Saw the Endo Today...Not Good!!

Hello everyone,
Saw my Endo. this morning. A little background (some may remember this), I started on Androgel 5g/day back at the end on November after my Test levels came back as 277 total test
& 8.6 free. After 2 weeks on Androgel, my GP re-tested and my levels dropped to 158 total & 4.8 free. My GP and I agreed to start Test Cyp injections at 100mg/week, but he was reluctant to prescribe hCG (despite me giving him Dr. John Crisler’s papers) and, instead, sent me to an Endo.

The Endo (who was in his late-50’s)today sat down and said, “why are you on test replacement, your levels are fine?” After explaining to the doc that my levels were not fine and my symptoms of fatigue, ED, lack of libido, and brain fog (I normally have a near-photographic memory), would also fit this category of low test. He stated that I gave up on Androgel too early (I again disagreed…just look at the labs…it wasn’t being absorbed!!!) and that I should stop my injections for the next 6 weeks, so that he could run a “workup”.

He wants to check FSH, LH levels, IGF-1, Cortisol, and a host of others. I mentioned an Estradiol check and he said “why?”, but finally agreed. I think he knew I was ready to blow. He also saw my notes to ask about an anti-E and he said “Why would you ever need an anti-E”? Aggggghhh!! We are going on a family vacation in 6 weeks, so I do not want to be feeling like sh%$ while on vacation. I agreed to go off of injections for 4 weeks, then run the tests he wants to run. He said that any tests performed while on TRT are not valuable (that isn’t true, is it?).

I am beyond frustrated. I know many others have gone through this, but it is discouraging. I was starting to feel better, but still had some ED stuff and have recently been having some testicular soreness (probably from them atrophying…hence why I asked about hCG and the Estradiol check)). Does this make sense to go off of the test and see where I’m at in 4 weeks?

He also said that hCG should only be used in cases of infertility. What the fu%^!! I handed him Dr. Crisler’s papers and requested that he read them, so that we are on the same page. I will get the labs done, but I think I need to look for a new Endo. Please share your thoughts on this. I’m beating the hell out of my keyboard so I’m probably leaving stuff out, but I’ll clarify anything that I may have left confusing.

Is there anyone who knows of any good docs in the Minneapolis area that shares Dr. Crisler’s philosophies? I doubt this guy will ever give me hCG or treat me the “cutting-edge” way. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mike

And, KSMan, I’m jealous because you’ve got a doc with his sh^% together!!!

Thats the thing. He is like most doctors are today. He is completely behind the times. Im more educated in HRT than this guy is, and Im not a doctor. Anyone can learn more than a so called qualified expert in a reasonable amount of time. Ok rant over

Okay this is what you might want to do. I know of Dr Crisler. He only insists on a initial visit. After that, he will be happy to work with you threw your primary care physician. Meaning, as long as your doc ok’s things, Dr Crisler will basically tell him what to do. So you and Prince can sit pretty in Minneapolis and do you thing, and have no worries about driving to lansing michigan.

You go see Dr Crisler once. Thats it. Make the drive. After that, everything is done online. Good advise? You bet :wink:

Good Luck!

[quote]mikandrea wrote:
Hello everyone,
Saw my Endo. this morning. A little background (some may remember this), I started on Androgel 5g/day back at the end on November after my Test levels came back as 277 total test
& 8.6 free. After 2 weeks on Androgel, my GP re-tested and my levels dropped to 158 total & 4.8 free. My GP and I agreed to start Test Cyp injections at 100mg/week, but he was reluctant to prescribe hCG (despite me giving him Dr. John Crisler’s papers) and, instead, sent me to an Endo.

The Endo (who was in his late-50’s)today sat down and said, “why are you on test replacement, your levels are fine?” After explaining to the doc that my levels were not fine and my symptoms of fatigue, ED, lack of libido, and brain fog (I normally have a near-photographic memory), would also fit this category of low test. He stated that I gave up on Androgel too early (I again disagreed…just look at the labs…it wasn’t being absorbed!!!) and that I should stop my injections for the next 6 weeks, so that he could run a “workup”.

He wants to check FSH, LH levels, IGF-1, Cortisol, and a host of others. I mentioned an Estradiol check and he said “why?”, but finally agreed. I think he knew I was ready to blow. He also saw my notes to ask about an anti-E and he said “Why would you ever need an anti-E”? Aggggghhh!! We are going on a family vacation in 6 weeks, so I do not want to be feeling like sh%$ while on vacation. I agreed to go off of injections for 4 weeks, then run the tests he wants to run. He said that any tests performed while on TRT are not valuable (that isn’t true, is it?).

I am beyond frustrated. I know many others have gone through this, but it is discouraging. I was starting to feel better, but still had some ED stuff and have recently been having some testicular soreness (probably from them atrophying…hence why I asked about hCG and the Estradiol check)). Does this make sense to go off of the test and see where I’m at in 4 weeks?

He also said that hCG should only be used in cases of infertility. What the fu%^!! I handed him Dr. Crisler’s papers and requested that he read them, so that we are on the same page. I will get the labs done, but I think I need to look for a new Endo. Please share your thoughts on this. I’m beating the hell out of my keyboard so I’m probably leaving stuff out, but I’ll clarify anything that I may have left confusing.

Is there anyone who knows of any good docs in the Minneapolis area that shares Dr. Crisler’s philosophies? I doubt this guy will ever give me hCG or treat me the “cutting-edge” way. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mike

And, KSMan, I’m jealous because you’ve got a doc with his sh^% together!!!
[/quote]

Twin Cities Men’s Center
3249 Hennepin Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 612-822-5892
Website

Institute for Men’s Health and Well-Being
2000 Aldrich Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 612-588-8984

I suggest that you find someone else. It might not be worth your time turning that doc around.

Get a hit list to read to prospects or fax to them. Explain that you have had some frustrating experiences.

Seeking TRT to achieve high normal range total testosterone levels.

Treat your symptoms, not your lab ranges.

Open to: Preserving your testes with HCG, 250iu EOD SQ. (Have the research article ready if needed.)

Open to: Controlling E2 levels to alleviate symptoms, even if in normal reference range.

Wanting to self inject.

Need hard copies of all lab work.

You could ask some pharmacies for references. They should be aware of who is writing the stuff that you need.

KSMan,
I don’t think either one of those has anything of interest. I looked through and they are merely support groups. T-Nick, I think that’s what I may do…but, I’ll have to see if my primary is cool with it.

Mike

If you have a valid script from your Dr. then you can order your own from overseas without the fear of it being seized. Just food for thought.

Any of the numerous longevity clinics can help you with this. You’ll need bloodwork and a family history as well as an office visit by a local doc.

You shouldn’t have a problem ordering Test Cyp and HCG with your symptoms.

It can be difficult finding a doctor this is up on the concept of male TRT and associated issues.

Doing that first is your best bet. If some doctors is learning the ropes on you, you’ll suffer while he figures out how things actually do work.

Go to somebody who has already gone through that stage…

Self medicate. You know what’s going on with your body, and as someone else pointed out you now have a prescription. Get your own test and do it right. 100-200mg every week. Get your bood work checked every 6 months or so. Sorry to jump in on the over 35, but saw this and could not pass up. Good luck.

Monopoly

Mike,
Check your mail. Got the lowdown on Crisler.