Saving Money?

What have you done or cut out because of the economic situation?

Zilch…I just got a raise though.

I’ve taken advantage of everyone’s pessimism and purchased blue chip stock at a fraction of its worth. Boring but extremely reliable stocks like Coke, Kraft, Procter and Gamble and 3M are on sale right now at insane discounts.

Other than that, freed up some cash as an emergency fund in case of job loss.

I’m with you PB, I bought more beer wine and spirits stock.The market always swings back, if it doesn’t cash will be worthless anyway, so buy while it’s low.

No more-

music cds
mp3s
going out to eat (not even fast food)
going to the movies
cut back going to bars, clubs to once a month

considering cutting back to basic cable

Like a lot of people, I am actually better off at the moment. Gas has dropped in price. My mortgage has dropped, as interest rates have dived. And my salary is unchanged. I actually have a few more dollars each week.

So all is good… as long as I don’t lose my job!

I started stealing money

I got a second job following fat people around with a tuba.

I started having sex with all of your mothers to cut out money spent on hookers.

[quote]sfajohn wrote:
I started having sex with all of your mothers to cut out money spent on hookers.[/quote]

That’s actually pretty weak. You can do better.

I have a nine-month-old and one on the way in Sept. I’m cutting back but not because of the downturn. Kids are pricey.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Like a lot of people, I am actually better off at the moment. Gas has dropped in price. My mortgage has dropped, as interest rates have dived. And my salary is unchanged. I actually have a few more dollars each week.

So all is good… as long as I don’t lose my job! [/quote]

Yea I don’t get it. Prices are dropping, I don’t know of pay rates going down so unless you lose your job or have less hours I don’t see why people are poorer. Hell, the shops are still packed every weekend so I don’t know what the crying is all about.

Granted it is a different situation then in America I’m sure but still. I haven’t worked for the last 6 months by choice. I have no degrees or any of that shit. I applied for one job yesterday(the first since I stopped working) and got a call today, have an interview tomorrow and I know I will get this job that pays $25/hour.

Sold an extra car I really didn’t need, and don’t eat out as much.

well i can’t really find a decent job so im working for 11 an hour which sucks. But outside that all im trying to do is get out of debt in the event i lose my job I’m not dying.

Ironically, since the economic downturn, I’ve gotten extremely busy.
In fact, we’re in a sort of cash surplus right now and are enjoying some spending… which is unusual for me, as well as putting around $10,000 in savings.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
I got a second job following fat people around with a tuba.[/quote]

I have a glandular problem.

Im’ doing pretty well. Still got a job, reviews are coming up and I should get a little somthing something as well as taxes coming back.

About 8mo ago I cut back on my food (stopped buy expesive stuff), cut my cell plan back to bare bones, got netflix instead of renting 2-3movies a week for $6-8.

Can’t afford to bulk up at the min. :-[

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
I got a second job following fat people around with a tuba.[/quote]

Now that’s funny.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
deanosumo wrote:

So all is good… as long as I don’t lose my job!

Yea I don’t get it. Prices are dropping, I don’t know of pay rates going down so unless you lose your job or have less hours I don’t see why people are poorer. Hell, the shops are still packed every weekend so I don’t know what the crying is all about.

Granted it is a different situation then in America I’m sure but still. I haven’t worked for the last 6 months by choice. I have no degrees or any of that shit. I applied for one job yesterday(the first since I stopped working) and got a call today, have an interview tomorrow and I know I will get this job that pays $25/hour.[/quote]

Wow, it IS different in America! What field are you in?

[quote]painkiller wrote:
What have you done or cut out because of the economic situation? [/quote]

I canceled my wife’s allowance.