Save Me Big Brother...

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
They put 3 GE plants out of business in my town cause it’s cheaper to make and sell these light bulbs from China.[/quote]

Thats ok because we have so many jobs here that we need illegal aliens to do all those excess jobs Americans won’t do. (Or are paid not to do.)

What do you guys stand on this?

FBI planning world’s largest biometric database

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
As far as it goes, this is far less intrusive on your life than mandatory seatbelt laws. Not that I am for this, but essentially this is just going to make it so you can’t buy these types of bulbs anymore. Kind of like how you can’t buy leaded gasoline anymore.

On the scale of things that get me fired up, RICO property seizures and the IRS holding people guilty until proven innocent are on one side, and leaded gasoline and incandescent light bulb bans are on the other.[/quote]

Well said. But I wouldn’t equate leaded gasoline with the bulb ban. My understanding is that leaded gas produced higher levels of pollution, especially mercury, so I am no longer able to choose leaded gasoline because that choice would be harmful to my neighbors. But if I choose incandescent bulbs, that’s not harming anyone. I may have to pay more in energy costs, but that’s my choice. But yeah, better things to get pissed off about.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
As far as it goes, this is far less intrusive on your life than mandatory seatbelt laws. Not that I am for this, but essentially this is just going to make it so you can’t buy these types of bulbs anymore. Kind of like how you can’t buy leaded gasoline anymore.

On the scale of things that get me fired up, RICO property seizures and the IRS holding people guilty until proven innocent are on one side, and leaded gasoline and incandescent light bulb bans are on the other.[/quote]

Well said. But I wouldn’t equate leaded gasoline with the bulb ban. My understanding is that leaded gas produced higher levels of pollution, especially mercury, so I am no longer able to choose leaded gasoline because that choice would be harmful to my neighbors. But if I choose incandescent bulbs, that’s not harming anyone. I may have to pay more in energy costs, but that’s my choice. But yeah, better things to get pissed off about.