Save NPR

Someone explain to me why the firing of Juan Williams did not lead to accusations of racism, yet anyone who is White and disagrees with Obama is a racist tea-bagging white devil cracker ?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Regardless, the funding should not be cut. While some shows are political, others are not, and everyone suffers if this is gone.[/quote]

Why? Because you say so?

My life is not lacking without NPR. I’m certainly not suffering. I don’t know anyone who would suffer from not having NPR.

Maybe if those most likely to suffer would start cutting some checks and sending in cashish-- you know, support with THEIR dollars and not mine, there would be much less ‘suffering’.[/quote]

But as long as it’s not their money, libs LOVE to tell people how to spend it.

Spend their own though? Ridiculous!

You know how expensive the trendiest new vehicles are? Or those intellectual glasses?

It costs a lot of money to buy your way up the superficially socially aware ladder! You can’t just have a cause and just go blowing a bunch of hard earned money on it and expect any respect or cred at the local spoken word platform/coffee house. And don’t get me started on the cost of a “loft” in the cool parts of town.

It just doesn’t work like that.

I’m not going to get into the politics of it.[/quote]

No, but you’ll link to “MoveOn PAC”. And quote how Republicans have made one of the worst proposals… etc.

And ask to sign a political petition…

But, you’re not going to ‘get into the politics of it’.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

I’m not going to get into the politics of it.[/quote]

No, but you’ll link to “MoveOn PAC”. And quote how Republicans have made one of the worst proposals… etc.

And ask to sign a political petition…

But, you’re not going to ‘get into the politics of it’.

[/quote]

Meaning that I’m not going to sit here and argue about it. I rarely bother in the politics forum either. I’m just putting it out there, and I’m letting you guys bring attention to it. It’s working.

With Republicans back in charge of the House of Representatives, funding for NPR and PBS is in grave danger. Again.

The Republicans just released their budget proposal, and it zeroes out funding for both NPR and PBS–the worst proposal in more than a decade.

We need to tell Republicans that cutting off funding was unacceptable last time they were in charge, and it’s unacceptable now.

A compiled petition with your individual comment will be presented to your Senators and Representative.

http://pol.moveon.org/nprpbs/?rc=mailto.fb.share.taf.alt.fb.share.taf.alt[/quote]

haha, somehow I could’ve guessed that T-Nation would be the wrong place to post this.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
NPR is too Left to give them gov’t funding with a good conciseness. Half the country disagrees with what they report, yet they have to pay for it? If the shoe were on the other foot, I think you’d have a big problem with it. [/quote]

x2 on the political/economic commentary making it inappropriate for government funding.
I really like Car Talk and Science Friday.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Someone explain to me why the firing of Juan Williams did not lead to accusations of racism, yet anyone who is White and disagrees with Obama is a racist tea-bagging white devil cracker ?[/quote]

Rules for Radicals. Read it.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Someone explain to me why the firing of Juan Williams did not lead to accusations of racism, yet anyone who is White and disagrees with Obama is a racist tea-bagging white devil cracker ?[/quote]

Rules for Radicals. Read it.[/quote]

Diarrhea for the eyes?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Rules for Radicals. Read it.[/quote]

Diarrhea for the eyes?
[/quote]

No, it’s actually quite an interesting read (besides some of the leanings in the book), but it’s basically the rule book that Obama, Hillary, &c. have been following. As well as radicals around the world.

I’ve read and it’s definitely useful to counter-act and in some cases use.

[quote]Muskulls wrote:

With Republicans back in charge of the House of Representatives, funding for NPR and PBS is in grave danger. Again.

The Republicans just released their budget proposal, and it zeroes out funding for both NPR and PBS–the worst proposal in more than a decade.

We need to tell Republicans that cutting off funding was unacceptable last time they were in charge, and it’s unacceptable now.

A compiled petition with your individual comment will be presented to your Senators and Representative.

http://pol.moveon.org/nprpbs/?rc=mailto.fb.share.taf.alt.fb.share.taf.alt[/quote]

haha, somehow I could’ve guessed that T-Nation would be the wrong place to post this.
[/quote]

Well I knew that the Hitler youth would jump all over it as soon as it was posted, but there are a lot of people that read these forums and don’t post, so I figure there are plenty of people reading this that care enough to sign that petition.

Again, I could give a fuck what these guys think, I’m just putting it out there.

[quote]Muskulls wrote:

[/quote]

Well I knew that the Hitler youth would jump all over it as soon as it was posted, but there are a lot of people that read these forums and don’t post, so I figure there are plenty of people reading this that care enough to sign that petition.

Again, I could give a fuck what these guys think, I’m just putting it out there.[/quote]

Yes. Yes, we know the Marx-Lenin KGB people just love themselves some NPR.

If they were not such a lefty station they wouldn’t need to be saved. Does anyone here really think that they are fair? And if they were fair why would the republicans be aiming to cut their funding? Let’s face it if they’re going to get government dollars they should play it straight down the middle and no one can claim with a straight face that’s what they’re doing. Democrats want to save it for the same reason republicans want to kill it. Pretty freakin obvious.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Regardless, the funding should not be cut. While some shows are political, others are not, and everyone suffers if this is gone.[/quote]

Why? Because you say so?

My life is not lacking without NPR. I’m certainly not suffering. I don’t know anyone who would suffer from not having NPR.

Maybe if those most likely to suffer would start cutting some checks and sending in cashish-- you know, support with THEIR dollars and not mine, there would be much less ‘suffering’.[/quote]

But as long as it’s not their money, libs LOVE to tell people how to spend it.

Spend their own though? Ridiculous!

You know how expensive the trendiest new vehicles are? Or those intellectual glasses?

It costs a lot of money to buy your way up the superficially socially aware ladder! You can’t just have a cause and just go blowing a bunch of hard earned money on it and expect any respect or cred at the local spoken word platform/coffee house. And don’t get me started on the cost of a “loft” in the cool parts of town.

It just doesn’t work like that.

[/quote]

lmfao…you say the darnedest things…

Why should they get taxpayer money ? Why taxpayer money?

Again, rinse repeat . Let’s use liberal logic like they would with the second amendment . Let’s see , should anything but the unamplified human voice have any first amendment protection .

Oh, I’m sorry we’re talking about taxpayer funding ! Hahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahaha!!!

I really don’t pay attention to NPR, but an announcement like this is more likely to remind me to call my representative for defunding. Raising an issue is not always the best thing .

[quote]tom63 wrote:
I really don’t pay attention to NPR, but an announcement like this is more likely to remind me to call my representative for defunding. Raising an issue is not always the best thing .[/quote]

They got 90,000 signatures yesterday. I’m willing to trade your waste of a phone call to some house rep’s secretary for a few more.

predictable mockery is predictable.

Find me a more balanced news source that does high-quality investigative journalism.

Find me a more balanced news source that also serves so many important functions.

[quote]Dexter Falcon wrote:

NPR is too Left to give them gov’t funding with a good conciseness. Half the country disagrees with what they report, yet they have to pay for it? If the shoe were on the other foot, I think you’d have a big problem with it. [/quote]

x2 on the political/economic commentary making it inappropriate for government funding.
I really like Car Talk and Science Friday.[/quote]

Car Talk is the best show on the radio. Period.

As for NPR, I love it, and think that if even half the nation listened and became educated on current events, we’d be in a much better place. To each his own though.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Dexter Falcon wrote:

I really like Car Talk and Science Friday.[/quote]

Car Talk is the best show on the radio. Period.

As for NPR, I love it, and think that if even half the nation listened and became educated on current events, we’d be in a much better place. To each his own though.[/quote]

If half the nation wanted such programming bad enough that they would actually pay a minuscule amount of money each month it would already exist without state funding.