Saying 'Yeeesss' to Answer the Phone?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Ridiculous wrote:
Here’s the quick background of this story. I have a 14 month old baby who I share custody of with his mother. We have our differences but for the most we get along. Although as far as I’m concerned she is a control freak with self esteem issues. Hence some of the reasons we are no longer a couple .Its not the best of relationships but it could be worse.
We’ll periodically check in with each other just to see how our son’s day was. So this morning she calls and we have our usually 3 minute conversation about how he slept the night before,how did he eat etc etc. She called back 20 minutes later and I answered

“Yeeesssss?” in very light ,half-jokingly manner

Her: Pardon me? in very stern pissed off manner

Me: Uh I said “yeeeesssss” . Do you have a problem with that.

Her : Paraphrasing Yes I have a problem .You have no manners squak squak squak

Me: Well I’ve done that a thousand other times and know a thousand other people that do the same thing and nobody else takes issue with it. So maybe it says more about you then anyone else. If thats the sort of thing that sets you off then you have issues.

Her: I don’t want to talk to you now.

Me : Fine .Have a nice day.

Does anyone else here occasionally answer the phone that way or am I out of my mind? I asked a couple of people at work and they all agreed with me. I’m not looking for everyone to agree with me but maybe shed some light on the situation.

Dude, that’s just average pissed-off-woman attitude. It NEVER means that the object being fought over actually matters. It is ALWAYS some issue that you aren’t even aware of that they are getting pissed off at because you aren’t reading their minds and psychically discovering that the whole reason she called was because you left your socks on the floor in the living room 5 years ago and she had to pick them up.[/quote]

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

DB

I do it all the time. It’s fun. People need to lighten up a bit.

I answer the phone like that all the time. Nobody has ever taken issue with it. Most of the time it gets a laugh.

I agree that it sounds like she’s just a pissed off person and was looking for something to be mad at you about.

Next time try the line Furious Styles did in the movie “Boyz n the Hood” when he answered the phone - “Who dis?”

See where that gets you

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
I do it all the time. It’s fun. People need to lighten up a bit.[/quote]

I agree, and folks need to stop thinking everyone else’s attitude is about them. If I am in a bad mood or a good mood, don’t be so vain as to think you are the cause.

I just don’t spend that much time thinking about other folks, … okay well sometimes

You should see how my brother answers the phone. If it rings, he’ll pick up. But he won’t say hello, instead, he’ll wait until the other person says something or he’ll just hang up.

[quote]Jetric9 wrote:
You should see how my brother answers the phone. If it rings, he’ll pick up. But he won’t say hello, instead, he’ll wait until the other person says something or he’ll just hang up. [/quote]

ooohhhhh mysterious, is he single?

if I give you my number will you have him call and not talk to me?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Jetric9 wrote:
You should see how my brother answers the phone. If it rings, he’ll pick up. But he won’t say hello, instead, he’ll wait until the other person says something or he’ll just hang up.

if I give you my number will you have him call and not talk to me?[/quote]

No OG, that’s not how it works, YOU have to call HIM to not be talked to.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
Jetric9 wrote:

No OG, that’s not how it works, YOU have to call HIM to not be talked to.[/quote]

Is that like, “if your phone isn’t ringing it’s me”?

Jetric9 wrote:

if I give you my number will you have him call and not talk to me?[/quote]

he’s not single.

i wonder if he called you and you picked up but didn’t answer. would it turn into a contest of who would hang up first without talking?

Vicomte wrote:

I agree, and folks need to stop thinking everyone else’s attitude is about them. If I am in a bad mood or a good mood, don’t be so vain as to think you are the cause.

I just don’t spend that much time thinking about other folks, … okay well sometimes[/quote]

I want to confess my love for you in front of all of T-Nation. I’m tired of having this crush.

[quote]Jetric9 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
Jetric9 wrote:

he’s not single.

i wonder if he called you and you picked up but didn’t answer. would it turn into a contest of who would hang up first without talking?[/quote]

Hey, this thread was supposed to be about how crazy women are. You two are fucking up what would otherwise be a potentially great thread.

Jetric9 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
Jetric9 wrote:

he’s not single.

i wonder if he called you and you picked up but didn’t answer. would it turn into a contest of who would hang up first without talking?

Hey, this thread was supposed to be about how crazy women are. You two are fucking up what would otherwise be a potentially great thread.[/quote]

To get this back on track, here’s a crazy women getting tazed by a cop!

Jetric9 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
Jetric9 wrote:

he’s not single.

Hey, this thread was supposed to be about how crazy women are. You two are fucking up what would otherwise be a potentially great thread.[/quote]

Women, are likes, crazy bitches./rerail

So sorry, I concede.

Women are crazy, and men are rational.

I’ll return to the kitchen now.

Back on track:

Not to long ago I went to a good friends birthday kegger. Only about 20 people, all who I know very well. Had to get a ride with one of my friends and meet my girlfriend there at a different time. I decided to wear this shirt of mine that had the california republic symbol with the bear. It is older, slightly frayed.

I walk into the living room where everyone is just chilling before the party got underway:

[ab_power walks in, wearing shirt]

me: hey guys
[walk over to gf to say hi]
gf: oh my god, why did you wear that shirt, what the hell were you thinking?!?!
me: uhhh, I don’t know, it’s a shirt
gf: blah blah blah, such an ugly shirt, blah blah blah you have no sense, blah blah blah
me: alrighty… walk away.

Meanwhile everyone else is quiet and looking on wide-eyed. My buddy said it looked like I was about to punch her out. Everyone came up to me that night asking me WTF was up with her and why I didn’t dump her ass on the spot.

Sigh

[quote]meangenes wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

I just don’t spend that much time thinking about other folks, … okay well sometimes

I want to confess my love for you in front of all of T-Nation. I’m tired of having this crush.[/quote]

you can call and not talk to me too!

but can you do the not talking in a Texas accent?

shes a bitch

[quote]Christine wrote:
So sorry, I concede.

I’ll return to the kitchen now.[/quote]

Christine… just think, at least no good ole boys are going to be in there. It is the safe zone.

Although I totally put out for guys who cook.

[quote]Christine wrote:
So sorry, I concede.

I’ll return to the kitchen now.[/quote]

See, you are not supposed to concede. You are supposed to start screaming loudly while calling every guy here an immature kid who never listens. Then, if things are really interesting, you are supposed to throw some household items around…or hell, do like Left Eye from TLC and burn down our houses by accident because you threw all of our clothes in the bathtub and set them on fire.