SargeMaximus' Training Log

Hey man, would avocados be a healthy source of fat? I don’t wanna depend on anything like rice which is hard to cook and hard to prepare.

EDIT: Nvm, avocados are good. And I can blend them and pour them into ice cube trays for freezing! How Cool is that??

Curious, do you think I would suggest something that wouldn’t be of benefit? (yes, i see your edit)

Your laziness astounds me. On one end, you have set a goal and are not taking the basic necessary steps to accomplish this. On the other, you have instantly disregarded an excellent carb source because of it’s appearance of difficulty to prepare, without investigating alternative options than a rice cooker.

Open your googler and type in “uncle ben rice”. It is 3 minutes in a microwave. I used to eat this while working retail. All I needed was a plastic utensil.

Ask your self this question: Do I want to have a respectable body more than I want to do ____?

‘_____’ is whatever you are doing rather than preparing food.

1 Like

Yeah, I have trust issues. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“dchris, post:163, topic:223698”]
Your laziness astounds me. On one end, you have set a goal and are not taking the basic necessary steps to accomplish this. On the other, you have instantly disregarded an excellent carb source because of it’s appearance of difficulty to prepare, without investigating alternative options than a rice cooker.[/quote]

No. I ate rice for years until I switched to different options, eventually settling on what I am doing now. Rice takes longer to prepare than what I eat now and aside from the gym I have work. I’m also approaching women in the evenings, I’m also studying IT Tech so I can improve my career options, and I also have to sleep.

Lazy indeed.

I don’t have a microwave.

Thanks for the suggestions. I bought avocados this morning.

Weighed myself today: 163.4 lbs (roughly 2 lbs increase from last week)

Went to the gym.
Forgot my phone so didn’t do all exercises cause I have poor memory.

Core Day:

Ab Roller: 10-10 (both out of form and lower/mid back/spine pain)

Reverse Crunch: 20-20-20
(gonna aim for 5 sets from now on. I’ll also keep increasing the # of reps in each set so that I hit failure before the 5 sets are done)

Fat-Man Chin-Ups:10-7-5(fail)

Bicep Curls:20 lbs10-7(assisted)-6(assisted)

This actually does sound pretty lazy. You aren’t doing any cooking at all in this equation.

I think you will find that most successful folks manage to work and train and have a social life and pursue other interests AND still have time to cook. Part of that too is being smart enough with your finances to figure out how to save up for a microwave or slow cooker.

1 Like

Hey guys, haven’t been able to go to the gym due to a head cold. In before someone asks for an update.

Still have the cold but my nose isn’t running anymore (no way to workout with snot flying everywhere amirite?)

Core Day:

Ab Roller (3 sets): 10-10
*having ab pain. I thought I would be recovered by now but I guess not with the cold.

Reverse Crunch (5 sets):20-20-20-20-20

Leg Lowering Drill (5 sets):-3-2.5-2

Back Extension:-10-10-10

Fat-Man Chin-Ups (50 reps Total)16:10-10-10-10-10(fail)

Bicep Curls (3 sets):20 lbs10-10-10

Overall pretty good. I’d say I can increase weight and reps.

Weighed Myself Today: 161.8 lbs (Lost the 2 lbs from last week. Gotta stick to the diet!)

Chest and Tricep Day:

Incline Press: 22.5 lbs 10-10-9(fail)

Flies:

Dumbbell: 20 lbs 10-10-10

Dips
70 lbs 7(fail)-5(fail)

Incline Push-Ups:
10-7(fail)-5(fail)

Dumbbell Pullovers: 40 lbs 10-10-10

Back and Arms Day:

Underhanded Pulldown:
50 lbs 10-10(fail)-8(fail)

Straight Arm Pulldowns:

30 lbs 10
20 lbs 10
25 lbs 10

Cable Row:

35 lbs 10-8(fail)-6(fail

Bicep Curls:
20 lbs 10-9(fail)-6(fail)

Leg Day:

Squats:
145 Lbs 10- 10-10 (not full range)

Kneeling Leg Curl:
40 lbs 10-10-9(fail)

Leg Extensions:
40 lbs 10-10

Standing Calf Raises:
250 lbs 25-25

1 Like

I don’t get it. The last time you posted Leg Day was 13 days ago where you logged 20lbs 10 and 15lbs 10-8. Now today you busted out 145 lbs for 3 sets of ten? What’s up with that? Or did I miss something? I am afraid you may be your own worse enemy. These numbers are very eractic and make no sense to me.

1 Like

Yes you did miss something but lol. I can imagine your surprise.

Basically I was doing “Third World Squats” (where you go all the way to the ground with your butt) now I’m doing parallel squats on the advice of either dchris or T3hPwnisher (can’t remember who). Anyhow, they suggested I go to parallel, and it’s easier and I can lift more.

Hope that clears things up.

1 Like

Jeez LittleChicken, don’t you read my every post? :wink:

I suggested that he do traditional back squats. As third world squats are not a great main movement.

2 Likes

[quote=“dchris, post:174, topic:223698”]
Jeez LittleChicken, don’t you read my every post? :wink:[/quote]

Lol. Yeah, you guys are killing my self-esteem! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah so it was you. I thought so but couldn’t find the post toi confirm.

Anyhow, what a change those were. Hard to describe but struggling on third world’s vs. struggling on the back squats was very different sensation.

More words, please. Howso?

Well, on the third world squats, when I got to the last few and started to struggle, it felt like a lack of energy, whereas the parallel squats, when I got to the last few, it felt like my muscles couldn’t physically do it. It’s like I had enough energy but my muscles weren’t strong enough.

Does that make more sense?

Weight: 162.6 lbs

Back and Arms Day:

Underhanded Pulldown: 95 lbs 10-10(fail)-10(after 3, not full range)

Straight Arm Pulldowns:
70 lbs: 10-8(fail)
65 lbs 2-10

Cable Row:
60 lbs: 10
67.5 lbs:10-10 (will go more next time)

Bicep Curls:
20 lbs 10-10(fail)-6(fail)

Laeral Raise:
55 lbs 10-8(fail)-6(fail)

• From now on I’m going to go to failure and really push each last rep. I did that today and it feels better.

Also, hoping my diet is sorted now. I gained weight so that’s good.

Core Day:

No Ab Roller to be found :frowning:

Reverse Crunch (5 sets):
20-20-20-20-20

Leg Lowering Drill (5 sets):
3.5-3(fail)

Back Extension (5 sets):
10-10-10-10-10

Are you skipping workouts or logging them?

What you see here is what I’ve done. I don’t go on the weekends, and yesterday the gym was closed. I know, I gotta be more serious about this. I’m trying man. Least I’m improving my weights/exercises.