SAVAGED NATION Contest Thread

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
You’re a beast, bud. Looks like you lost mostly fat and retained muscle. Props, dude.[/quote]

Thanks brother. I will have better photos at backstage. I’m not the best at taking selfies.

Huge difference in three weeks! Good work. Having already lost around 60 lbs I’m sure you’re ready to be done cutting, but I would caution you to avoid having a post contest rebound where you throw caution to the wind with your diet only to gain back much of the fat you worked so hard to lose.

If you take some months to slowly build your food intake back up and slowly taper off on cardio, you’ll be able to settle into comfortably maintaining your weight in the 280’s I bet. Then, you could later do another contest prep in the future if you so desire, and be able to push your conditioning even further the next go around

The last pic, upperback, arms looking real thick!

Good luck at the comp!

Koing

Good stuff, bro. You did everything right without getting obese, though I still feel you should drop to around 260 and hold weight for a while and then reverse diet up before doing a later contest. You might have some loose skin issues, but don’ t worry about it, it takes time to tighten up for us over 30.

Either way if you DO do the contest, once youre FULLY dried out, you’ll have a small paper-thin “flap” on the lower ab and/or lower back that will take a while to go away, but you can hide it inside your trunks like most first time competitors.

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
Huge difference in three weeks! Good work. Having already lost around 60 lbs I’m sure you’re ready to be done cutting, but I would caution you to avoid having a post contest rebound where you throw caution to the wind with your diet only to gain back much of the fat you worked so hard to lose.

If you take some months to slowly build your food intake back up and slowly taper off on cardio, you’ll be able to settle into comfortably maintaining your weight in the 280’s I bet. Then, you could later do another contest prep in the future if you so desire, and be able to push your conditioning even further the next go around[/quote]

Thanks. I learned that my overall carb intake has always been ridiculous. Ill learn to not binge eat because Im guilty of it on occasion. I think after this first time out, I won’t let myself go in the future.

[quote]Depression Boy wrote:
Good stuff, bro. You did everything right without getting obese, though I still feel you should drop to around 260 and hold weight for a while and then reverse diet up before doing a later contest. You might have some loose skin issues, but don’ t worry about it, it takes time to tighten up for us over 30.

Either way if you DO do the contest, once youre FULLY dried out, you’ll have a small paper-thin “flap” on the lower ab and/or lower back that will take a while to go away, but you can hide it inside your trunks like most first time competitors. [/quote]

Thanks. Yeah excess skin sucks lol. Giving my 4 week setback, I feel disappointed I wasn’t closer to ny potential. I hate to waste weeks of prep goIn the toilet. Ill have to diet down harder in the future.

Awesome

it was a great choice to do the show. Imo people only make their best progress after their first big cut

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
Awesome

it was a great choice to do the show. Imo people only make their best progress after their first big cut[/quote]
Thanks for the support. Hopefully my mass will ‘hide’.some flaws lol. My worst fear is to go out and look like a total piece of Shit. Tonight is weighIns, so ill see what the class looks like…

Best of luck, great transformation!

Good luck Savaged! Way to put in the work.

Bad news…

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:
Bad news…[/quote]
???

Good stuff well done mate you look great and bigger having lost 60lbs. Good luck with the show.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
Awesome

it was a great choice to do the show. Imo people only make their best progress after their first big cut[/quote]

Very true IME

Well, the show I had in mind was the Lackland Classic which is a show in San Antonio on a military base. Due to a traffic ticket I was unaware of in 2012, I was DENIED security clearance on the airbase therefore unable to participate until the matters resolved. I want say it was all bad though. Disappointed but, it was a learning experience. I cut from like 334 to 273 this morning.

Well, the show I had in mind was the Lackland Classic which is a show in San Antonio on a military base. Due to a traffic ticket I was unaware of in 2012, I was DENIED security clearance on the airbase therefore unable to participate until the matters resolved. I want say it was all bad though. Disappointed but, it was a learning experience. I cut from like 334 to 273 this morning.[/quote]

Dont take this negatively but imo you should try and find a show thats in about 8-12weeks…great cut for.sure but your 3weeks out.pic was.more.like 8-10weeks out…u have a.lot of.room.to.lean down some.more

[quote]zraw wrote:

Well, the show I had in mind was the Lackland Classic which is a show in San Antonio on a military base. Due to a traffic ticket I was unaware of in 2012, I was DENIED security clearance on the airbase therefore unable to participate until the matters resolved. I want say it was all bad though. Disappointed but, it was a learning experience. I cut from like 334 to 273 this morning.[/quote]

Dont take this negatively but imo you should try and find a show thats in about 8-12weeks…great cut for.sure but your 3weeks out.pic was.more.like 8-10weeks out…u have a.lot of.room.to.lean down some.more[/quote]
x2

youre doing great, but you need more time.

[quote]zraw wrote:

Dont take this negatively but imo you should try and find a show thats in about 8-12weeks…great cut for.sure but your 3weeks out.pic was.more.like 8-10weeks out…u have a.lot of.room.to.lean down some.more[/quote]
Thanks for the response…after a small ‘break’ ill be going for something in spring.

That sounds like your best course of action given the circumstances. Congrats again for the serious leaning out. Can’t wait to see you finally get onstage.

S

Tremendous work, SN. Your progress and attitude are just awesome.

Sucks to hear about the SNAFU, but it sounds like it’s just one more hurdle along the way and you’re already making the best out of it.