Say What You Gotta Say

Solid Build. Keep up the good work and lift safe…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Not bad at all man, congrats on actually bulking after having been fat and losing the weight.
Your BBing future already looks infinitely better than that of the “no bulking!” crowd.

I think your lats aren’t as weak as you believe, you simply don’t know how to bring them out well enough in the front and back spread.

Watch some Pro’s do it on video and/or pictures for a start (press hands against sides, different shoulder placement and scapular rotation, etc).

Your Lat spread attempts will look rather amusing, otherwise :wink:

I wouldn’t say that your traps are a weak point actually, I’d rather work on the delts as you look a little narrow from the front (might just be my odd monitor resolution, though, but your shoulder girdle reminds me of arnold’s stooped-shoulders look)
and maybe bring your arms (it’s impossible to have tris that are too big unless you inject funny substances into them :P) up in relation to the rest.

Well, just gain more mass all-over, really :wink:

Good luck for that show man, you’ll nail it, and remember to get your posing right!

[/quote]

Hey man, thanks for all the input. I can totally agree with you on everything you said. I absolutely SUCK at lat spread attempts as you can see in the above picture, haha! As for narrow shoulders, you really aren’t totally wrong in saying that. I haven’t actually done shoulders directly in about 3-4 months due to a shoulder problem I was having with my left shoulder. I think I tweaked it pretty good doing upright rows with the bar instead of cables. I actually plan on starting shoulders again next week. Trying to get my seated shoulder press to repping 225 to help boost my bench. I was at 205x5-8 before I started my cut back in February.

As for arms, I’m staying away from training for stregnth with my biceps. I’m going to train more for size on them with a lot of slow higher rep concentration work on them. My arms seem to respond pretty well like my chest does and they should gain size easily, I hope lol.

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
Great overall physique! My only comment is that you mention your legs as a strong point. With a bench that is now equal to your squat, I would have to disagree here. Your legs are formidable, your deadlift is pretty good. With those numbers I would expect a low/mid 300 squat to complement the other lifts. Your chest is excellent.

Not trying to get down on your dude, you definitely have accomplished much more than I have. Keep up the good work and please take my criticism as constructive (as this was my intent)![/quote]

Yeah I hear ya bud. When I said strong point I meant more look and size wise then strength wise lol. The thing is though, I seem to gain ALOT of weight in my legs when I start my bulk. No lie, my legs turn into tree trunks which in turn also makes it impossible for me to find jeans, haha. I always had big legs and I think it’s from being so big in my younger years and playing football. As for the strength part with my legs, it seems that as soon as I started doing cardio, even though it’s low intensity, my legs kick back into long distance run mode or something, from that year I was 165 and ran all the time, and just lose alot of strength. Hopefully with the re-introduction of carbs and calories I’m starting to slowly do they will start to gain some strength back and I’ll be back to repping out 315.

And don’t worry I take almost everything as constructive! Thanks for the input!

[quote]soonermark99 wrote:
Looks like you’ve got a good game plan. I haven’t been to this forum in a while, but I had to stop in and say good job!

You didn’t have to sacrifice much on the lifts to cut 22 lbs. Pretty impressive. You’re on you way to a 500 lbs DL in the next bulk.[/quote]

Thanks man! Yeah the only thing that I really sacrificed alot of strength in was my squat, but I can deal with that as long as my legs keep a decent amount of size. Let’s hope I hit that 500lb DL, I would ultimately love that 600lb bastard though! haha!

As a side note, I’m thinking of starting an actual log in the training log forum to help me stay involved with everything and keep track of everything. Maybe even get some good criticism on what I’m doing too. I’ll see if I can actually get myself to lay it out in the next week or two.

Definitely start a log dude. You are my height but you outweigh me by 45 lbs, I would definitely be interested to see your exercise selection and training routine. Plus your rating is relatively high so I think a number of people here would take interest to that.

Keep up the good work!

[quote]juanjromero wrote:
silly question:

The shape of his shoulder, it is genetic or the way he work it?[/quote]

I just noticed this question. What do you mean? Could you be a little more specific?

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
Definitely start a log dude. You are my height but you outweigh me by 45 lbs, I would definitely be interested to see your exercise selection and training routine. Plus your rating is relatively high so I think a number of people here would take interest to that.

Keep up the good work![/quote]

Yeah I’m thinking more and more it would be a good idea. I think it would be especially good for me, first so I keep close track of everything and second I’ll have open criticism which is always good. Also, random but I saw in your profile that you’re an RIT grad. Actually got accepted there out of HS but didn’t go. Actually transferring out this semester to Drexel University for Electrical Engineering. Awesome work getting your bachelors and being in the Marines. I say good work to you and congrats.

Nice job. It looks as if you have the potential to add a lot more mass to that frame. Good genetics to work with.

Drexel is a cool place for EE too. RIT has an excellent program (and the BEST GYM I have ever lifted in) but its a very dull place overall. Thanks for the kind words again, lift hard all through school and don’t let the homework kick your ass … you’ll do just fine.

Okay so I’ve decided I’m going to start a log in the Training Log Forum. I’ll post it later tonight so we shall see how that goes, lol.

You look good, but you need a tan! :smiley:

Okay, Log is up on Training Log forum.

lats+legs need work IMO, very impressive overall.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
lats+legs need work IMO, very impressive overall.[/quote]

Thanks, yea I definitely feel my lats need work. My legs I feel are somewhat on par except for maybe my strength levels but they are starting to go back up.

Great work man.

Your biceps and lats are the only two that seem to be lagging. Overall, you look pretty solid.

[quote]cheeta wrote:
good job![/quote]

Well thanks cheeta, I take that as a huge compliment coming from you ;)! lol

[quote]doosl wrote:
Great work man.

Your biceps and lats are the only two that seem to be lagging. Overall, you look pretty solid.[/quote]

Thanks bud. I totally agree but I guess since the two sort of compliment eachother it makes sense that they are both lagging lol.

Hey buddy, good to see some pics and see how well you did. Haven’t seen you around in a while, lookin’ good bro.

You look fantastic.

You should do a side by side comparison shot of you at your heaviest and now. That would be great!

Keep up the hard work!