Saudi Men Board FL School Bus

[quote]silencer wrote:
the investigators determined that they meant no harm… but you, sitting at home, know better.

right.

[/quote]

Sure, I completely trust Florida to not screw things up.

It’s not like 13 of the 9/11 hijackers had Florida IDs.

It’s not like Mohamed Atta attended flight school in Florida. It’s not like he was able to get a Florida license AFTER being arrested for driving without a liscense, then failing to appear in court, and having a bench warrant issued for his arrest. It’s not like he was able to obtain his FAA pilot’s certificate even though he had the Florida bench warrant. It’s not like he left the country and came back in through Miami, where he was sent to secondary inspection because he acknowledged being in flight training but did not have required trainee visa, but was still allowed in.

It’s not like Waleed al-Shehri (or Alshehri) lived in Hollywood, Orlando and Daytona Beach (all in Florida) and had a Florida license.

It’s not like Nawaf al-Hamzi had a Florida license.

It’s not like Wail Al-Sheri lived in Hollywood, Florida and had a Florida ID card.

It’s not like Abdulaziz al-Omari lived in Hollywood, Florida and had a Florida license.

It’s not like Marwan al-Shehhi attended flight school in Florida, lived in Hollywood, Florida, trained at Huffman Aviation in Venice, Florida or had a Florida license.

It’s not like Fayez Ahmed Rashid Ahmed al-Qadi Banihammad, Hamza Saleh al-Ghamdi, Ziad Samir Jarrah, Saeed al-Ghamdi, Ahmed Ibrahim A. al-Haznawi, Ahmed Abdullah al-Nami, Mohand al-Shehri and Ahmed al-Ghamdi all lived in Delray Beach, Florida and had a Florida license or ID.

I’m sure Florida officials are all over this. Who am I to worry?

[quote]silencer wrote:
the investigators determined that they meant no harm… but you, sitting at home, know better.

right.

[/quote]

Since you have proven yourself blatantly anti-American in your posting your opinion only further reinforces by belief that these are bad guys.

This whole “they were confused and didn’t know what they were doing” line is a load of crap. It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Uncle Leo was stealing things and then would pretend he was old and confused. I have sat in downtown Riyadh many times having dinner and had locals come and sit down and tell me how screwed up the US is on a whole bunch of different things (mainly the way we treat women, religion, and our justice system) and they are very in tune with the US, our culture, and how we live. Of course this was a pre-trial run, they were wanting to see the reaction time and look for weaknesses. The bus driver should be given a raise for not buying whatever lame excuse they had for being on the bus and contacting the police.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
silencer wrote:

right.

Since you have proven yourself blatantly anti-American in your posting your opinion only further reinforces by belief that these are bad guys.[/quote]

The posters statement is not ‘anti-american’ but it is completely ignorant.

Throwing out the ‘anti-american’ label does diminish it’s full meaning.

I’ll admit it’s worrisome. I don’t know, is their side as stupid as ours? I guess I shouldn’t have to ask. Of course they are.

An attack of this nature would just boost US aggression and turn it into more of a police state. More aggression from the US means more retaliation and warfare in the Middle East.

Nice cycle.

Not that I have any magic solutions.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
silencer wrote:

right.

Since you have proven yourself blatantly anti-American in your posting your opinion only further reinforces by belief that these are bad guys.

The posters statement is not ‘anti-american’ but it is completely ignorant.

Throwing out the ‘anti-american’ label does diminish it’s full meaning.
[/quote]

Have you read any of this guy’s other postings?

I stand by the anti-American label.

what do you mean by anti-american? america is a pretty big place, with 300 million people, of all kinds of different people.

so how the hell can i be anti-american?

but i am against the bush administration, and against the american government’s meddling in other countries’ affairs.

how does that detract from my statement? hell if those saudis want to blow up american citizens i wish they’d burn in hell for ever.

by the way, i like american citizens (and the citizens of almost every other country) more than saudis (in general). again, people are so diverse you can’t make such a blank statement.

i just think it’s really stupid to assume these guys are terrorists because they’re saudi.

[quote]silencer wrote:
by the way, i like american citizens (and the citizens of almost every other country) more than saudis (in general). again, people are so diverse you can’t make such a blank statement.

i just think it’s really stupid to assume these guys are terrorists because they’re saudi.

[/quote]

No one assumes that every Saudi is a terrorist. But every Saudi man who is on a student visa in this country and boards a school bus and then lies about it…just might be up to more than the normal pursuit knowledge and cultural enrichment that we can expect from a foriegn student to this country.

Here’s what I say: Trust… but verify.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Saudi men once again…did anyone notice they were not Iraqi?

We should have invaded Saudi Arabia and took their oil fields away from them.

That would have been a better war plan.[/quote]

Did you not notice they didn’t do anything wrong?

[quote]doogie wrote:
nephorm wrote:
doogie wrote:
I would totally support shooting them in the head on CNN as a message to others.

No, that wouldn’t be construed as declaring war on Saudis at all…

Yet a bunch of Saudi’s flying planes into the WTC and Pentagon wasn’t an act of war?[/quote]

You’ll just never get it.

Visa Express
The Visa Express program was a U.S. State Department program that allowed residents of Saudi Arabia to enter the U.S. without proving their identities. It became controversial when some of the 9/11 hijackers used this program to gain entry into the country, and the program was eventually shut down.

In the Spring and Summer of 2001, the terror level in the U.S. was reportedly “off the charts”. The U.S. had recently concluded that Saudi Arabia was one of four top nationalities of al-Qaeda members.

Despite all this, the U.S. introduced the Visa Express program in May of 2001. This program allowed Saudi Arabian residents, including non-citizens, to get valid visas through a travel agency using a much less restrictive standard than would have otherwise been required.

They did not have to submit a proof of identity, but only had to provide a photograph and fill out a short form. A senior State Department official described the program as “an open-door policy for terrorists.” No other country had this system to facilitate easy entry into the country.

Five of the 9/11 hijackers used this method to gain entry in the U.S., including Khalid al-Mihdhar, Abdulaziz al-Omari, Salem al-Hazmi, Saeed al-Ghamdi, and Fayez Banihammad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Express

9/11 Panel: FAA Got 52 Warnings in 6 Mos
9/11 Commission: FAA Chiefs Had 52 Warnings in 6 Mos. Before Attacks About Bin Laden, al-Qaida

The Associated Press
NEW YORK - Federal aviation officials received dozens of warnings before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks about Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida, including some that mentioned airline hijackings or suicide attacks, The New York Times reported.

In its Thursday editions, the Times said a previously undisclosed report by the commission that investigated the suicide airliner attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon detailed 52 warnings given to leaders of the Federal Aviation Administration from April to Sept. 10, 2001, about the radical Islamic terrorist group and its leader.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/print?id=486644

[quote]BH6 wrote:
silencer wrote:

No one assumes that every Saudi is a terrorist. But every Saudi man who is on a student visa in this country and boards a school bus and then lies about it…just might be up to more than the normal pursuit knowledge and cultural enrichment that we can expect from a foriegn student to this country.
[/quote]

Exactly.