SC T Injections - Questions

Going back to Endo in couple weeks. Been on 10 grams Androgel for several years, HcG (Off & On) & AI (No script- Research Chemicles.) I need info to get my Old Endo to prescribe self injectable SC Injections. I know he is willing to do the 2 week office T injection, but for obvious reason that is unnacceptable.

1. Anyone have any studies (He loved the HcG JCEM study- Thats only reason I got that prescribed)they can post links too? I believe there was a Canadian one I’m unable to find.

2. Can someone break down the exact protical/steps for an equivalant 10g androgel doseage -Need to have this down by heart to convince Endo (I’m already his test case with the HcG and the damn guy has to check my nuts everytime I see him…)

My guess is it would be 10grams=200mg T per week.
I could use 100cc 29gauge insulin needle EOD with 65cc SC injected.

Would that be 1 vial of T a month? Take same day as Hcg? Any other tips on SC T injections? Is 65cc too much to inject SC at once?

Thanks Fellows!

Stay Healthy,
LL

For the PM’s about the HcG JCEM study here is the link:

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/reprint/90/5/2595?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=low-dose+human&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

Hope that works… here is the study info

ENDOCRINE CARE:
Andrea D. Coviello, Alvin M. Matsumoto, William J. Bremner, Karen L. Herbst, John K. Amory, Bradley D. Anawalt, Paul R. Sutton, William W. Wright, Terry R. Brown, Xiaohua Yan, Barry R. Zirkin, and Jonathan P. Jarow
Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular Testosterone in Normal Men with Testosterone-Induced Gonadotropin Suppression
J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., May 2005; 90: 2595 - 2602.
…Article Endocrine Care 7 8 Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular…Selective replacement of LH activity with low-dose hCG, as demonstrated in this study…androgens and FSH in the control of human spermatogenesis. Such work will be…men. Fertil Steril 64:139-145 Low-dose human chorionic gonadotropin maintains intratesticular…

Thanks for this info: “According to the study, SubQ shots cause higher T levels than IM shots”

Here’s the Canadian Study:

Subcutaneous Administration of Testosterone
These two articles shows that subc injections of AAS are quite viable alternative for IM injections.

Quote:
STABLE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS ACHIEVED
WITH SUBCUTANEOUS TESTOSTERONE
INJECTIONS

M.B. Greenspan, C.M. Chang
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, McMaster University,
Hamilton, ON, Canada

Objectives: The preferred technique of androgen replacement has been intramuscular (IM) testosterone, but wide variations in testosterone levels are often seen. Subcutaneous
(SC) testosterone injection is a novel approach; however, its physiological effects are unclear.

We therefore investigated the sustainability of stable testosterone levels using
SC therapy.

Patients and methods: Between May and September 2005, we conducted a small pilot study involving 10 male patients with symptomatic late-onset hypogonadism. Every patient had been stable on TE 200 mg IM for 1 year. Patients were instructed to self-inject with
testosterone enanthate (TE) 100 mg SC (DELATESTRYL 200 mg/cc, Theramed Corp, Canada) into the anterior abdomen once weekly. Some patients were down-titrated to 50 mg based on their total testosterone (T) at 4 weeks. Informed consent was obtained as SC testosterone administration is not officially approved by Health Canada. T levels were measured before and 24 hours after injection during weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4, and 96 hours after injection in week 6 and 8. At week 12, PSA, CBC, and T levels were measured however; the week 12 data are still being collected. Results: Prior to initiation of SC therapy, T was 19.14+3.48 nmol/l, hemoglobin 15.8+1.3 g/dl, hematocrit 0.47+0.02, and PSA 1.05+0.65 ng/ml. During the first 4 weeks, there was a steady increase in pre-injection T from 19.14+3.48 to 23.89+9.15 nmol/l (p¼0.1). However, after 8 weeks the post-injection T (25.77+7.67 nmol/l) remained similar to that of week 1 (27.46+12.91 nmol/l).

Patients tolerated this therapy with no adverse effects.

Conclusions: A once-week SC injection of 50â??100 mg of TE appears to achieve sustainable and stable levels of physiological T. This technique offers fewer physician visits and the use of smaller quantity of medication, thus lower costs. However, the long term clinical and physiological effects of this therapy need further evaluation.

Quote:
Saudi Med J. 2006 Dec;27(12):1843-6

Subcutaneous administration of testosterone. A pilot study report.

Al-Futaisi AM, Al-Zakwani IS, Almahrezi AM, Morris D.
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine & Health Sciences, PO Box 35, Postal Code 123, Al-Khod, Sultanate of Oman. Tel. +968 99475401. Tel/Fax. +968 24413419. E-mail: alfutaisi@squ.edu.om.

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effect of low doses of subcutaneous testosterone in hypogonadal men since the intramuscular route, which is the most widely used form of testosterone replacement therapy, is inconvenient to many patients.

METHODS: All men with primary and secondary hypogonadism attending the reproductive endocrine clinic at Royal Victoria Hospital, Monteral, Quebec, Canada, were invited to participate in the study.

Subjects were enrolled from January 2002 till December 2002. Patients were asked to self-administer weekly low doses of testosterone enanthate using 0.5 ml insulin syringe. RESULTS: A total of 22 patients were enrolled in the study. The mean trough was 14.48 +/- 3.14 nmol/L and peak total testosterone was 21.65 +/- 7.32 nmol/L. For the free testosterone the average trough was 59.94 +/- 20.60 pmol/L and the peak was 85.17 +/- 32.88 pmol/L. All of the patients delivered testosterone with ease and no local reactions were reported.

CONCLUSION: Therapy with weekly subcutaneous testosterone produced serum levels that were within the normal range in 100% of patients for both peak and trough levels. This is the first report, which demonstrated the efficacy of delivering weekly testosterone using this cheap, safe, and less painful subcutaneous route.

I only have my only test results to show that SC 2x/week is working as good as IM.

We found that 5gm/day of androgel = 100mg of TC per week. Remember that TCyp is only 70% test and 30% ester.

So 200mg/week of TCyp would be 140mg of Test.