SC Test Cyp Shots

Quick question. I’ve been doing 200mg. weekly of Test Cyp and my Dr. has agreed to let me try the twice weekly SC shot of 50mg (for a weekly total of 100mg. of Test Cyp and the KSman protocol of Hcg and Arimidex as well)
Has anyone had any problems with an abscess using this protocol? If simple math hasn’t escaped me, and it might have, it would be .25 two times a week and that dose might be such a nominal amount that it might not pose a problem.

Shouldn’t be a problem. Be sure you’re not confusing an actual infected abscess with a bump on the skin, which most all SC injections will leave unless they’re REALLY small volumes. One is dangerous and rare, the other not dangerous and fairly common.

That was the fear I had. I have used gear in the past and actually had an abscess that required surgery so I’m a little gun shy. I’ve never used Test Cyp this way so I thought I better see if anyone has had any problems with a SC protocol. When it comes to TRT, SC sounds like the best way to go about it. I read the Canadian study about SC Test injections, I’m amazed more Dr’s aren’t following this protocol.

That was the fear I had. I have used gear in the past and actually had an abscess that required surgery so I’m a little gun shy. I’ve never used Test Cyp this way so I thought I better see if anyone has had any problems with a SC protocol. When it comes to TRT, SC sounds like the best way to go about it. I read the Canadian study about SC Test injections, I’m amazed more Dr’s aren’t following this protocol.

Are we talking about abscesses from infection? That is a technique problem.

One should be amazed if doctors do anything progressive or displaying independent rational deduction.

The moment I got my shot. I knew something was wrong and a couple days later I couldn’t really walk without a limp and a couple weeks later I had to have the abscess cut out and drained. A technique problem? You’re right. I don’t know if my buddy hit a nerve or what but that was my last time running AAS.
I do think I have my Dr. on board with your protocol. I’ve been using two of the three for your TRT protocol, now it’s just a matter of HCG hopefully this week.

When you clean the injection site, scrub with the alcohol wipe and keep alcohol on the skin for a while. When you load a syringe then cap the needle, when you remove the needle to inject, depending on how you hold things, you can wipe the needle over your thumb, so watch the details.

KSman- Can you inject Test SC in your stomach like hCG or is best absorbed in your thigh?

I inject in the midsection. It’s where I carry the most padding and just seems to be easiest to work with.

I’m curious if it absorbs as well in the stomach as the thigh like KSman has in his thread. I’ve been pinning in my stomach and feel like something is off. I don’ have the blood work to tell me any different, hoping to get BW done within the month (insurance Issues.)
How long have you been pinning in your midsection? What’s your protocol and how has your blood work been?

I’ve been doing SQ for a few months at least. See my thread called SERM Restart for more details.

When I switched from IM to SQ, I changed other values as well, so I don’t have a great comparison. Absorption didn’t seem to be as good, but that can be cured with dosage. My doc understands that everyone is different and isn’t tied to a specific dose. Matter of fact I could probably put myself anywhere in the range I wanted.

I’m right around the middle of the “normal” range now. Going higher just makes E2 control more difficult for me and I’m a little nervous about taking more of anything than I absolutely need to feel better. Not as worried about T but more long term use of higher doses of Adex. I would rather keep that as low as possible. Going higher in the range doesn’t seem to make me feel any better. Strength was better and libido was higher for a bit. I can deal with strength improvements, and the wife couldn’t handle my libido when it was higher.

Get blood work and adjust.

When I first started injecting in my stomach, my Doc thought I could drop my AI all together due to the fact of slower release of T would cause less E2 spike and he seemed right. I had dropped my Test from 200mg. one time a week to 100mg. twice a week AND added 250iu M-W-F of hCG. I wasn’t taking hCG before.

My T level dropped from 780 to 505 after about 6 weeks. The question my Doc had was, was the hCG keeping my T levels at 505 and he thought my T might not getting absorbed like it was pinning IM. Even though we lowered my weekly test, we added hCG and he was expecting numbers to be close to the same if not higher. So, I’m like to I go back to IM or SC in the thigh and chalk it up to that SC in the stomach doesn’t work for me?

You can try SQ in a different spot. I moved from the navel area to my side where there’s less fat. t seems to be more inline with IM accounting for lower dosage.

I’ve been injecting SC T cyp 50mg twice a week for 7 years and my TT is always around 1000 and free T is always slightly high. Absorption shouldn’t be a problem. All of the research I read before trying it showed that the release was slower and steady.

Thanks Brent. Where are you injecting? How old are you? Are you also using hCG?

[quote]dhickey wrote:
You can try SQ in a different spot. I moved from the navel area to my side where there’s less fat. t seems to be more inline with IM accounting for lower dosage.[/quote]
I think for me. If I’m injecting SQ in an area with a higher % of body fat, less might be getting absorbed. Does that sound right to you?

[quote]clarkster wrote:

[quote]dhickey wrote:
You can try SQ in a different spot. I moved from the navel area to my side where there’s less fat. t seems to be more inline with IM accounting for lower dosage.[/quote]
I think for me. If I’m injecting SQ in an area with a higher % of body fat, less might be getting absorbed. Does that sound right to you?
[/quote]
No idea. I got less than stellar results so decided to try something a bit different. I’ve also been bouncing back and forth between two labs for testing. Ranges are different and results have now been a bit different for same protocol. I probably need to go back and look at my results with this in mind.

This is really only an issue if your doc will only prescribe a particular dose. If you like SQ but levels aren’t where you want them, up the dose a bit.

BW came back at T level of 452 after 2 months of SQ in the quad at 60mg. 2X a week and HCG 250ius. M-W-F. I went back to IM about a month ago same dosage and will run BW in about a month and compare. I will say my head feels clearer after being back on IM, but will verify with BW. My Dr thinks that I might not respond well to SQ.

When I switched to SQ, my TT went down, but Free T stayed the same. TT went from 800-ish down to 4-500, but Free T stayed slightly “high” on the scale. Don’t remember exact numbers for that, I’d have to look in my thread. I inject in my belly - 100mg/wk divided on M/TR, using liquid AI and hcg 250iu 3x/wk.