysis or “The Old Hag”. It’s caused by poor circulation. Search it up on Wikipedia.

I’ve had it before, the most intense was half waking from a dream in which I thought a guillotine was resting on my neck, having been placed not dropped. Slowly killing me in my bedroom. In actuality it was my blanket and the pain was caused by my bad cold. Happened twice in a row. It’s some fucked up shit.

Sounds like sleep paralysis/hypnagogia.

It’s not unusual to hear strange noises such as “magnetic buzzing” etc. during these experiences. Encountering a particular deity, such as the woman you mention, is also common with sleep paralysis. In fact, the etymological origin of the word “nightmare” comes from the female demon known in folklore as the “Mare”, “Hag” or “Succubus” (Incubus if the subject is female). Appearing as an attractive young lady at first, she reveals her ugly self only after luring the victim to intercourse. So actually nightmares originally referred to experiences such as the one you had, being unable to move and the sense of terror and imminent doom.

An excerpt from Wikipedia:

“A hag, or “the Old Hag”, was a nightmare spirit in British and Anglophone North American folklore. This variety of hag is essentially identical to the Anglo-Saxon mæra â?? a being with roots in ancient Germanic superstition, and closely related to the Scandinavian mara. According to folklore, the Old Hag sat on a sleeper’s chest and sent nightmares to him or her. When the subject awoke, he or she would be unable to breathe or even move for a short period of time. Currently this state is called sleep paralysis, but in the old belief the subject had been “hagridden”.[6] It is still frequently discussed as if it were a paranormal state.”

And Dedicated,yes you are right, probing experiences are thought to be a result of hypnagogic hallucinations lol.

Don’t worry though, I bet most people have experienced this at least once in their lifetime, often due to stress or whatnot. But the fact that this creepy woman actually showed up in your case IS kinda scary.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
Yo

Last night or early today I woke up at like 7AM after my dream abruptly changing… It went from me seeing some weird woman with a sinister smile who had been walking backwards to losing all sense of reality dream and otherwise… I had no idea if I was about to die.

I was aware of myself and I felt trapped… All I could hear was a low pitch buzzing noise and it felt like I was falling through darkness. All this time I couldn’t wake up but I could feel my eyes moving and I even remember trying to open them.

It’s different from my usual nightmares and I used to get these as a child but not for a long long time since.

Has anyone got any experience with these type of dreams. I was worried I might of had a fit or a seizure or something. Or maybe it is night terror I wouldn’t know if I was screaming because no one else was in the house.[/quote]

I doubt it was a night terror, as it’s rare for adults to have them… Exceptionally rare actually… My daughter (6) gets them from time to time when she’s stressed out over stuff… She has no memory of the event whatsoever, nor does she have any memory of us coming into her room, helping to calm her down, etc.

Night terrors usually occur in the sleep stage when you’re just drifting into REM sleep (I think that’s the stage) and you’re just not getting into that level of sleep…

Quite scary actually, as she’s completely terrified, eyes open, screaming, etc…

We were able to determine it was a night terror after it kept occurring and she had no memory of it happening, no memory of coming into bed with us, etc…

You recall your dream and how you felt, etc. so definately not a night terror (IMHO), but I’m not expert, just based on what I’ve dealt with, with our daughter…

I know when I was in my late teens/early 20’s, during a VERY stressful time at work, I woke up and found myself standing in my room, talking about placing orders and stuff… Had to give my head a shake after that, but that type of dream/state only occurred a couple times and always under severe stress levels…

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
Yo

Has anyone got any experience with these type of dreams. I was worried I might of had a fit or a seizure or something. Or maybe it is night terror I wouldn’t know if I was screaming because no one else was in the house.[/quote]

I doubt it was a night terror, as it’s rare for adults to have them… Exceptionally rare actually… My daughter (6) gets them from time to time when she’s stressed out over stuff… She has no memory of the event whatsoever, nor does she have any memory of us coming into her room, helping to calm her down, etc.

Night terrors usually occur in the sleep stage when you’re just drifting into REM sleep (I think that’s the stage) and you’re just not getting into that level of sleep…

Quite scary actually, as she’s completely terrified, eyes open, screaming, etc…

We were able to determine it was a night terror after it kept occurring and she had no memory of it happening, no memory of coming into bed with us, etc…

You recall your dream and how you felt, etc. so definately not a night terror (IMHO), but I’m not expert, just based on what I’ve dealt with, with our daughter…

I know when I was in my late teens/early 20’s, during a VERY stressful time at work, I woke up and found myself standing in my room, talking about placing orders and stuff… Had to give my head a shake after that, but that type of dream/state only occurred a couple times and always under severe stress levels…

I hate in my dreams where this girl and I (Whom I know) fall in love and start a happy relationship and I’m all psyched and all but then I wake up and feel bad about the dream the whole day. Then I see that girl, and look for any signs of that dream adoration and there is none and she is cold as always and then I feel bad about it again.

Don’t you hate that?

[quote]matko5 wrote:
I hate in my dreams where this girl and I (Whom I know) fall in love and start a happy relationship and I’m all psyched and all but then I wake up and feel bad about the dream the whole day. Then I see that girl, and look for any signs of that dream adoration and there is none and she is cold as always and then I feel bad about it again.

Don’t you hate that? [/quote]

Yes, sounds almost as bad as getting probed. Just ask Bruce.

D

DAMN NATURE YOU SCARY!

Foam roll it.

I think ive had what you mentioned. Somtimes I will be fully awake, but not able to move my body, its like im paralyzed. And its always after a bad dream or “nightmare”.

It hasnt happened in a while, but its pretty scary when it does.

I have a fear of heights but I also do a lot of hiking and climbing. The result is for a couple weeks after a trip I get lucid nightmares where my eyes are open, I can see the outline of my window and my alarm clock, but I can also see the outline of trees and mountains and I’m sliding off my bed because it’s at such a steep grade and my bedding is just damp, slippery alpine junipers and won’t keep me from falling into oblivion to my certain death.

I suffer through a bunch of hanging on to the side of my bed then I have to reach over for my light on my night stand, while still holding on for my dear life with only one arm and suddenly, as I flick the light on, I am properly orientated again, there is a floor and all will be fine. Freaky as hell! And I’m awake, which is really weird. I KNOW it’s not real but the only way to get out of it is to turn on the light.