T Nation

Say NO to Tom Cruise

i never form much of an opinion about people i dont really know

tom may be batshit crazy. but if he makes a decent movie, ill check it out

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Funny you should say this. I was just thinking the other day about how I never saw “War of the Worlds” simply because he was in it. I loved the original too.

How he’s changed is unbelievable. This is not the Top Gun Cruise that we once knew.

Its a shame, because he is a great actor. But I can’t stomach him anymore. [/quote]

My sentiments exactly!

Does this count for movies he already made? Vanilla Sky is in my top five favorites… Just asking.

Like Paper, Rock, Scissors…explosions, a decent plot and gratuitous nudity trump Tom Cruise.

[quote]marza wrote:
I’m in, too. *

While we’re at it, can we add Mel Gibson?

Just a thought.

Martha

*I do, of course, reserve the right to add Top Gun to my netflix queue every now and again, though. I mean, the volleyball scene . . . [/quote]

No we can’t. Mel Gibson is fucking awesome (Lethal Weapon, Braveheart, The Patriot). Tom Cruise is fucking nuts (Scientology).

I’m in on the Tom Cruise thing.

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
Does this count for movies he already made? Vanilla Sky is in my top five favorites… Just asking. [/quote]

It’s one of my favorites as well. The last Samurai wasn’t bad at all either.

War of The Worlds sucked not because of Tom Cruise but because of the way the screenplay was written. Something was missing.

Thi is easy for me.

I have not watched Baseball since the strike 15 years ago. Ner put 1 cent of money or time into it anymore…bunch of pussies.

Tom, Tim, Madonna …all those freaks I’ve already washed out of my life.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
lostinthought wrote:
Does this count for movies he already made? Vanilla Sky is in my top five favorites… Just asking.

War of The Worlds sucked not because of Tom Cruise but because of the way the screenplay was written. Something was missing.[/quote]

Agreed, Last Samurai and Vanilla Sky are 2 of my favorite movies that I own, and I can’t blame them for casting Tom Cruise in there, because he did at least do a good job acting in them.

However, as a side note, I feel Ken Watanabe stole the show in Samurai.

Anyway, I admit I have enjoyed some movies that contain Tom Cruise just because they’re plain-out good movies, but he’s still a jackass.

Then again, so is Russel Crowe, and he’s been in some good ones.

I am in. I am tired of all the high profile activist out there screwing up a good thing.

Tc-
You had me at hello…-Jules

I’ll gladly add Tom to my boycott list. The more political Hollywood gets, the more people I boycott.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
lostinthought wrote:

War of The Worlds sucked not because of Tom Cruise but because of the way the screenplay was written. Something was missing.[/quote]

I’ve thought the same about Jacko. If he made music in his pre-molestation days can I still listen to it?..not that I do but…

I’m in.

I know he’s been doing nutty things for the past couple years but is this boycott stemming from he did recently?

magnolia and rain man are my favorite cruise movies

Risky business is up there too

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:

However, as a side note, I feel Ken Watanabe stole the show in Samurai.

[/quote]
I agree 100%. Watanabe exuded a calm confidence without arrogance and honor above all.

I hate cruise also. And even if there is some great T&A in one of his movies, I’m sure it won’t be too long before clips are availble for your viewing pleasure without putting a dime in that douchebags pocket

As far as Mel Gibson goes, I can’t wait for that mayan/inca looking movie to come out.

[quote]Robert Monti wrote:
I know he’s been doing nutty things for the past couple years but is this boycott stemming from he did recently?[/quote]

The boy has gotten increasingly more annoying through the years and because of his perceived box office clout, he gets more and more movies and more and more publicity.

I didn’t mind him so much when he kept his mouth shut, but now the boy’s starting to pontificate on psychology, Scientology, marriage, fatherhood, child rearing, etc.

It wouldn’t be so bad if he didn’t take himself so seriously, but that’s not the case.

As such, wouldn’t you…like to help…someone like me…shut him the hell up?

[quote]TC wrote:
Robert Monti wrote:
I know he’s been doing nutty things for the past couple years but is this boycott stemming from he did recently?

The boy has gotten increasingly more annoying through the years and because of his perceived box office clout, he gets more and more movies and more and more publicity.

I didn’t mind him so much when he kept his mouth shut, but now the boy’s starting to pontificate on psychology, Scientology, marriage, fatherhood, child rearing, etc.

It wouldn’t be so bad if he didn’t take himself so seriously, but that’s not the case.

[/quote]

TC, I’m a HUGE fan of yours but I’m sorry, I couldn’t care less about what he does or says off the screen.

Maybe that is key to victory. Apathy will kill anything.

[quote]TC wrote:
Robert Monti wrote:

[/quote]

TC, no i wouldnt. the more people that say idiotic things, the funnier your articles get