T Nation

Saudi Arabia is Nuts

So they have now banned the sale of pets in the capital to prevent men from walking them in public to lure in women.

I have a feeling it is only a matter of time before the younger generation starts a civil war there, and rightfully so. My only basis for this statement is the general disgust I have seen on the internet as well as a few people whom have come to the US from there. Anyway, I believe you can limit people�??s actions only so much before they revolt.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,395341,00.html

The regime in place is armed to the teeth and backed by very affluent foreign powers.

What I’d like to know is, how exactly do you see a civil war play out where a side has F-15s and the other a bunch of stones? Also, chances of said backers sitting it out are quite slim.

The problem is that those that are rebelling against the government are even CRAZIER!

Majority of the country is in urban areas. The rest live in small huts in the middle of the desert. Civil war…i dont think so…

The U.S. has to much influence there. The rest of the world has to much oil there to let a bunch of desert folk fight over pet cats

Saudia Arabia is extremly religious. There citizens can leave if they wish and go else where. That is how many of the citizens like it there. Oh course you are young and rebelious, but as they get older they will fall in line with the rest of there society

[quote]lixy wrote:
The regime in place is armed to the teeth and backed by very affluent foreign powers.[/quote]

And they’ve purchased that backing with money we’ve given them for oil.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
The problem is that those that are rebelling against the government are even CRAZIER! [/quote]

Given that your average Saudi prince has about 50 sons, and those sons in turn become princes, the Saudi royal family is growing at an exponential rate. There are an estimated 150,000 Saudi royals at this point. Now, the amount of money they’re bringing in from oil to spread around the royal family is remaining relatively constant, so that money is being spread ever thinner amongst the Saudi royals. Many of them have taken to stealing and other side-activities to supplement their income. This also means that there is less and less money to pay the jihadists to take their jihad elsewhere, because the jihadists hate the house of Saud. Sooner or later, the house of Saud will find that the jihadists simply aren’t content exporting jihad anymore, which is why they tried to attack the largest oil refinery in Saudi Arabia a couple of years ago. The house of Saud is now on something of a purge, but they’ve created too many enemies for themselves that are zealous for Islam and shari’ah.

[quote]lixy wrote:
The regime in place is armed to the teeth and backed by very affluent foreign powers.

What I’d like to know is, how exactly do you see a civil war play out where a side has F-15s and the other a bunch of stones? Also, chances of said backers sitting it out are quite slim.[/quote]

The taliban kept the USSR out…

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
Saudia Arabia is extremly religious. There citizens can leave if they wish and go else where. That is how many of the citizens like it there. Oh course you are young and rebelious, but as they get older they will fall in line with the rest of there society[/quote]

By that logic our civil rights movement would never have happened.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
lixy wrote:
The regime in place is armed to the teeth and backed by very affluent foreign powers.

What I’d like to know is, how exactly do you see a civil war play out where a side has F-15s and the other a bunch of stones? Also, chances of said backers sitting it out are quite slim.

The taliban kept the USSR out…[/quote]

The Talibans had a bloody hyperpower behind them!

I don’t think they stood much of a chance against the Soviets without those Washington-financed Stingers.

Here, CP:

Any of the books by Bob Baer will explain the situation to you pretty well. Just remember, Prince Bandar has a direct line to the POTUS.

[quote]lixy wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
lixy wrote:
The regime in place is armed to the teeth and backed by very affluent foreign powers.

What I’d like to know is, how exactly do you see a civil war play out where a side has F-15s and the other a bunch of stones? Also, chances of said backers sitting it out are quite slim.

The taliban kept the USSR out…

The Talibans had a bloody hyperpower behind them!

I don’t think they stood much of a chance against the Soviets without those Washington-financed Stingers.[/quote]

So now that they have a hyperpower against them, why aren’t they collapsing like a house of cards. Why, nearly 7 years later, haven’t we completely routed them and turned Afghanistan into the peaceful Islamic utopia that you claim will occur if we’d only stop supporting Middle Eastern and Central Asian despots?

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Here, CP:

Any of the books by Bob Baer will explain the situation to you pretty well. Just remember, Prince Bandar has a direct line to the POTUS. [/quote]

“See No Evil: The True Story of a Ground Soldier in the CIA’s War on Terrorism”

lol thanks but I already have first hand knowledge on this subject.

My guess is this guy wasn’t as high up as he likes to tell, because in just the free previews I can tell you that some of his facts are wrong. Someone just didn’t have access to the files…

His books do look interesting and they are cheap so I think I’ll pick up a couple. Thanks for the link!

Ive been working with some saudi’s recently they have a very skewed view of the world especially womens place in it.

A female lifter missed a squat and bailed at the bottom. They both commented “its because shes a woman that she fails”

[quote]Wayland wrote:
Ive been working with some saudi’s recently they have a very skewed view of the world especially womens place in it.

A female lifter missed a squat and bailed at the bottom. They both commented “its because shes a woman that she fails”[/quote]

I wonder where they’d get an idea like that?
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/006.sbt.html#001.006.301

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
tg2hbk4488 wrote:
Saudia Arabia is extremly religious. There citizens can leave if they wish and go else where. That is how many of the citizens like it there. Oh course you are young and rebelious, but as they get older they will fall in line with the rest of there society

By that logic our civil rights movement would never have happened.[/quote]

Islam says nothign about opressing race. If Saudia Arbia society wishes to act a certain way, they are within there rights. Granted I think they over opress women, but that is a different story.

Are Jews crazy because they practice Kosher? Muslims insane for no-alcohol? Or how bout Hindus are retarded for protecting cattle? The Amish are soo opressive for allowin no bright clothes and electricity lets for them to change to our way…

…contrary to your belief, your way isnt the only right way

Saudi Arabia and most of the region is a shithole for women.They really don’t have a clue about gender equality in any shape,manner or form.

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
Are Jews crazy because they practice Kosher? Muslims insane for no-alcohol? Or how bout Hindus are retarded for protecting cattle? The Amish are soo opressive for allowin no bright clothes and electricity lets for them to change to our way…

…contrary to your belief, your way isnt the only right way
[/quote]

Yes, yes, yes and I agree.

It has nothing to do with my way v. their way. I respect personal choices. I don’t respect when a society forces people to make personal choices.

The Amish let their kids go off into the real world for a year and then choose where they want to spend the rest of their life. Most Jewish parents let their children decide post-barmitsvah (spelling?) if they want to continue being religious. Ect… This is when these practices are acceptable.

But a government forcing these things upon people? That is immoral.

Morality is not entirely relative.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Morality is not entirely relative. [/quote]

Um…yes it is.

[quote]blazindave wrote:

Um…yes it is.[/quote]

Um, no it isn’t.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
lixy wrote:
The regime in place is armed to the teeth and backed by very affluent foreign powers.

And they’ve purchased that backing with money we’ve given them for oil.

[/quote]

They’ve purchased most of it from us, so I guess we got the money back at least. Also very interesting that thier security forces are built just as much for internal conflict as protection from foreign forces.