SC Injection Better Than IM?

I am on TRT since 4 years using Androgel. I was a little fed up with this gel and asked my doc to go with injections.

He prescribed me with Test Enanthate (Delatestryl) 50mg/week sub-cutaneous.

I will have a blood test in 3 weeks to see if it wiorks well for me.

I was surprised to do it SC as I thought that IM is better, but based on what my doc told me, it is as good SC than IM.

More to come

EDIT:

-age 43
-height 5’9’’
-waist 45
-weight 285
-describe body and facial hair: 28 % BF, body type is between an EndoMorph and a Mesomorph, facial hair are normal, no hair on head
-describe where you carry fat and how changed: lot of fat on the abdominal section,
-health conditions, symptoms [history] : High blood pressure, sleep apnea,
-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever : no

-describe diet 2200 calories per day 32 % carbs, 41 % protein, 27 % fat
-describe training Spinning and HIIT 4X/week, weight training (complexes) 3X/week
-testes ache, ever, with a fever? no
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed : no change, always there

See lab results in next post

thanks !

Personally I like SC better. Your dose is about half of what it should be.

SQ seems to work better for most, and yes, your dose is likely low. It will take a few weeks for levels to even out when starting SQ.

Please read the advice for new guys sticky. More info about you please.

Post current labs with ranges.

Need TT, FT, E2, CBC, fasting cholesterol, fasting glucose

test part 1 sorry for French title…

test part 2

test part 3

test part 4

I am really eager to see follow up blood test, since I think what my doc suggested me seems very low doses.

what do you think guys of my blood work ?

Hi,

Too bad I can’t change the title of this tread… Anyway…

After a 3 weeks period injecting myself Test Enanthate (Delatestryl) 50mg/week sub-cutaneous I got my new blood test and can see a significant decrease in my test level.

I am meeting with my doc on Thursday, and I am really eager to see what he will tell.

In the mean time, is there some question/request I should be making to him to help me resolve this ?

Thanks,

Mart

PS Sorry test results are in french, I hope you would understand though.

I think what I have rad is that SC is slower releasing because the fat cells hold onto it and slowly release it. Please dont take my input as fact, I just could of sworn I read that somewhere.

Regarding the level your doctor prescribed, how many androgen pumps were you using per day?

I was using four pumps

So I met my doc and I am going with 0.5cc IM / week.

[quote]ourouk wrote:
I was using four pumps[/quote]

Not sure what version of Androgel you were using but according to (Frequently Asked Questions About AndroGel 1.62% CIII) the more common version provided you with 50MG a day in 4 pumps, so you were getting 1 50MG dose of T a week with Enanthate what you were previously taking per day.

I do not consider myself qualified/expert on this and its purely my opinion, but it seems hard to believe that the SC shots are slow releasing enough to warrant 1/7th of the amount you were taking.

With the new script your doc gave, any idea what the MG per day will be now?

[quote]MdavisUSF wrote:

[quote]ourouk wrote:
I was using four pumps[/quote]

Not sure what version of Androgel you were using but according to (Frequently Asked Questions About AndroGel 1.62% CIII) the more common version provided you with 50MG a day in 4 pumps, so you were getting 1 50MG dose of T a week with Enanthate what you were previously taking per day.

I do not consider myself qualified/expert on this and its purely my opinion, but it seems hard to believe that the SC shots are slow releasing enough to warrant 1/7th of the amount you were taking.

With the new script your doc gave, any idea what the MG per day will be now?[/quote]

The previous Androgel I was using is this one Frequently Asked Questions About AndroGel 1.62% CIII

4 pumps X 1.25gr X 1% = 0.05 gr per day = 0.35gr of test per week

Now I am at 0.5cc @ 50 mg per week which means I have 0.25mg in me per week, which is lower but supposed to be better absorbed by the body…

I don’t know… I’m lost

I will defer to someone who may be smarter on this than I am but here is what I am seeing

The Androgel you were using 4 pumps was 50MG’s

Test Enthanante (most common I have seen is 200mg/1cc) at that level your 1cc would actually be 100MG/Week of T, when you were taking a dose of 350mg/week (arguable not getting a full 50MG per day due to various factors, not a full pump, evaporation etc.).

Now that you are not doing SC injections, I am not sure what your doctors mindset is here if you have documented proof your T levels are dropping, especially since is now IM. When I switched to IM from the gel (also doing 50Mg a day) I started on .75cc/week but I asked for a lower dose for my bodies sake but the typical IM is 1cc at 200MG/1cc a week.

Again I need to state I am just going on my opinion and my personal history with all of this, hopefully someone with a firmer grasp of all this can help you on this.

Your inability to absorb T also happens to be a symptom of [subclinical] hypothyroidism. Gaining fat and inability to loose weight is also a symptom of hypothyroidism. This info is in this thread and in the opening post. See the thyroid basics sticky, check body temperatures and evaluate your iodine intake from vitamins and iodized salt. You should do some thyroid lab work.

You need at least 100mg T cyp/eth per week and that should be in divided doses at least twice per week. IM/SC does not matter.

You gave high potential to convert T–>E2 in your body fat that is rich in aromatase. You need E2 labs and probably have high E2 and need an AI to manage E2 levels.

There is a lot to focus on other than your T levels!

see the protocol for injections, do not post there

My mistake… I inject 100mg once a week IM, not 50mg.

thank you very much for the comments, it certainly help !!!