SargeMaximus' Training Log

20 days since chest and triceps day? What program is this again?

Today is tricep day provided I can keep my gas under control.

I would love to be so advanced in my training that I could skip days due to gas.

As it stands, I am so far behind I ended up training 2 days after ACL reconstruction.

1 Like

Well it depends right. I mean gas? I’ll go and see if I can make it work.

Hangnail? Won’t even bother.

I recommend a full body, upper/lower or push/pull routine. Your body part frequency is to low with your current program.

What will that routine accomplish that mine doesn’t?

Also, will that routine allow for chest expansion to deal with my pectus excavatum?
I chose the exercises I did mostly to accommodate that.

Which exercises? Those you have not done in 3 weeks will not help anything. I’m just curious why you are skipping days. Why not do the missed day of the routine the next day you are able to train?

The last 30 days your priority according to this log has been:
Back and arms x7
Legs x3
Core x2 (none of these were complete)
Chest and triceps x2

How many of the exercises are chosen to help your condition?

Weight: 169.5 lbs (most of that is water weight. I weighed myself this morning and I was 164)

Chest and Tricep Day:

Incline Dumbbell Press:

20 lbs 2
22.5 lbs 8-8-8-8-6(Fail)

Flies:

Dumbbell:

20 lbs 8-8-8-8-8

Dips with Counter Weight:

85 lbs 8
100 lbs 8-8-8-8

Incline Push-Ups: (14)
4(Fail)

Dubbell Pullovers:

35 lbs 8-8-8-8-8

Didn’t see this till now (had my reply written but didn’t post)

I’m trying to get into the routine, really. I skipped days because of gas almost every time. I’ve found if I eat a different meal before the gym it’s not so bad (least it wasn’t today) so there’s hope.

All the back exercisers are chosen for the condition. As well as the dumbbell pullovers. I train back 2X as much as chest also because of the condition. Core day I want to have different exercises because ab roller is hurting my back. So is the back extension exercise.

Why not try combinig back and chest day? Do half the exercises of each day on one day and the rest on another or (my favourite) superset every pushing exercise with a pulling exercise. Last one saves time so unless just being in the gym is your goal you should try it.

Example:

Dips
Pull-ups (band or machine assisted if needed)

Cable Pullover (attach the cable to a dumbbell if needed)
Cable rows

Incline DB press
DB rows

(No curls needed)

Well I could but why? Wioll it improve my progress or something?

Also, I need a bicep/arm exercise as my arms are very skinny. Not so bad anymore since working them, but still skinny.

Well, yeah and you won’t cure skinnyness by doing some curls. Are you telling me that your are not using your biceps when doing pulldowns/pullups? My suggestion was mostly to have you doing your chest exercises as well. Just do your curls if you want.

1 Like

Yes, yes it will. We all told you that in your first thread. You’ve learned but doing what your doing as far as MMC, but it would be worth your while to do an actual program. Unlike what you’re doing now, a program has a sequence of progression and defined objectives.

That’s fair Chris, but I really do need to do these exercises for my PE. I also need to do back day twice as often as chest day for the same reason. Now if there’s a program that includes all that I’d be happy to do it.

Incline push-ups
Pull-ups (band or machine assisted if needed)

DB Pullover
DB rows

Bench press
Pull-down

Included some of the most recommended exercises for PE…

You don’t need to do back day 3.5 times your chest day as you have the last month.

1 Like

Fair enbough man,m thanks. Can I do DB Press instead of bench press tho? I got no one to spot me.

Also, with this augmentation I’m freeing up a day at the gym. So things’ll look like this:

• Core Day
  • Back and Chest Day
  • Leg Day
  • Back Exclusive day

I just put bench press in there because it was one of the recommended exercises I found. DB bench will be fine I guess. No safety bars in your gym?

I’d say four gym sessions is enough as it is quite hard to fit in more in a busy schedule.

There’s nothing preventing you from training your back in some form or fashion everyday.

You’re telling me lol.

Ok cool, thanks. I’ll give this a try. As for safety bars, I’m not sure, I’ve never used the benches there. I’ll check it out.

Well unless I get my own weights I definitely have to go to the gym to train and I can’t do that everyday. But 2:1 back:chest ratio is good enough.

Core Day:

Dumbbell Side sides):
30 lbs 8(slow)-8-8(slow)-8-8(slow)

Reverse Crunch (5 sets):
20-20(slow)-20-20(slow)-20

Leg Lowering Drill (5 sets):
5-4(NIF last 10 seconds)