T Nation

SARM Cycles at 20, Low T at 23. Should I Start TRT?

Hi All,

I’m looking for some advice on whether I should begin TRT.

Background: (TLDR: Did sarms 3 years ago and T levels still low)
I’m 23 years old. Unfortunately, about 3 years ago, I did a couple cycles of sarms (ligondrol and Rad stacked). I really bought into the sales pitch that Sarms weren’t that dangerous and far less destructive than steroids. When I got off Sarms, I immediately noticed symptoms but figured my hormones would balance out over time. Fast-forward about 2.5 years, and I still had pretty bad symptoms. Sine then, I’ve done a few different blood tests and my T-levels are around 100-200s and LH is around 1.5. I’ve done a few months of Clomid, and it helps to bring my levels up, but doesn’t really help with my symptoms. And my T levels dropped backed down when I got off of it.

So I wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience and whether TRT is the way to go. And, if it is, what my protocol should be?
I’ve also read that some people try HCG first. However, the Clomid didn’t really work for me, and I just kind of want to get this fixed at this point since it’s been going on for so long.

Appreciate any and all advice!

I’ve been on trt since last December, and it’s been amazing for me. I suffered a back injury at 18 from a car accident and was on OxyContin for almost 10 years which permanently suppressed my t levels, and since getting on trt my quality of life has been night and day. Just know you will be on it for the rest of your life, especially if your levels are already suppressed so something to keep in mind, if you won’t be able to pay the monthly subscription fee or aren’t 100% sure you will be able to in the future that’s something to think about also. You have to seriously consider the risks, and if you decide the benefits outweigh the risks then go for it.

HCG might work but the end game is you’ll need TRT at some point in the future. The thing with HCG is it only stimulates the half of the testicles and doesn’t stimulate all pathways as a result, which is more than likely why men report feeling better on TRT even at the same levels.

HCG will still suppress the HPTA, but will keep the testicles producing testosterone and estrogen whereas TRT will shut down the HPTA and the testicles. Clomid has worked in more men that people realize but in micro dosing and even taken every 4-5 days, the standard dosing docs usually prescribed leads to treatment failure because a lot of docs aren’t willing to deviate from recommended dosing regimens and experiment on micro dosing.

Other than fertility, have you noticed any other side effects since you’ve been on it?

Thanks! I did 50mg of Clomid every day for a month and then 25mg for another month, but didn’t notice it helping with the symptoms. I think I’m going to do a little more research into HCG, but definitely leaning towards TRT.

How long since you took the clomid? If it’s been a couple of months you should get a “trt” blood panel done, see where you’re at, including thyroid.

There are a lot of things that can cause your symptoms.

Unless you’re really low on testosterone your regular doc probably won’t prescribe it. You’ll end up at a clinic and pay out of pocket for treatment.

I’d be looking at about 150mg/week test cyp divided into 2 or 3 injections per week as a starting point. No hcg, no ai. I’d be careful about taking 200mg/2 weeks in just 1 injection, works for a few guys, but at least on this forum, it’s not a popular choice, though we may be outliers here.

4 weeks after getting off my first cycle of clomid (1 month of 50 mg everyday), my T levels were at 130.

I got off my second cycle of Clomid (1st month @ 50 and 2nd month @ 25) about 3 weeks ago. I just did bloods again this past Monday. My LH was at 1.5 mIU/ml and FSH at 2.4 mIU/ml. I’m still waiting on my T results (my lab sends out the sample for T testing), but expecting it to be low since I still have the same symptoms. And I’m meeting with both a clinic and my endocrinologist on Friday to see what they have to say.

I see an anti aging doc who keeps me on test E @ 140mg 2x a week, keeping my levels around 950-1000. The E works better for me than cyp… I’m also on hcg, and anastrazole. I get my levels checked every 6 weeks or so and everything’s included in the monthly payment… I’ve had my sperm count checked and so far so good, only negative side effect is my hairs thinned a bit which I don’t mind since I shave my head anyway, I want to fuck almost every girl I see, and I get the occasional bacne. When I blast I get anger and the Bacne increases a good amount. I’d look into anti aging clinics
In your area if your in the US. Not sure how it works elsewhere.

Cool, I think you’be got things lined up pretty well. We’ll see what the docs say.