Scapula Problems

My right Scapula is winging and right and left don’t work symmetrically. I have checked out several articles on T-Nation, but I’m unsure what exercises are best to regain symmetry. Could someone please offer some advice??

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn’t focus on symmetry first, I’d focus on activation and then strength. The symmetry will come later. However, for symmetry, I’d focus on dumbbell exercises rather than barbell exercises (ex: dumbbell bench press with scapular protraction instead of barbell bench press with scap protraction). This will make sure both sides have to work equally and one side can’t compensate for the other.

[quote]smallmike wrote:
I wouldn’t focus on symmetry first, I’d focus on activation and then strength. The symmetry will come later. However, for symmetry, I’d focus on dumbbell exercises rather than barbell exercises (ex: dumbbell bench press with scapular protraction instead of barbell bench press with scap protraction). This will make sure both sides have to work equally and one side can’t compensate for the other.[/quote]

Smallmike, thanks for your reply, what are the best exercises for activation?

Thanks in advance

This is a good article on serratus activation:

shongrosse.com/2012/01/serratus-anterior-training-progressions/

[quote]smallmike wrote:
This is a good article on serratus activation:

shongrosse.com/2012/01/serratus-anterior-training-progressions/[/quote]

Thanks for that smallmike - top-man!