Sarah's Powerlifting Journey

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Hi there. Nice job on the meet. Those are great numbers and all the lifts looked solid.

Good luck on the cut. I just did one myself as I had a really tough time making weight at my last meet. It’s worth cutting a bit now to avoid the stress later.[/quote]

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! Thanks for the feedback. I’m sitting at 161.8 already! Yay! I know it’s going to slow here very soon, but I’m going to keep kicking butt when it does.

[quote]tropicalshoes wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Hi there. Nice job on the meet. Those are great numbers and all the lifts looked solid.

Good luck on the cut. I just did one myself as I had a really tough time making weight at my last meet. It’s worth cutting a bit now to avoid the stress later.[/quote]

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! Thanks for the feedback. I’m sitting at 161.8 already! Yay! I know it’s going to slow here very soon, but I’m going to keep kicking butt when it does.

[/quote]

What federation do you lift in?

I’m sitting at exactly the same weight as you (162.0 this morning) and am also dieting down to 155ish to make the 158 class. Diet buddies? haha I’m bummed they don’t have the 148 class or the 165 class anymore. It’s 138, 158, and 184 for USAPL. There’s no way in hell I’d try to go down to 138. I might actually look like a skeleton. And I’m not holding enough muscle for me not to look gross at 184. :stuck_out_tongue: So 158 it is for me.

For your height, 148 seems like a very reasonable weight to cut down to. You totally got this! :slight_smile:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[/quote]

Winter equals too much cheese and chocolate for me. I lift at 57kg (125.5) and don’t have a ton of room for leeway.

Was that your first meet?

AM I EVER GOING TO LIVE DOWN THE NOSE TORK FLUB??!!

But furreal, I’m going so save a fresh one and open it up just for your last deadlift in August ;);):wink:

Went in for some squats yesterday. And WOW I thought I was fine until I got under that bar… Hips were hella tight and definitely am not over this weekend yet… Haha

135x8 normal stance
225x8 super low wide stance pause squats
275x5 normal stance
225x5

Did hamstring and calf raises and foam rolled too.

Today I hit the gym for some ARM and SHOULDER day… don’t judge me…

Curls for the girls… worked up to 45’s just because it’s funny to see people’s reactions in the gym…
usually rep with 27.5’s, did shoulder raises, kept it pretty simple today.

[quote]Babypowerlifter wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[/quote]

I’m sitting at exactly the same weight as you (162.0 this morning) and am also dieting down to 155ish to make the 158 class. Diet buddies? haha I’m bummed they don’t have the 148 class or the 165 class anymore. It’s 138, 158, and 184 for USAPL. There’s no way in hell I’d try to go down to 138. I might actually look like a skeleton. And I’m not holding enough muscle for me not to look gross at 184. :stuck_out_tongue: So 158 it is for me.

For your height, 148 seems like a very reasonable weight to cut down to. You totally got this! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I’ve done SPF, doing USPA in August, I honestly want to do a bunch around me, i’m not going to be partial to any one fed, any time soon. AND YAS, DIET BUDDIES, I need the motivation to keep multiple oreo’s out of this mouth…

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[/quote]

Winter equals too much cheese and chocolate for me. I lift at 57kg (125.5) and don’t have a ton of room for leeway.

Was that your first meet?
[/quote]

FIRST FULL MEET!! AND DON’T EVEN TALK ABOUT JUNK FOOD RIGHT NOW :wink:

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
AM I EVER GOING TO LIVE DOWN THE NOSE TORK FLUB??!!

But furreal, I’m going so save a fresh one and open it up just for your last deadlift in August ;););)[/quote]

THE ANSWER IS NO.

& yeah, I think that is a really good idea Danny, or else I would fear for your safety… :wink:

Is that 45 lb bells, or 135 with a bar? Either way, holy hell that’s strong!

[quote]justrob wrote:

[/quote]

Oh just 225 on the bar for reps…

Naw. 45 Dumbbells. Haha

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’ve done SPF, doing USPA in August, I honestly want to do a bunch around me, i’m not going to be partial to any one fed, any time soon. AND YAS, DIET BUDDIES, I need the motivation to keep multiple oreo’s out of this mouth…
[/quote]

Yeah, seriously. I had a really healthy dinner last night of cod, wild rice, broccoli and asparagus and then ruined it with drinking way too much white wine, haha. I have a hard time with moderation…

[quote]justrob wrote:

[/quote]

Oh just 225 on the bar for reps…

Naw. 45 Dumbbells. Haha [/quote]
I like to imagine it’s a new person taking these pictures every time.

Yeah, seriously. I had a really healthy dinner last night of cod, wild rice, broccoli and asparagus and then ruined it with drinking way too much white wine, haha. I have a hard time with moderation…

[/quote]

I did great today… but not the best yesterday, may have had 4 or 5 bourbons, a snag of some cheese fries, donuts, and a bit of burger yesterday. I wasn’t going too overboard, but already back on track :wink:

Yesterday, hit some training with my squad in Lexington.

Tried sumo’s for the first time, and WOAH those are going to get some getting used to.
Worked up to 315 for a couple doubles, after focusing on form at first with lighter weight obviously. Definitely will be interesting too see how these will translate over into my conventional pulls.

ALSO, totally got crazy and tried knee wraps for the first time, hit 345, 375, and 405 with them!

385 with sleeves was at the meet, so I obviously was beyond pumped. Will aim for 425ish for my next meet in August @ 148. BIG GOALS! CRAZY GOALS!

I guess, I also got a little crazy, and squatted my friend Kelsey for Reps. She deadlifted me too…

Squatting Kelsey- Sarah Cattan on Instagram: "Just squatting the swolemate @a_naked_person_just ❤️ 14 times after hitting a 405 squat. You don't need a gym to stay in shape.. Just lift your friends... Flexing in the back provided by fellow meat heads @ellinio420 @thedannyamon @metalfujimi"
405 SQUAT- Sarah Cattan on Instagram: "This be a 405 squat. It ain't the prettiest but I'll take it 😜. #fit #fitfam #fitspo #igfitness #instafit #powerlifting #165raw #girlswholift #squatbooty #squat #quads #gainz #dyel #gym #motivation #misc #mirin #aware #iifym #flexibledieting #blessed #148raw #powerliftersgonegirly #bikini #lbeb #jackedandpasty #abs #powerbelly #strength #swole"

Another strong lady!

My favorite kind of log!

Just did a quick read through of the log, will read more when I’m not at work :X

[quote]Seachel_25 wrote:
Another strong lady!

My favorite kind of log!

Just did a quick read through of the log, will read more when I’m not at work :X[/quote]

It’s not that long jeez! Haha thanks for following.

Monday I hit the gym for arm day. I’m a total sucker for some accessory work.

Yesterday was a higher volume accessory leg day. My body hurts today. Owwww. Proof above.

Leg extension 50x12x2
30x 20

Front squats

45x20
95x10
135x10
45x20

Hip thrust 65x10
95x10
135x7

Hamstring curls 25 each leg
25x10 x 2

Both legs 50x14
70x10

Kick backs ten each leg x 10

Leg press 225x20x3

Body weight squat x50

Bench - Thursday’s workout 4/30

45x10
95x7
135x3
135x4
65x10

Underhand
65x10
65x11
X10

Side shoulder raises
15each handx 20x16

Shoulder press 15x15 30x10x2

Got super burnt at oaks on Friday. Worked all day Saturday as a Bacardi girl. One of the most exhausting weekends ever. Still found some energy to go kill it Sunday.

Sumo- stiff bar- second time pulling sumo, focusing on form on these.

135x10
185x8
225x4
315x3
345x1
365x1
365x1

Conventional â?? texas bar
325x1
325x4

Pullups- 20 with rest, 1-3 at a time
Face Pulls- 30lb x 15 x 3