Scalise Shot at Baseball Practice

Maybe at the national level since the 60s simply because there wasn’t an effective way to communicate nationally in those times. To say that Obama’s clemency of Rivera is what started this is to ignore the MOUNTAIN of violence preaching that went on when Obama was first elected (we did elect a foreign born Muslim antichrist after all).

Imo we have noone to blame except our own people for constantly feeding into these violent tendencies.

1 Like

No one, least of all me, is pretending that there hasn’t been violence on both sides. What I am saying is that the “who” has changed. That shift from the fringe to the mainstream is what I’m finding so disconcerting. For example, an assassination attempt is serious business and yet it’s been openly mentioned by Madonna and others. The recent play and Kathy Griffin are the latest examples. That is giving a level of legitimacy to political violence I haven’t seen in my lifetime. That’s a problem. I would like to see it stop.

It goes back much further that this (obviously), but if you’re looking for mainstream violence preaching, this kind of stuff has been going on since Obama was elected (it may go back further, I wasn’t paying attention back then).

1 Like

I didn’t see Romney or other Republicans join any “resistance” movement when Obama was elected. I didn’t see anyone mainstream call for his assassination. Again, the “who” (as in who is saying these things) has changed.

Which is disgusting. Like Fox News continuing to have Ted Nugent on after calling for killing Obama and Hilary?

Then you didn’t remotely pay attention

@sunnbeaches105

Unfortunately this is your dead ringer answer. If you didn’t see it, you weren’t paying attention. This is NOT a Republican problem, nor is it a Democrat problem. Ultimately this continues to happen because Americans continue to feed into it. Much like the media bias, there’s absolutely nobody to blame but ourselves when violence preaching becomes mainstream.

And that’s a very good point and I take it in good faith. It’s also why no one I know supports that crazy loon and it’s one example. But Rand Paul isn’t Hillary Clinton or Obama. Obama literally gave clemency to a political terrorist. Hillary announced quite publicly that she joined “the resistance.” Neither are fringe party leaders.

What do you think the resistance is and how is it different than what the tea party was?

1 Like

Also why are you not freaking out that the most watched news network continues to air someone who publicly called for killing Obama and Hilary? CNN fired Kathy Griffin.

Please point out where any republican in recent memory has given clemency to a right wing terrorist or hundreds of thousands of republicans marched on Washington and applauded for someone talking about blowing up the White House. Ted Nugent is a loon. Hell, Madonna is a loon but I know friends who applauded her speech and excused it.

I’m talking about watching fellow professionals, and one percenters do this. Again, it’s not a matter of saying there isn’t a fringe or violence on both sides. We all need to be calling that out and constantly. What I’m pointing out is that I’m seeing this shift to mainstream. My hope is that this is a wake up call. I want to be able to vote both parties again. I want to see moderates crossing the aisle again. I want to see my friends demouncing ALL violence.

1 Like

Assassination attempts?

I don’t think the level of what those 2 people did is remotely close. You do? Does/did fox employ ted?

CNN sponsors a daily play including the violent assassination of Trump to cheering audiences.

1 Like

I agree his behavior is indefensible. I do not see my friends supporting those statements.

Maybe my bubble is different than your bubble, but I’m seeing very well educated people fall silent over this attack after months of posting every act of violence that could possibly be blamed on Trump.

I’m also not happy to see myself become a Trump supporter when I’ve been a moderate, pro-gay, pro-abortion, atheist, Republican my entire life. I registered independent when Trump won the Republican nomination FFS. And I absolutely ageee that political violence needs to be denounced, full stop. Again though people I thought sane have not been acting so sane. The “who” has changed. It’s rocked my faith in humanity.

1 Like

Exact same things people said about the tea party.

I agree with the bottom part of your point but from where I live the applause would have came from Nugents comments

Fair enough on your bottom statement. I know better than to think my bubble covers everyone. Don’t expect me to defend anyone espousing violence. I won’t.

1 Like

I don’t know if they employ him or not. Having him on the show legitimizes his views and makes them part of the mainstream

Neither will I. It’s all fucked up and needs to stop

3 Likes

And that is something we both can wholeheartedly agree on

Multiple people were actually shot. The Whip is in critical condition. There is no question mark to the headline of that story. And yet, my FB fell silent yesterday. Yes, that worries me because it’s full of very well educated and successful professionals who should be appalled. Again, that’s MY bubble. I’m hoping it’s not representative, but I have watched some pretty nasty behavior on the national stage.