T Nation

Scar Tissue on the Abdomen

A friend of mine thats has gone through several kinds of hell w/ stomach surgeries asked me if his stomach can somehow n=bounce back from the numerous surgeries he has had. I am attaching apick we took of his stomach. As you see the large cut accross his abdomen, an the row indentures on the sides are from chest tubes from when hius lung collapsed once.

I told him "I’ll be honest, I really didn’t know; but I would psot his pic where more ppl w/ more knowledge may know.
In that pic his weight is 190-195lbs.

He obviously needs to loose weight; but w/ the buildup of scar tissue from multiple surgeries, do ya’ll think he can ever get a flat stomach or possibly even abs if he worked @ it?

why in rate my physique?

I don’t know why he’s stomache couldn’t be “flat”

As for how his abs look, would depend on how they sliced them i’d think.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
why in rate my physique?

I don’t know why he’s stomache couldn’t be “flat”

As for how his abs look, would depend on how they sliced them i’d think.[/quote]

I wasn’t sure what section to place it in; sorry.
Guess I could have put it in "get a life"section.

Scar tissue won’t make a difference in wether he can lose fat/build enough muscle to have a visibly developed abdomen, but the scars will always be there and may give them a weird look.

I see no reason this guy couldn’t get a 6pack.

Prisoner had a rib taken out when he was young, he’s got a great build, but you can see the difference between his left and right side. It’s not a big issue, as others have said.

[quote]APE. wrote:

He obviously needs to loose weight; but w/ the buildup of scar tissue from multiple surgeries, do ya’ll think he can ever get a flat stomach or possibly even abs if he worked @ it?[/quote]
yes I’m pretty sure he should be able to get at least a decent six pack with good dieting, there seems to be only one scar surrounded with scar tissue above the ab muscles which makes it somewhat harder for definition to be seen around that scar.

[quote]APE. wrote:
He obviously needs to loose weight; but w/ the buildup of scar tissue from multiple surgeries, do ya’ll think he can ever get a flat stomach or possibly even abs if he worked @ it?[/quote]

George Farah (above) was shot several times and managed to get decent abs. Depending on his conditioning and pose, the scar is more or less noticeable.

But yeah, it’ll always be there and he’ll always be able to tell there’s a scar there. But that’s a good thing. He came through it all, now he has the privilege of training.

Get your friend signed up here on the site and bring him to the gym with you, once he has the doctor’s clearance to train.