SATs

Well la-di-frickin-da. Ha, just felt like saying that somewhere.

It’s similar to RBI’s in baseball. Runs batted in, not Runs batted ins. That has always annoyed me.

Well, not that it’s impossible to score well without having read a lot. Obviously, as in your case, it is. But typically, I think that what I said stands.

If you personally didn’t read much, may we assume that you were brought up by/exposed to people who did? :slight_smile:

Btw, the use of “SATs” doesn’t bother me, as long as it isn’t written “SAT’s.”

Actually, I rarely ever saw my dad crack a book. My mom read some. Maybe it was my brother. He swears up and down he got his vocabulary from comic books (he’s got a few thousand of them in storage at my parents’ house). He ended up with a 1560, but that was before recentering. He may have a PhD, but I still have the higher SAT score. :slight_smile:

I do agree, though, that reading can help your vocabulary tremendously.

Being from Denmark I have never seen an SAT, nor have I ever been exposed to any multiple choise test within the school system at all. Reading this thread have gotten me somewhat curious as to where I might end up (score-wise) if I were to take such a test. (of course I should be at a tremendous disadvantage with English being my second language).
So is there any way (preferably on the internet of course) where I can get my hands on such a test, or something similar? It would be fun for me to se what it is you’re talking about.

/Jacob

rep - Practice with multiple choice-style tests will help a lot, so don’t be discouraged if your scores aren’t as high as you might expect.

Here is a practice test: SAT Practice Test

You’ll want to follow the links under SAT I: Reasoning, as that’s what we’re discussing, the SAT I. There are many SAT II tests, as they are subject tests (math, chemistry, biology, etc.).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, either here or by PMing me.

Thanks Jared.

I’ll be looking forward to trying it out.
If I do not post the results here in a few days you can fairly safely assume that I think they are embarassing as I’m hoping to do well.

/Jacob