Sasquatch Method

Trying to be as strong as this motherfucker right here.

My goal is to look like this someday. I want to be as strong as him someday.

Raphael as a Pokemon would be a fighting type, so he has the STAB advantage on Geoslut already. I’m sure he would have higher base stats as well.

Still in a bit of rut regarding my lifts. Apparently I’m getting leaner. Shoulders and back look bigger.

9/1/14

Deficit Deadlift - worked up to 515x1*
Deadlift - 495x3**
T-Bar Row - worked up to 190x15
Seated Cable Row - 4x20

*Just didn’t feel as good as last time. Core and glutes fatigued pretty quick. Technique just wasn’t really there by 515.
**Glutes again lol. At least I know they’re getting worked. Just pretty much hopped right onto these after deficits.
***Did a few pullups but upper back was pretty fried.

I cut this one short because I had a bit of inflammation going. The gym was closing soon anyway. I think I’m going to start training deadlifts every other week unless I come across a reason to continue this way. I think it’s reasonable to expect that my performance drop will traverse this entire training week until I adapt, but we’ll see. I am getting leaner and think I’m going to continue that process, so we’ll see how everything works over the next few months. I know I’ll be stronger. It’s just a question of how much stronger.

glad to have you back posting brother

This is like the golden days with you and blackaggar, the two guys who first helped me along

[quote]PlainPat wrote:
glad to have you back posting brother

This is like the golden days with you and blackaggar, the two guys who first helped me along[/quote]
Yeah man lol. You’ve made good progress since then. Even more golden days to come.

So I’ve decided that I’m going to do a full blown cut.

Squats later today.

The cut is real. :confused:

9/4/14

Squat - worked up to 405x4*
Leg Press - 4x20**
Leg Curl - 4x10***

*Easily had at least 6 in me, but due to either some error in my setup or some issue with shoulder/upper back mobility, the risk of continuing seemed too high. Felt my pecs were being stretched on each concentric and couldn’t really push my elbows forward. Dat ain’t right. Gunning for 8 next week. I’m really confident that I manage it. Would be a really nice PR for my beltless squat.
**So pumpz. Insane.
***More pumpz.

Got hit with a bout of hypoglycemic shock by the end. Not the first that’s happened, but since I’m cutting now, I need to do more to prevent it. Basically what happens is that my blood sugar gets too low and my body overheats then I start sweating and feeling nauseous then I get cold and tired. Meh. Always takes about thirty minutes to recover for me, which sucks. I think that as the training effects continue to compound, the likelihood of occurrence will plummet. Just gotta get in better shape, bruh.

I experience hypoglycemic fits occasionally at work if I dont drink enough water/Gatorade. How much do you wanna lose?

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
I experience hypoglycemic fits occasionally at work if I dont drink enough water/Gatorade. How much do you wanna lose?[/quote]
10-12% is an arbitrary target. It just really depends on what I look like. Not sure how much I’d have to lose. More than 20lbs, I’m sure.

Took a bit of break due to stress and some random aches and pains. Squats and legs today.

Meh. Knee (the recently healed one) was bothering me today before I even got to the gym. Not sure why.

9/12/14

Squat - worked up to 455x1 then dropped down and worked back up to 405x1

Just disappointed in this training session. Had my eyes set on 405x8+. I know I can do. Just need to clean up the mass. Technique was sloppy. There’s a very strong chance that I’m not being consistent with my bar placement. Just hard to judge at this point. Having trouble with keeping my upper back tight as well as all of the pressure on my wrist. I need to remember to bring my wrist wraps next time. Just a bump of a road. Not really that big of a deal. I left after squats because my mood was completely ruined at that point and I didn’t want to re-injure my knee.

Also I have lost about 5-6lbs since last week.

Yep. Morning weight has dropped 5.2lbs since last week.

Shoulders today. Kind of want to redo squats but can’t since my knee is sore.

Purdy good. Purdy good.

9/13/14

Seated OH Press (barbell) - 135x23*
Seated OH Press (dumbbell) - 85x7**
Rear Delt Row - 4x10-20
Shrug - 365x20***
Pushdowns - 3x8****

*Solid progression.
**Figured out my problem is positioning and keeping my upper back tight. Working on it.
***Easy. Had to stop at 20 because my wrist was killing me.
****Worked up to the full stack with the straight bar then did a dropset with ropes.

Good day. Knee is still a bit sore though.

What’s bothering you Mark?

[quote]xjusticex2013x wrote:
What’s bothering you Mark?[/quote]
Hi, doggy.

All kinds of mmm in here, all kinssssss ha good progress on the ohp bro wasn’t it 135x17 when you first changed to that workout?

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:
All kinds of mmm in here, all kinssssss ha good progress on the ohp bro wasn’t it 135x17 when you first changed to that workout?[/quote]
Yeah 19 lol. Since this is a cut, I guess I can’t be too upset if I’m continuing to improve in some way.

Traps, tris, rear delts, and even abs are a little sore from yesterday. Didn’t think that would happen. Doing back today.