Save Our Marine!

[quote]mejho wrote:
Your [sic] funny! IT is hilarious that you are from Canada. I do not believe you have any soldiers in harms way. Do you?[/quote]

Yes they do.

[quote]mejho wrote:
Why is it that we should be so concerned with how we are viewed?[/quote]

Those who attacked us on Sept. 11 had a very unfavorable view of us. You can’t put two and two together?

[quote]mejho wrote:
We usually come to their aid. We saved most of europe, twice. We have bailed out france from problems many times. Are you french canadian? We lost a great deal of lives on d-day. I do not think there were any french men to be found that day?[/quote]

With regard to WWII, we took our sweet time until we were attacked. And we wouldn’t be here as we are today without the French support during the revolutionary war.

[quote]mejho wrote:
They attacked us on Sept. 11th. Killing thousands of civilians or shale [sic] we say non combatants.[/quote]

Iraq didn’t attack us. Saddam Hussein didn’t attack us. Osama Bin Laden attacked us, and we’re letting him roam free.

skrying wrote:

“With regard to WWII, we took our sweet time until we were attacked. And we wouldn’t be here as we are today without the French support during the revolutionary war.”

Please read about Lend-Lease. Read what Churchill said about the U-Boat threat. Read about the destroyers the United States gave to England.

“Iraq didn’t attack us. Saddam Hussein didn’t attack us.”

Really? Recall daily firings on our planes?

“Osama Bin Laden attacked us, and we’re letting him roam free.”

“Letting him road free.”

I’d say he isn’t free at all.

Please look up the Pashtun tribes in Afghanistan/Pakistan. Read about their code of nanaweteh.

Good luck with your research!!!

JeffR

[quote]makkun wrote:
Didn’t do that. I believe - and strongly hope - that this was an isolated incident (leaving the Abu Ghuraib and Guantanomo Bay discussion rest for a minute). If you check my posts earlier in this thread, you will see that I criticised mainly the mentality here in this thread that the military should not be scrutinised thoroughly. The moment we run around with that mentality, “we” are not really different from “them” anymore.

Makkun[/quote]

My bad. Sorry.

JeffR, you have to look at what I wrote in the context of what I was replying to.

mejho was talking about how we saved Europe (in WWII), and I was merely trying to state that we didn’t “save Europe” until we were attacked ourselves.

I know about the daily firings on our planes, but my comment about Iraq not attacking us was with regard to 9/11. mejho was saying something to the effect of 9/11 happened → we are at war → we’re gonna be killing people & doing stuff (like this soldier did). I was trying to point out Iraq was not involved in 9/11 so we can’t use that as justification for our actions over there. Those who attacked us are not who we are fighting over there.

rainjack,

[quote]rainjack wrote:
makkun wrote:
Didn’t do that. I believe - and strongly hope - that this was an isolated incident (leaving the Abu Ghuraib and Guantanomo Bay discussion rest for a minute). If you check my posts earlier in this thread, you will see that I criticised mainly the mentality here in this thread that the military should not be scrutinised thoroughly. The moment we run around with that mentality, “we” are not really different from “them” anymore.

Makkun

My bad. Sorry.

[/quote]

No problem. :slight_smile:

Makkun