T Nation

Saw Palmetto, Alpha Male & REZ-V?

I just purchased from Alpha Male and REZ-V. I’m thinking about also including Saw Palmetto.

There is some definite indication that Saw Palmetto inhibits T -> DHT (which is not anabolic) conversion. But some articles, and information is sketchy, indicated that saw palmetto blocks androgen receptors to some extent as well, and acts as a phytoestrogen. If that is the case, it seems like this would not be so useful =/

Anybody have any better information?

Sorry I cant answer your first question… but, how old are you? How long have you been training?

I ask only because your profile says you weigh 151 at 5’7, which gives you plenty of room to grow without any supplementation.

Note: this isnt an attack, just a question.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Sorry I cant answer your first question… but, how old are you? How long have you been training?

I ask only because your profile says you weigh 151 at 5’7, which gives you plenty of room to grow without any supplementation.

Note: this isnt an attack, just a question.[/quote]

I’m 22. I’ve been training on and off for about a year without much results until recently when I started eating as much as I could. ( I was 122 pounds when I started.)

I, also, tried a little bit in high school with no results (never could gain any weight… probably because of my poor eating habits.)

You’re right, I probably don’t need to take anything. But any kind of edge would be helpful. I don’t think I can afford to do this more than this month. So it’s kind of an experiment.

[quote]nargoth16 wrote:
I’m 22. I’ve been training on and off for about a year without much results until recently when I started eating as much as I could. ( I was 122 pounds when I started.)

I, also, tried a little bit in high school with no results (never could gain any weight… probably because of my poor eating habits.)

You’re right, I probably don’t need to take anything. But any kind of edge would be helpful. I don’t think I can afford to do this more than this month. So it’s kind of an experiment.[/quote]

Fair enough. If you’ve made that much progress, good job, and keep gaining.

What other suppliments are you taking? Are you using protein powder, fish oil, Surge, creatine ect?

If you say you cant afford to keep taking this, I think your money would be better spent on the basics such as those listed above.

Also, you mentioned poor eating habits in HS and now you’re gaining while eating all you can… keep a food log. Its comments like the one you just made that makes me wonder how much you’re actually eating. Obviously, you’re eating enough to be gaining, but realize now that you’re 30lbs heavier, you’re going to have to eat more to gain. Another 20lbs down the road, even more, and so on and so forth. Keep the food log, it’ll make you more aware of what you’re getting in. It’s extremely helpful.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
nargoth16 wrote:
I’m 22. I’ve been training on and off for about a year without much results until recently when I started eating as much as I could. ( I was 122 pounds when I started.)

I, also, tried a little bit in high school with no results (never could gain any weight… probably because of my poor eating habits.)

You’re right, I probably don’t need to take anything. But any kind of edge would be helpful. I don’t think I can afford to do this more than this month. So it’s kind of an experiment.

Fair enough. If you’ve made that much progress, good job, and keep gaining.

What other suppliments are you taking? Are you using protein powder, fish oil, Surge, creatine ect?

If you say you cant afford to keep taking this, I think your money would be better spent on the basics such as those listed above.

Also, you mentioned poor eating habits in HS and now you’re gaining while eating all you can… keep a food log. Its comments like the one you just made that makes me wonder how much you’re actually eating. Obviously, you’re eating enough to be gaining, but realize now that you’re 30lbs heavier, you’re going to have to eat more to gain. Another 20lbs down the road, even more, and so on and so forth. Keep the food log, it’ll make you more aware of what you’re getting in. It’s extremely helpful. [/quote]

I’ve been using CytoGainer before and after workouts. I eat a Banana and a scoop of whey and 5g Creatine in between meals. I try to get 20g/ Creatine per day.

I take about 5g of CLA a day, I recently added a minute amount of fish oil and I take about 2000mg of Vitamin C and about 2000 IU of vitamin E a day.

I also was taking a Magnesium and Zinc supplement. When I exercise, I suffer from bad calf cramps at night if I do not. I read that they are caused by a deficiency in either: Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium or Sodium. And Magnesium was the only thing I couldn’t find in any of the foods I eat so I started taking that. Haven’t had cramps since.

Oh and a off brand clone of MegaMan multivitamin

I made this purchase from here though today:
(I plan to eat some bananas with the Metabolic Drive Complete, as it doesn’t have enough carbs for gaining)

1 Alpha Male Maximum-Strength T Booster, 74 tablets
2 Flameout™ Inflammation Scavenger, 90 softgels
2 Metabolic Drive COMPLETE, 15 servings Flavor: Chocolate
1 REZ-V™ Anti-Estrogen / Testosterone-Support, 72 tablets
1 Spike® Extreme Energy for Body and Mind, 16 tablets
1 Metabolic Drive Surge Recovery Drink, 16 servings Flavor: Original
1 Metabolic Drive Surge Recovery Drink, 16 servings Flavor: Raspberry

I realize my supplementation seems a bit excessive… I admit I am an addict :slight_smile: However, I can provide references for why I am taking each thing and dosages though if you want. I certainly am fallible if you thing something in particular should be removed or adjusted or added. I’m very much interested in nutrition and biophysics. I’m a UGrad in physics right now and I want to study biophysics for my masters degree.

[quote]nargoth16 wrote:
I realize my supplementation seems a bit excessive… I admit I am an addict :slight_smile: However, I can provide references for why I am taking each thing and dosages though if you want. I certainly am fallible if you thing something in particular should be removed or adjusted or added. I’m very much interested in nutrition and biophysics. I’m a UGrad in physics right now and I want to study biophysics for my masters degree.[/quote]

No, its not that excessive. I was just making sure you were getting the basics in. I think CT said “taking a ‘specialized’ supplement is like buying a ferrari with no wheels if you’re not getting in your basics.” Or, something like that.