Say NO to Tom Cruise

I’m in.

I’m in. I usually steer clear of movies with crazies like Cruise in them… lately he’s just gotten ridiculous. I’ve never really been keen on supporting certain Hollywood types who think it’s their job to represent the “common man” when they are nothing like an average American.(See Clooney’s Oscar acceptance speech?) It’s a crazy sense of self-bestowed entitlement that they have.

Thankfully, I think that in a few more years, the anti-Cruise boycott won’t even be necessary. His horrible (lack of) public relations will doom him with the American people.

Thank God for T-Nation and the “real men”! (and vixens, too) :slight_smile:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
lostinthought wrote:
Does this count for movies he already made? Vanilla Sky is in my top five favorites… Just asking.

It’s one of my favorites as well. The last Samurai wasn’t bad at all either.

War of The Worlds sucked not because of Tom Cruise but because of the way the screenplay was written. Something was missing.[/quote]

Yeah, something like “direction” HAHA! That is a great novel but a bad re-make. It relied wholly on special effects and that little fruit for appeal. Ever since he was the impetus for Comedy Central stopping the airing of their Scientology bashing episode, he moved up on my list as most wimpy male. The sensitive little prick. Fuck you if you can’t take a joke, but don’t impede my viewing pleasure, you ass! I wish he wasn’t in MI:3. It gets annoying when entertainers step away from their only purpose for existence and think we really give a damn what they think! [/rant]

Shit, I’ll boycott him just because I wish I was nailing Katie Holms.

Did anyone see the fake reporter squirt him in the face with a gag microphone during one of his movie premieres? His reaction was priceless…funny shit!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
lostinthought wrote:
Does this count for movies he already made? Vanilla Sky is in my top five favorites… Just asking.

War of The Worlds sucked not because of Tom Cruise but because of the way the screenplay was written. Something was missing.[/quote]

You mean something like a purpose to the story?

I actually don’t really like the idea of T-Nation having much political or social clout given what I’ve seen on the politics threads, so I’m not in.

-Dan

[quote]Robert Monti wrote:
TC wrote:
Robert Monti wrote:
I know he’s been doing nutty things for the past couple years but is this boycott stemming from he did recently?

The boy has gotten increasingly more annoying through the years and because of his perceived box office clout, he gets more and more movies and more and more publicity.

I didn’t mind him so much when he kept his mouth shut, but now the boy’s starting to pontificate on psychology, Scientology, marriage, fatherhood, child rearing, etc.

It wouldn’t be so bad if he didn’t take himself so seriously, but that’s not the case.

As such, wouldn’t you…like to help…someone like me…shut him the hell up?

TC, I’m a HUGE fan of yours but I’m sorry, I couldn’t care less about what he does or says off the screen.

Maybe that is key to victory. Apathy will kill anything.[/quote]

(Pssst…just between you and me, I’m just having a little fun here. I kinda’ realize that the movie studios wouldn’t give a rat’s ass about what I think of Tom Cruise. Don’t tell anybody)

I’m in. and I’ll raise ya a George Clooney and an Alec Baldwin.

[quote]TC wrote:
Robert Monti wrote:
TC wrote:
Robert Monti wrote:
I know he’s been doing nutty things for the past couple years but is this boycott stemming from he did recently?

The boy has gotten increasingly more annoying through the years and because of his perceived box office clout, he gets more and more movies and more and more publicity.

I didn’t mind him so much when he kept his mouth shut, but now the boy’s starting to pontificate on psychology, Scientology, marriage, fatherhood, child rearing, etc.

It wouldn’t be so bad if he didn’t take himself so seriously, but that’s not the case.

As such, wouldn’t you…like to help…someone like me…shut him the hell up?

TC, I’m a HUGE fan of yours but I’m sorry, I couldn’t care less about what he does or says off the screen.

Maybe that is key to victory. Apathy will kill anything.

(Pssst…just between you and me, I’m just having a little fun here. I kinda’ realize that the movie studios wouldn’t give a rat’s ass about what I think of Tom Cruise. Don’t tell anybody)
[/quote]

Hahahaha

TC has no clout in Hollywood? My world is shattered…

I’m in. And just a reminder, people: TOP GUN SUCKED!!!

I haven’t seen a lot of Tom Cruise movies, but I think I’m seeing a trend here (feel free to prove me wrong). In every “good” Cruise movie, there seems to be a better, stronger actor that makes the movie.

My example, and the only Cruise movie I like: A Few Good Men with Nicholson. I haven’t seen The Last Samurai, but it seems a lot of people agree that Ken Watanabe stole the movie. The Color of Money had Paul Newman. Hell, even Cuba Gooding Jr. and the “cute kid” outdid him in Jerry Maguire.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I doubt it.

[quote]SKman wrote:
Shit, I’ll boycott him just because I wish I was nailing Katie Holms.[/quote]

If Tom Cruise was straight he’d be nailing her too.

Fuck Tom Cruise.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
Professor X wrote:
lostinthought wrote:

War of The Worlds sucked not because of Tom Cruise but because of the way the screenplay was written. Something was missing.

You mean something like a purpose to the story?[/quote]

So THAT was it.

Hahahaha. Has anyone seen this? It’s the South Park episode that Tom Cruise was parodied in. It’s pretty funny.

But to be honest, I don’t mind him, I think he’s a good actor but like most, seems to take himself very seriously.

[quote]PCH wrote:
Did anyone see the fake reporter squirt him in the face with a gag microphone during one of his movie premieres? His reaction was priceless…funny shit![/quote]

Oh ya, good times… It actually beats a lot of his movies, and he wasn’t even trying.

[quote]SKman wrote:
Shit, I’ll boycott him just because I wish I was nailing Katie Holms.[/quote]

“hate, hate, hate, hate” - Buck Nasty

Sign me up too…

I’m with this…count me in.

MasterBlaster

I’m in - Tom Cruise has got to go.