T Nation

Saying 'Good Morning' to People

Every day, everybody wishes each other a good morning. That’s the way it goes at work, at every job I’ve ever been at. Honestly though, it annoys the hell out of me. It’s like this bullshit I’m being polite because I have to shtick. Know what I hate? Saying good morning to people, all the time some 20+ times a day.

However, the biggest problem is when you don’t say good morning. Even though it’s just fake politeness, they get all offended when you just say nothing, as if it’s the end of the world.

Maybe I’m just bitter because I work with spoiled shitfaced 21 year olds, or maybe I’m still pissed because I got some bruised ribs. I still hate saying good morning, and that’s my rant.

Try saying piss off.

I just say “morning”

And I only say it because it is a fact.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
I just say “morning”

And I only say it because it is a fact.

[/quote]

Agreed.

Sounds like someone’s got a case of the Mondays!!!

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Sounds like someone’s got a case of the Mondays!!![/quote]

And on a tuesday no less!

You could start saying ‘hi!’

I hate the question “how’d you sleep?” from my gf … how the hell do you think I slept? You were right there next to me; if you really wanted to know how I slept you’d wake up in the middle of the night and take notes …

::Goes outside and rips the stop sign from the ground::

Good Morning Rattler.

How about “how are you”. Everybody asks it, nobody really cares. Even worse, I work at a clinic, so when it is asked, there is a long answer full of medical history. Really, just say ‘fine, thanks’ and move on.

Yea its annoying, but whats annoying is how people always ask ‘how you going?’ when they don’t even give a shit. This comes clear when they ask then keep talking and not even waiting for a response.

Good morning to you Rattler!

/I hate that shit too. Like others I just say ‘morning’ or nod my head.

Or take a lesson from Dr Cox on ‘Scrubs’ and let them really have it when they ask how you are.

the T is entirely too high in this thread.

Just do the ole’ smile and nodd, thats it.

And polo, what happens when u run out of stop signs? I pray there are no babies around to punch in the face.

Violate them with your ovaries

It’s just a greeting. Say “Hi” or something. There are worse things going on in the world than people greeting each other. People on this site bitch about the stupidest things.

You could always just fart in their general direction.

They’ll stop saying hello to you all together.

How do you know that when someone asks " how are you?" “how was your day?” or says " good morning" they don’t mean it?

To all the socially retarded people on here, meeh just forget it, grow up on your own.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
How do you know that when someone asks " how are you?" “how was your day?” or says " good morning" they don’t mean it?
[/quote]

Typically when you’re walking by each other in a hallway and they say ‘Good morning, how are you?’ yet keep walking, it’s a pretty good indicator that they don’t really give a shit.

Rattler, I think you’re at one end of the spectrum where everyone says it 5 million times a day. I fall at the other end. My company takes up several floors of a building, but there are often multiple groups/teams on a floor. Unless people are in your group or you have worked with them in the past, they usually just look down/away from you when they walk by.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
You could always just fart in their general direction.

They’ll stop saying hello to you all together.[/quote]

Monty Python FTW!?!?

What I hate, is when i’m walking past someone, we make eye contact, but when I say “hi”, or “how are you” I get NOTHING.

It’s just ignorant.

Just acknowledge these people. It’s not hard.