SargeMaximus' Training Log

Gas again. >< Definitely gotta change my diet, which sucks. I’m running out of foods my body can tolerate that are high in calories and/or protein.

Anyhow:

Back and Chest Day:

Incline push-ups (14)
8-8-8-5(fail)

Pull-ups with Counter-Weight:

110 lbs 8
90 lbs 8-9-8-8
80 lbs next time

Maybe it’s the raw eggs?

1 Like

Could be. I’ll go without for the next few days to see.

Definitely could have been the raw eggs. went without them yesterday and the gas was significantly reduced. Of course, I also had less beans. Currently looking for replacements for calories/protein/fibre.

In the meantime, I did leg day yesterday:

Leg Day:

Squats:
135 lbs 8-8-8-8-8
(Pain in right knee)

Kneeling Leg Curl:

40 lbs 8-8-8(last rep NIF)
50 lbs 8-8

Leg Extensions:

35 lbs 8
40 lbs 8-8-8-8(NIF)

Standing Calf Raises:
330lbs 25-25

Well I definitely think the raw eggs were causing the gas. I was able to do my workout without even thinking about it. Thank god.

I was able to go HARD but at the same time, I’ve been eating less tho so I wasn’t as strong and saw a reduction in strength.

Anyhow, weighed myself today: 167.8 lbs so I’m definitely losing weight. Just gotta find some quick/simple alternatives to the raw eggs that don’t conflict with things too much.

Anyhow, the workout:

Back and Arms Day:

Underhanded Pulldown:

50 lbs 8-8(last rep NIF)
42.5 lbs 8(last rep NIF)
35 lbs 8-8

Straight Arm Pulldowns:

25 lbs 8
30 lbs 8-8-8(last rep NIF)
40 lbs 8(last rep NIF)

Cable Row:

35 lbs 8-8-8-8-8(2NIF)

Shrugs:

50 lbs 8-8-8-8-8

Bicep Curls:

17.5 lbs 8-8-8
15 lbs 8-8(1assist left)

Lateral Raise:

30 lbs 8-8-8(2NIF)
35 lbs 8-8-

Can you not cook them? I make scrambled eggs in a bowl on a morning and it takes no more than 10 minutes to make and eat them.

Don’t have a stove. lol. I could boil them but boiled eggs have always been hard for me to eat.

I just microwave them, could you do that?

Well I have a mircrowave oven, I’ll look into how to do that. Temp/time etc. Thanks.

1 Like

I crack them in a plastic bowl, add some salt, pepper and a little milk, mix then microwave for about a minute, scramble a bit then another minute with an 800W microwave. Could definitely be a bit better but it’s mostly just experimenting.

Yeah my only fear is that the heat will break my ceramic bowl and the eggs will pour out lol. Worth trying tho because eggs are super good. And cooked eggs on rice? Yum!

Pretty sure you’d have to hit close to 1,000 F for a ceramic bowl to melt.

2 Likes

Ceramic actually has a higher melting point that most metals I think.

1 Like

Cool, I didn’t know that. Thanks guys. Will be trying it shortly.

EDIT: So in the toaster oven (that’s what I meant when I said microwave oven earlier, my mistake) it took around 15 minutes to cook but they were a bit dry. I could probably reduce that next time. They taste good tho.

So the eggs aren’;t causing me gas and my diet seems to be on point.

Core Day:

Dumbbell Side sides): (
35 lbs 8(slow)-8-8(slow)-8-8(slow)

Reverse Crunch (5 sets):
20-20(slow)-20-20(slow)-20

Leg Lowering Drill (5 sets):
5-3(fail)

That’s… Astonishing

I’m a bit late for the discussion, but I wouldn’t drink raw eggs because of

1. The salmonella risk
  2. Low bioavailability (absorption)
1 Like

Yeah long story but basically i live in a basement suite thats only legal if theres no stove.

As for the raw eggs, yeah. My body didn’t like them at all.

So I have gas again. Maybe I’m just alergic to egss because I was fine till I started eating them (cooked this time) again.

So yeah, I’ll finish them off but replace em with something comparible.

I went to the gym today but the gas got bad at the end so I left early. Got the majority of my leg-day exercises in tho:

Leg Day:

Squats:
135 lbs 8-8-8

Kneeling Leg Curl:

35 lbs 8(fail)
40 lbs 8-8
50 lbs 8-8

Leg Extensions:

35 lbs 8
40 lbs 8-8-8-8

Ok. definitely losing weight.

Weight: 166.4 lbs

Gonna have to look into foods to beef things up. Maybe I’ll eat more rice. I don’t think I’m having any bad reactions to that.

Back and Arms Day:

Underhanded Pulldown:

42.5 lbs 8-8-6(fail)

35 lbs 8-8

Straight Arm Pulldowns:

30 lbs 8-8-8-8

40 lbs 8-

Cable Row:

27.5 lbs 8-8
35 lbs 8
42.5 lbs 8-6(fail)

Shrugs:

50 lbs 8-8-8-8-9

• using Calf raise machine because the dumbbells are getting too heavy and I lose my grip.

Bicep Curls:

17.5 lbs 8
15 lbs 8-8-8-8

Lateral Raise:

25 lbs 8
30 lbs 8

40 lbs 8-8-8

What did you use to replace the eggs?

By the way, eggs are highly allergenic, but if you don’t eat them for 6-8 weeks now you should be fine with eating them again after that

2 Likes