Sauna/Steam Room

Hey Guys! I had a couple questions regarding the use of a Sauna or a steam room.

1. What effects do each of these have on the body? (Positive/Negative)

2. Does it help the skin in any way? such as acne or skin dryness?

3. Does using either one help the body, in the respect of muscle?

I would appreciate all input. Thanks!

[quote]Xfactor88 wrote:
Hey Guys! I had a couple questions regarding the use of a Sauna or a steam room.

1. What effects do each of these have on the body? (Positive/Negative)

2. Does it help the skin in any way? such as acne or skin dryness?

3. Does using either one help the body, in the respect of muscle?

I would appreciate all input. Thanks![/quote]

********** Ussr and U.S Army data says that Sauna improves sweat capability,kidney function and muscle healing. From personal experience heart and lung function also improve.
Brandon Green

Wouldn’t the heat cause sore, recovering muscles to become more inflammed within the first 48-72 hours of training?

Also, another thing I’m curious about is I work outside all day, 90+ degree weather, and I can drink a full gallon of water in 8 hours while peeing only about twice.

So I’m wondering, if you’re drinking enough water and replacing electrolytes, could one ever sweat too much?

Some research says it does have postive effects. Many cultures have used some version of heat/cold therapy for centuries.

In my experience I feel it does wonders for me. I went to a russian place called Banya5 in Seattle. The sauna is called a Parilka and then you do a cold plunge and there is a salt bath.

This is not a scientific statement I realize but I felt like a new man.

Apparently Norwegians, Turks, Japanese, and Russhian are huge on their use for recovery.

but the naked hairy old guy who winks at me is always in there

:o(