T Nation

SAVAGED NATION Contest Thread

Well I did it. I've been prepping for this show. Had TONS of roadblocks, work, family, stress, and illnesses. Currently don't wanna run the risk of taking antibiotics and affecting my appearance. I started roughly at 6'4 335 and now at 274 lbs. Not quite tight tight, but, I carry enough muscle to hopefully hide my flaws.

Muscle Patheticness
Muscle Patheticness

. Fat fat man…

Three weeks ago @ 284

@ 284

Awesome job, very impressive :slight_smile:

Big difference brother, much respect. What’s the contest ETA?

S

Awesome, love to see that there’s a taller guy competing! In for the progress.

This Saturday. Ill have a update shortly closer to stage time. I’ve learned a lot prepping alone.

Good job man! You look so much bigger at 284 than you did at 335, it’s crazy how leaning out will do that.

Any more pics/info?

Keep up the good work! Great job so far!

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:
This Saturday. Ill have a update shortly closer to stage time. I’ve learned a lot prepping alone.[/quote]

I dont mean this in an at all dicky way but you should skip the show this Saturday and pick a show a few months away.

6 weeks ago.

Ill do this show.

[quote]JACKEDjames123 wrote:

This Saturday. Ill have a update shortly closer to stage time. I’ve learned a lot prepping alone.[/quote]

I dont mean this in an at all dicky way but you should skip the show this Saturday and pick a show a few months away.

[/quote]

I know what you’re saying. Based on the OP, SavageNation had some set backs recently.

Some people always put off an important event that helps to define who and what they are because if they wait, they can show up better. The danger of this is, they can fall into the trap of always waiting for that next show.

It can often be the right call by jumping in, learning from it, and then moving forward.

If a bodybuilder aspires to compete, he won’t truly know where he is and how to improve until he goes through the process of actually competing. This applies to anyone who plans to compete in his respective sport.

SavageNation, great job and BOL.

After obviously lifting for a considerable time, has this been the first time you’ve ever really taken cutting to this degree? If so, has it changed your outlook on things? I’m sure you’ll be much more vocal after the show, but game day aside, I always loved seeing the week to week physical changes when I would run up to a contest.

S

It has been the first time ive cut this low. I’ve learned a thing or two about things such as skin elasticity. Being big as I were in the name of bulking, took helluva toll on my stomach and lower back. I feared leaning up ‘too’ rapidly, at 6’4 I would need to keep as much muscle mass. So my perspective was on keeping mass while being lean and as vascular as possible. I’m learning more about food allergies and what bloats me.

[quote]56x11 wrote:

[quote]JACKEDjames123 wrote:

[/quote]

I know what you’re saying. Based on the OP, SavageNation had some set backs recently.

Some people always put off an important event that helps to define who and what they are because if they wait, they can show up better. The danger of this is, they can fall into the trap of always waiting for that next show.

It can often be the right call by jumping in, learning from it, and then moving forward.

If a bodybuilder aspires to compete, he won’t truly know where he is and how to improve until he goes through the process of actually competing. This applies to anyone who plans to compete in his respective sport.

SavageNation, great job and BOL. [/quote]

Thanks for your support. I’ve dealt with putting off, and putting off for the Same show! 3 years! This time around, ive stuck to my guns. Rep after rep, fasted cardio, tilapia after tilapia, ive put forth a true effort independently. I’m by far, my worst critic. You’ll never hear and rave about ny “flawless” physique. I gave myself room for diet and error. Diet slow. My first mistake was being too bulky for too.

It has been the first time ive cut this low. I’ve learned a thing or two about things such as skin elasticity. Being big as I were in the name of bulking, took helluva toll on my stomach and lower back. I feared leaning up ‘too’ rapidly, at 6’4 I would need to keep as much muscle mass. So my perspective was on keeping mass while being lean and as vascular as possible. I’m learning more about food allergies and what bloats me.

You’re a beast, bud. Looks like you lost mostly fat and retained muscle. Props, dude.