SargeMaximus' Training Log

I suppose that would work. I’ll get a lock today for the lockers. Thanks.

1 Like

Ok so wearing gym stuff under my clothes was awkward as fuck. So was taking the layers off and then putting the clothes in the locker. I really miss the no-hassle days but I suppose that’ll be reserved for warmer weather.

As for my workout, it was ok. I had a few issues I’d like insight on, but other than that it was good.

Did chest day today:

Started with Incline Push-Ups: 20-15-12-10-3

• My legs were wobbling when I got past 10 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press: 25 lbs 3-2-fail (definitely need to go lower weight for this one. The problem is my arms are too weak)

Dumbbell Flies: 12.5 lbs 10-10-10

• I’m aiming for 10 reps now because Frank Zane advocates it in his book so that’s what I’m going after.

Dips: 90 lbs Counter-Weight 10-10-10

Dumbbell Pullovers: 10-10-10
*Shoulders still feel weird on this one, any suggestions on how to improve that? It feels like if I go past a certain point the muscle will “pop” out of form or something. really weird feeling.

Aside from all that I obviously have to step up the weight on the ones I did perfect 10’s for.

I don’t want to sound rude but I’m confused why you are scared to use the locker room but happy to post pictures online?
As for the lifting just keep being consistent. Try to go the rest of the year without missing any workouts.

1 Like

Yay! You did it! The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

2 Likes

True dat.

Btw, can anyone give me feedback on the starred areas? Particularly the shaking legs and weird shoulders.

Your legs will be wobbling just because you’re struggling to stabilize yourself, it’s nothing to worry about.
10 reps is fine for flyes.
I’d suggest either something like shoulder dislocations before and trying to increase your range of motion or just pick a different exercise.

1 Like

You’ve never worked out before and assuming my never played sports. Your muscles are not accustomed to the movement patterns.

Despite lifting, running, playing sports my whole life, when I came back from an injury I had the same issue with squats. It will take several times doing the same exercise before you become proficient in the movement. Just keep after it.

Alslo, I’ve spent my whole life in and out of locker rooms, the only time people ever cared to pay attention to someone else was in middle school. Literally no one gives a fuck if you wear sweats over shorts. I wouldn’t even notice if I saw that.

Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

So today I did core/cardio:

Ab Roller (tough as fuck lol, I couldn’t do full range): 5-5-5

Reverse Crunch: (changed my form from straight legs to curled legs) 10-10-10-10-10

Leg Lowering Drill: (by far the most brutal) 3.5-1.5-fail

Back Extension: (no weight, I’ll use weights next time) 10-10-10

Wasn’t able to do fat man chin ups because all the bars were being used so I did Dual Pully Pulldowns instead: 27.5 lbs 10-10-10

Good job! The ab roller is tough as fuck for everybody at first. It takes a bit to get to full ROM.

1 Like

What was your cardio?

Thanks man! :slight_smile:

This was… someone on this forum said I should do these exercises only with little to no break in between rest for cardio. Fat Man Chin Ups was one of the exercises the guy suggested.

Fives on the ab roller is pretty decent for a first go.

You’re turning up, and you’re also getting over obstacles here and there so there’s definitely hope.

Don’t worry about shaking or wobbling. Keep plugging away and eventually you’ll get better.

1 Like

Well, those weren’t full motions on the ab roller. Only about half way extended each time.

As for the hope lol, I wasn’t aware there might not be any hope? Confused. but thanks… I think. :confused:

Can’t speak for others, but this definitely made me think you were throwing in the towel.

Keep plugging along and making yourself better.

2 Likes

I see. Well don’t worry, I’ve taken winters off since I first started training years ago. It’s never stopped me from going back come spring. I have good discipline.

Taking winters off has provided you with very little to no benefit.

That may be true, but you’re working against yourself. You won’t achieve the results you desire without consistency.

I don’t doubt that may be true now. But, it’s hard to agree when you say you have taken winters off.

That’s all water under the bridge now. Keep putting the work in.

1 Like

Yep, will do.

Ok. Did leg day today. It was exhausting. I must need to eat more or something.

Third World Squats: 65lbs 10-8-6 (I was getting dizzy on this one)

Kneeling Leg Curl: 35 lbs 10- 9 right leg 8 left leg - 7

Standing Calf Raises: 210lbs 25-25

Leg Extensions: 30lbs 4-4 (legs were shaking violently so I switched to 10 lbs for the next set. legs still shook. weight wasn’t the issue I guess)

Yesterday I did back day. I also weighed myself.

I currently weigh 160lbs (adding more food has definitely helped in this regard). I’ll try another week at my current calories and see how it goes. I’m looking to get a lean 2lbs a week.

As for back day, here are the results:

Underhanded pulldown: 75lbs 10-10-10

Straight Arm Pulldowns: 50lbs 10-10-10

Cable Row: 60lbs 10-10-10

Deadlifts: 95lbs 10-10-10

Bicep Curls: 17.5lbs 10-10 (switched to 15lbs because I was going to fail and Frank Zane says not to fail)
15lbs 8 (failed anyways on 8. I guess I’ll try doing 15lbs for all 3 sets next time)

There it is. Looks like i can go up in some areas.

You have been doing good! Drag your ass in there, and get it done today.

2 Likes