SBSG (Scrawny Bastard Support Group)

Im doing a hoser here - I didnt sleep last night and missed a back workout cause of a girl (not the one that posts here and not the one in the WWTMD thread :). Whopper - you dont know how nice it is to have you back postin the truth cause its gettin a bit messy out there in the forum. In terms of training, I actually really like the prescriptive/instinctive program and would be interested in your results. I also like the muscle grouping (eg back and shoulders cause rear delts get hit on bent rows). One comment though - with a delt prioritisation the heavy shoulder presses on day 2 may be compromised by day 1 so it may be worthwhile swaping the two days depending on the priority.

Dawg…uh, yes, my friend, to total and complete annhilation! now get on to it! way to keep the Pup on the Porch and keep that tail wagging and tongue hangin’, bro. btw, i’m 20 but i feel like i’m about 16–in a good way. i do like whopper’s pre-exhaustion idea…you could always stick to your squats and after you’re thru do supa dupa sets of extensions and presses (just 2 or so).

hungover mofo…you busted me up, chief. proud of ya for doing the damage control…it’ll make you feel better…also sounds like you’re ready to get your groove on. yeah, baby!

whopper...interesting plan of action for the next three months. keep us posted on the progress. kinda like a built-in periodization scheme in my mind, where you're cycling intensities--and having some fun at the same time. what are your plans for the assistance exercises on the logged training days (reps, RIs, TUT)? oh, in case you can't hear me...i took a week of active recovery about 2 1/2 weeks ago, didn't weigh in at all and just ate according to hunger, and came back the following week at a measely 156--ugly, with a capital u--and am now at 160. i'm sure you're ready, willing and able to write me off...i'm still pumpin' and pushin' forward though and things are going rather well in the gym right now. i'm continuing to up the fuel, as my daily routine has changed a little recently. i also have some big time issues approaching that will be brought out very soon on the forum--my man Dre and my dogg Nate know wassup.

Dawg on the porch…I think what Timbo is referring to is a form of neuromuscular facillitation training, it’s also the basis for a lot of Ian King routines. Do a few light warm-up sets and start adding weight to the bar. When you are ready to hit your work sets do the heavy sets first…in this case 2 heavy sets of around 6. If you wanted to you could go 2 heavy sets of 6 full squats followed by one even heavier set of 6 half squats. Next strip some weight off the bar and do one final set or 2 of 15-20 reps. You’ll find you’ll be able to handle much more weight for your 15-20 rep sets then you normally do because your neuromuscular system is fired up so to speak. Along with this you’ll be hitting a broader spectrum of muscle fibers.

Dre, I like your thoughts. To be very honest, my idea of doing back and shoulders together came from the fact that I always seem to pull something in my back doing shoulders…no matter how strict I keep the form. So I grouped them together figuring that if the back was nice and warmed up due to the back workout…it would help not pulling anything…so far for the last 2 weeks it has worked nicely…no pulls or strains. I like your idea of a day after chest to hit the shoulders…give them a bit of rest, I might just do that, because it makes a lot of sense. I have to tell you that this is the first routine in a while I have devised that has really excited me…I am really enjoying the instincive days…they are just fun! Also the “set” days are really nice and focused because I am not trying to max out each workout, but every other workout for that bodypart…I think this one is going to work real well!!

hey ppl how u all doin? ne ways . I have changed my routine drastically from a volume based one to a more strength and explosive power one i have chosen to do three exercises per workout and they all have to lifts. at the moment my routine looks like this :

power cleans 112
deadlift 26
bench 110

wednesday
chinups 112
2-3 (weighted)
squat 110
military press 112

friday same as monday

the next week wednesday is doenmonday friday instead .

at this point i am strong imho for my age i think, i am 16 (turned in march)
my best lifts are
squat 300 lbs to just below parallel no wraps
deadlift 332 lbs no straps held at top for 52 secs (great for grip)
bench 215lbs for two reps (sucks but is coming along)
and power clean 160 lbs (just started doing these recently).

thanx for listening oh wait any of you do the hanging circumduction that is bloody murder just thought i’d share that.

Thanks for clarifying that Timbo and Kelly, I will do that from this time forward. Unfortunately I am getting my wisdom teeth out this friday and as such will not be able to eat any solid food for days. I am kind of thinking this will be horrifyingly catabolic and detrimental to my bodybuilding endevors. I will drink the gallon of milk and live off applesauce and yogurt and whey protien shakes everyday but still…what do you guys think, anyone else had these babies come out and still found a way to live and maybe even make some gains?

Just an FYI when you think a group has disappeared make sure you have check though the list first. There are two of this discussion going. Just go to the bottem and click next 25 if you cannot find what you are looking for.

Dawg…relax a bit bro…I have lived on MRPs for 4 to 5 days when I am at confrences and the like. Keep sucking down the moo juice, perhaps make it 2 gallons…and you will be just fine. DONT workout tho…cause you can bust the stitches in your mouth…not that I have done something that stupid…nope not me!! Follow their orders of washing out the wounds every 2 to 3 hours and they heal quite quickly. Good luck!

Come on Dre, don’t go coining any new phrases now! “Pulling a Hoser”! You’re going to give me a reputation as the lazy, drunken, word-slurring SB. Just to let you guys know, I only let myself go crazy like that once every 3 or 4 months. I needed a week off from the gym anyway, I’ve been hittin’ it pretty hard.

Kelly - many thanks for how you help out with these threads and sifting though our stuff to help us out. Your posts have all been the shiznit (ie useful and accurate) since day one. Dont ever change ;).

…strongly agrees with his dogg Dre on that last comment about Kelly. Props, Kel, keep it comin’ too, bro. I’ve really benefitted from your posts and your wealth of knowledge sharing. I know I’ve stroked your ego in the past but I think it’s well-deserved:-) On that note, Dre, I think you deserve some props as well, too, my man. You keep me honest and my head straight, as well as keeping the rest of the forum on their toes.

Thanks for the ego stroking Timbo and Dre!

Oh…My…God…too much…PAIN…As you may or may not be aware, I just got my wisdom teeth out today…all 4 of 'em. Needless to say it hurts extra-ordinarily badly. I can’t really open my mouth and I am consuming codine like it’s anadrol or something. I am managing to live off of yogurt, peanut butter, protien shakes and applesauce for now (and drinks of course). I actually managed to get an 800 calorie meal out of this crap once already today. Ok, I just thought I’d let all you know how good you have it and how I am suffering on my death bed. tata. ~Dawg on the Porch

Dawg on the porch…SUCK IT UP!!! Geezzz, it is just 4 wisdom teeth…take your vocoden like a good boy and CHILL. I just had mine done 6 months ago…and it wasn’t THAT bad…remember pain is weakness leaving the body…or that which does not kill us makes us stronger. Just don’t go lifting 3 days afterwords like I did…or ya fuck up the stitches. Now take your pills, replace your cotton in your mouth, and get a tissue for your tears…we will make a tough guy of you YET!

OK guys, friday’s weigh in has come and passed and I weigh in at 174 lbs. I am concerned however, that I am getting more fat than I want. I have a role of fat around my gut and my gynecomastia (from puberty, it isn’t permanent) has a little fat on my lower pecs. I still look good by the modern definition, but how much is too much fat? I am concerned that these gains I’m getting are fat also in addition to muscle. Course, when I hit 185 I am going to add cardio to the mix and diet down with low carb high protien, what do you guys think of this?

What’s up dawgs. I thought I would try to spark some new life into this old post. I’m weighing in at 171 now, which represents an 11 lb gain since June 1. I’d say half of the weight gain came during my creatine loading phase, and of the other half, not much is fat thanks to my massive eating diet. I’ve stalled at 171 over the past week, which is crazy since I’m eating 4000 cals/day. I’m kicking the shit out of myself with a GVT split similar to Whopper’s. I was thinking of reducing my training volume, but I’m really loving the program, so I’m going to eat more instead. How are the other guys doing? Dawg, how’s the parent situation? Timbo, how’s the liver recovery going? Dre, what are your training goals these days. I know you’re a ripped SOB, so I was wondering if you’re moving to a bulking phase anytime soon. Whopper, how’s the new gym treating you? Nate Dogg, you post all the time so I pretty much know what’s up with you. Anybody else, give me some updates, I’m always curious to see how my t-bros are doing. Later, Hoser

Whoa! I thought this post died and went to hell long ago! Fortunately, I was wrong as I do enjoy having this thread on to consult. My parents and I have come to an understanding. They let me eat whatever the fuck I want as long as I don’t use supps. That is all I need anyways, a top notch diet. I weigh in at 178lbs so I think I’m doing alright since I have probably the worst genetics imaginable for bodybuilding. My dad is a marathon runner, my mom petite, ect. Currently I’m in phase two of Ian Kings 12 weeks to super strength upper body. I’m consentrating on bringing up my hamstrings and letting my quads at maintenance. I figure bigger hams = easier quad developement in the long run…maybe, just a hunch though. The rest of you scrawny bastards chime in! ~Porch Dawg

Great Progress ma man, simply marvelous. I’m happy that the whole family issue has been resolved, and your right, all you need is a top notch diet, although i think the supps would really help but hey YOU CAN DO IT all you need is food, yeah al you need is food:) Good luck ma man!! Myself i am content at where i am 170 lbs at 14 % i am trianing more towards functional strength right now and have been training pavel style for the last 8 weeks ne ways and i have basically kept the diet the same and have gotten leaner whilst gaining alot of strength so i’m happy just doing that i’m taking my body wieght down to 154 lbs at 8% or is it lower then i will be happy> happy training and productive workouts to yah!!