SC T Cyp Injections

If anyone else is interested in this I’ve been a ginnie pig for six months and it’s fine. No difference in labs, no pain, no strange reactions, etc. It’s the same as IM only I like it better. Since I’m 35 I’m concerned about long term IM injections causing scaring issues. If you’re doing small dose multiple injections a week it works great. I wouldn’t inject more than 50mg a time SC though.

You use insulin needles? Anything larger would hurt SC.

Where, exactly, are you putting it?

I have tried SC and I think that it is a good idea, but I have not really changed to that for some reason. I inject IM EOD with #29 .5ml .5". That will work well for SC as well. Do not attempt with 1mg insulin syringes.

So you guys are doing this in the stomach? Interesting, I never even thought about doing that. May have to give it a shot (sorry stupid pun) on my weekly.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
KSman wrote:
Do not attempt with 1mg insulin syringes.

Why not?

I do this with no problems, though it takes a little while to get the oil through the 30G needle.

BBB[/quote]

The smaller syringes with smaller diameter plungers will develop over 200PSI when injecting. With a larger syringe, pressures will be lower and the already slow injection would be too slow.

[quote]KSman wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
KSman wrote:

Why not?

I do this with no problems, though it takes a little while to get the oil through the 30G needle.

BBB

The smaller syringes with smaller diameter plungers will develop over 200PSI when injecting. With a larger syringe, pressures will be lower and the already slow injection would be too slow.[/quote]

Helps to put the syringe on a hot pad, set on low for 15 minutes too…lets the oil flow nice and smooth.

I use a 1/2 29g and I inject in the outer thighs. I use a 1/2" needle, pinch a bunch of skin, and inject at a 45 degree angle to keep the cyp away from the injection hole. If you go straight in with a shorter needle sometimes a little will leak out.

Is it better to inject by the navel or in the thigh? Thoughts anyone?

BTW: I never realized why the angle shot. Duh, now I feel dumb! ;>

I don’t think it really matters. Where I inject my labs are as you would expect. Personally I think the whole injection site/technique is taken a little to seriously.

I do think that you get a more consistent T level by SC injection though. My T level before my next injection on 100mg a week was 932 without HCG that week. That’s consistent with the research that I’ve read where less T cyp is required for SC injections. I’m sure not complaining!

Also to anyone considering T replacement I would recommend it. I was 6’1" and had to eat like a horse to stay around 165 lbs. Now, after 6 months, I’m 185 and it’s all been muscle added. I’m finally in control of my body weight by my diet and training. It feels good to see results. My body has never felt more healthy. I often read where guys are concerned about the life time commitment, bla, bla, bla… I would say get over it and you’ll be happy you did!

[quote]brentf13 wrote:
I don’t think it really matters. Where I inject my labs are as you would expect. Personally I think the whole injection site/technique is taken a little to seriously.

I do think that you get a more consistent T level by SC injection though. My T level before my next injection on 100mg a week was 932 without HCG that week. That’s consistent with the research that I’ve read where less T cyp is required for SC injections. I’m sure not complaining!

Also to anyone considering T replacement I would recommend it. I was 6’1" and had to eat like a horse to stay around 165 lbs. Now, after 6 months, I’m 185 and it’s all been muscle added. I’m finally in control of my body weight by my diet and training. It feels good to see results. My body has never felt more healthy. I often read where guys are concerned about the life time commitment, bla, bla, bla… I would say get over it and you’ll be happy you did! [/quote]

This sounds good. I’ll try it — 30 mg, 3 times/week and see what happens. I like to pin in the thigh. For some reason, the gut shot hurts more.

I have no idea how you guys get the Cyp through a 29 G.
I use a 25G, and i feel like that takes too long and a lot of work. I tried heating it and going through a 27G once, and that was a no-go. It will go, but very slow.

I am using “Watson” T-cyp. Seems kind of thick.

[quote]KSman wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
KSman wrote:

Why not?

BBB

The smaller syringes with smaller diameter plungers will develop over 200PSI when injecting. With a larger syringe, pressures will be lower and the already slow injection would be too slow.[/quote]

[quote]sxracer wrote:
I have no idea how you guys get the Cyp through a 29 G.
I use a 25G, and i feel like that takes too long and a lot of work. I tried heating it and going through a 27G once, and that was a no-go. It will go, but very slow.

I am using “Watson” T-cyp. Seems kind of thick.

KSman wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
KSman wrote:

Why not?

Using Watson’s here

The plunger diameter of the #29 .5ml is very small. You can easily develop 200 PSI with that.

What is the ML size of the #25 that you are using.
BBB

The smaller syringes with smaller diameter plungers will develop over 200PSI when injecting. With a larger syringe, pressures will be lower and the already slow injection would be too slow.

Time to fill is slow, I pull the plunger and hang the vial for 5 minutes to fill .5ml [for multiple shots per load].

[/quote]

I have been using a 3ml syringe.
My 29 & 30G are 1 ml.

Just for fun, I will try a 29G 1/2 ml and check out that 200 PSI plunger !

Ok, it takes freakin forever to fill. LOL.
I will keep trying it and see how it goes for the next month or so and get my levels checked again. Thanks for the idea.

I think it takes me less than 2 minutes to fill through a 29g. Do you just pull the plunger all the way back and sit it somewhere? That’s what I do and it works ok.

If you go SC you’ll see your levels go up some. For me it went up A LOT SC.

[quote]brentf13 wrote:
I think it takes me less than 2 minutes to fill through a 29g. Do you just pull the plunger all the way back and sit it somewhere? That’s what I do and it works ok.

If you go SC you’ll see your levels go up some. For me it went up A LOT SC.[/quote]

I used a 25 gauge today and started SC. I cut my dose in half because my hematocrit and hemaglobin were going above range. I put the Test E in my right thigh SC.

I seem to have ‘dead zones’ on my thighs, on the outer part just outside and above the quad. Very nice to inject with no pain whatsoever.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

I seem to have ‘dead zones’ on my thighs, on the outer part just outside and above the quad. Very nice to inject with no pain whatsoever.

[/quote]

Same here, more so on one leg. The odd thing is that injecting my biceps is very comfortable, but more difficult to not prick veins and get bleed bruises. -Noting that my EOD injection amounts are small.

Same here. That’s where I inject and I never feel a thing. No pain, no bleeding, etc. I think it’s a good option for long term TRT.

Let’s spread the word on this, guys. Many newbies shy away from HRT because they think they need to do a 1.5" 21 gauge deep IM for the rest of their lives. A lot of people will shy away from that and use Androgel/Testim.