T Nation

SAVE ANDRO AND EPHEDRA

A fantastic website at www.usfa.biz was created by the non-profit United Supplement Freedom Association in an effort to defeat all current and future legislation that is drafted to ban all of our favorite dietary supplements. Everyone should visit this website right now and contact your members of Congress.

I joined it and am in the process of spreading the word on this site.
I read some of the form letters(too soft) and think that Bill Roberts may be right that MONEY going to terroists due to the fact that we will be forced to opt for illegal drugs to reach our goals is a nice hard argument.(Prohormone de-Legalization thread)
They don?t care what we think are our Rights. We are in the year 2003 and members of congress want to take a Giant step BACK with very strict “dictatorship politics” that I just cannot accept.
Can you just imagine officers searching 60 year old people for DHEA and people having their possessions taken away because they possess pro-hormones etc. Real-life science fiction.
These men have got to be discredited. They are not saving teens, they are creating an ugly smelly mess.
Please write your letters and fight.

I am glad that supplement industry is finally doing something about this stuff. Another good site for looking up email info for your state’s congress members is www.berkshire.net/~ifas/activist/index1.html

Hey Kip,

You notice Rick Collins is the General Counsel. Nice to see some traction on this!

Hi Colin, Yes, I was surprised and relieved to see Rick Collins there too.
Looking around the net you will see that people seeking health have been onto this much longer than we have. There is a serious problem all over the world.
Check drumlib.com links,posts
CODEX-Harmonization of food laws
LP.org
Citizensvoice.org (Canada)
www.iahf.com Mr. Hammell,Null
Bill Sardi Health Journalist
I saw very quickly how Tribex 500,Methoxy-7, were removed from the shelves here in Spain due to the pressure from the Pharmaceutical Industry.
I sent a few e-mails to these people in my attempt to fight H.R. 5564 as well as sending the forms by usfa.biz.
Wow! What “THEY” do to try to control us, and what we eat, vitamins, FOOD.
The andro fight is just a small part of what is going on.

Personally I say good riddance. Both of those supplements suck and there are better ones out there.

please go to the above site, it makes it easy for everyone. All you need to do is go to a given template, enter your info and it will automatically find the people you should send or fax to. We need to fight for our rights. laters pk

it’s not only about DHEA it’s about all prohormones and DHEA would fall into that category, Sorry But I got to call you an ignorant fool!!! laters pk

Tom Osborne-former coach of the Nebraska Corn Huskers is one of the congressmen behind this bill. I gave his office a call this last week. I left a message. I told his assistent that he was grossly misinformed about these supplements. Many people who cannot afford homonal therapy depend on these supplements and find great relief in them.Send Tom a message.He’s very good about responding to peoples concerned. If your from Nebraska let Tom know that if he proceeds with this bill you will VOTE with your feet!

Work on your reading comprehension, moron. The title of this thread is “Save Andro and Ephedra,” two supplements that I STILL think suck and there ARE better supplements out there than both of them.

I recieved an e-mail today from Mr. John Hammell President of International Advocates for Health Freedom www.iahf.com
He said H.R.5564 is never going to pass. Check bill status on any American legislation at http://thomas.loc.gov
Said it only has one cosponsor,not alot of steam behind it; that only 4% of thousands of bills that are introduced are passed into law. Said he will keep an eye on it and if it picks up cosponsors he will go into a very agressive campaign against it.
He said the Big threat is the threat of harmonization of US supplement law to garbage under development in the EU.(American companies are blind to the threat)
http://iadsa-exposed.tripod.com
Seems like we all need to start learning more about what is going on out there.

Now… when I get paid… I can order my “underground” Tribex-500 and M (which I haven?t tried yet) from Cyberflex and have it shipped secretly to my door in Madrid… So I can do another one of my (2-bottle secret stash) of Mag10 that friends smuggled over to me last summer from Florida.
It is so much fun when the mailman brings it to me. He is such a nice guy and doesnt know that inside…lurks wild bodybuilding supplements that are legal yet illegal. What is a 162lb. guy supposed to do? (eat alot)
May we all be able to do many more bottles of Mag 10 and any other supplement that will be developed and still be free to take vitamins too!!! Without a prescription.

On October 7, 2002, Rep. John Sweeney (R-NY) introduced H.R. 5564, legislation designed to classify immediate chemical precursors of an anabolic steroid as controlled substances under the Controlled Substances Act. Rep. Tom Osborne (R-NE) cosponsored the legislation. The bill was referred to the House Judiciary Committee, the House Workforce and Education Committee and the House Energy and Commerce Committee. On October 28, 2002, the bill was further referred to the House Subcommittee on Health for its consideration via the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

On October 9, 2002, NCAA staff participated in a press conference with Representatives Sweeney and Osborne announcing the importance of this legislation. Due to the lateness in the session, no further action has been taken on the bill. It is expected that the bill to be introduced early in the 108th Congress. The NCAA will continue to work closely with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to support efforts that seek to ban doping from sports

the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency???

go to the web site you lazy bum. After you are done reading and doing research you can call yourself a moron, moron. laters pk

I could care less about the damn website. You want to continue this?