'Sarah Palin is a F'ing Retard' - Colbert

If you ask me, Palin is pretty damn smart.

She’s getting groups to shell out $100K a pop to hear her speak; made millions in advances on a successful book. And if not a certified millionaire yet, is well on her way…and certainly will be by 2012.

You BETcha’!!!

Mufasa

[quote]pushharder wrote:

But perhaps the problem that lies therein is teenage boys whose balls have just barely dropped into their little bitty scrotums just may be f###ing retards if they think they are mature enough to start a thread about who the f###ing retards are. Thoughts? [/quote]

Well said, however If you checked my profile you’ll see that I’m no longer “a teenage boy whose balls have just barely dropped”. I’m 20, thank you very much. Check the pic there and you’ll see that I also have a healthy set of cojones as well.

Actually push, I know you like Palin. I’m legitimately curious about why you and others might see her as such a strong candidate. I think you know my style is to draw people out of the woodwork with comments like the title. I’ll be serious as long as you are, why do you see her as a strong politician?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
I’m curious, Hedo:

What exactly are the qualities of “a person like Cheney”?

It’s also worth mentioning again; Romney would lose the GOP ticket the Religious Right. They made that very clear in the last GOP primaries.

Mufasa[/quote]

Vast experience in both the private sector and in government. A practical and intimate knowledge of how things actually work and get done in the world. No ambition for the office of the president. Find someone like that who is in their 50-60’s, healthy and a conservative Republican and they would have a great ticket.

A brief look at Cheney’s record BEFORE being VP.

-White House Chief of Staff 75 - Ford Admin
-Congress 78-89

• Minority Whip 88-89
  • Sec. of Defense 89-93 (confirmed 92-0)
    -Council of Foreign Relations Director 93-95
    -Chairman and CEO of Halliburton 95-2000

Hell Cheney had 10 years of high level service under his belt while Biden was running with a plagiarized speech and life narrative.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Obama reads from a teleprompter because he doesn’t know what he’s going to say beforehand. He’s a sock puppet.

Putting key or interesting points on your hand is actually the mark of a thorough person who doesn’t want to let something slip through the cracks.

Isn’t he lawyer anyway? How did he speak to any jury or whatnot? Did they let him wheel in his teleprompter?[/quote]

I don’t know if he ever spoke to a jury. Many lawyers never do so.

As for what Obama’s work was, from http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/articles/davisminer5.html :

Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, P.C. (law firm)

In 1993 Barack Obama became a litigator of voting rights and employment cases with the law firm Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, P.C. (a.k.a. Davis Miner), where he remains a Counsel to this day. In 1994 Obama worked for Davis Miner on a case titled Barnett v. Daley, where he was part of a legal team that sought to raise the number of black super-majority voting districts in Chicago from 19 to 24. According to the judge in the case, Richard Posner, the Obama team held that “no black aldermanic (city council) candidate in Chicago has ever beaten a white in a ward that had a black majority of less than 62.6 percent, and it is emphatic that the ward in which the population is 55 percent black is not a black ward – is indeed a white ward, even though only 42 percent of its population is white.”

In a 1995 case known as Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank, Obama and his fellow attorneys charged that Citibank was making too few loans to black applicants and won the case.

Hedo:

In my way of thinking those are qualifications, not qualities.

(I guess that’s why I was confused).

Mufasa

Have an election right now and it would clearly show who the f’ing retard is.

[quote]loppar wrote:

On a serious note, I wonder why the American right cannot harness the obvious discontent with the Obama administration and push forward at least a semi literate candidate for the 2012 election.

[/quote]

You call Obama literate? You do this because the liberal media has not pointed out his many gaffes?

The guy is a walking disaster for this country, but you keep on believing what you like. Time is a heck of a harsh teacher.

I would actually LOVE for there to be an election right now to see how Palin and the “Just Say No” GOP would lift the World out of a global recession and get us out of two Wars costing more than $10 billion/month.

Mufasa

Definitely a fuckin retard. Why this is still a question is beyond me.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Definitely a fuckin retard. Why this is still a question is beyond me.[/quote]

No one wants to be known as a fuckin retard lover, and God knows, there’s lots of retard, fuckin retard love going on right now.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Hedo:

In my way of thinking those are qualifications, not qualities.

(I guess that’s why I was confused).

Mufasa[/quote]

Qualities are a little harder to quantify…but you are correct.

Leadership, confidence, organizational skills as well as loyalty and determination would be the qualities I see he has demonstrated over a broad, varied and distinguished career.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

You call Obama literate? You do this because the liberal media has not pointed out his many gaffes?

The guy is a walking disaster for this country, but you keep on believing what you like. Time is a heck of a harsh teacher.[/quote]

Seriously, what makes Obama so bad in your mind. Is he so much worse than Clinton. Or worse than Kerry or Gore would have been?

[quote]Schlenkatank wrote:
[
Well said, however If you checked my profile you’ll see that I’m no longer “a teenage boy whose balls have just barely dropped”. I’m 20, thank you very much. [/quote]
Now THAT ^^^^ is some funny shit.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

The guy is a walking disaster for this country, but you keep on believing what you like. Time is a heck of a harsh teacher.[/quote]

Seriously, what makes Obama so bad in your mind. Is he so much worse than Clinton. Or worse than Kerry or Gore would have been?[/quote]

Zeb is parroting the right wing attack strategy of “attack their strength”. It’s been done for years.

Example: Kerry was chosen in part because the Dems wanted someone with a good war record to counter the Reps ‘Dems are weak on defense’ attacks. Instead of ceding this to Kerry, the right wing attack machine attacked Kerry’s strength on this, using the Swiftboat stuff.

Same with Obama. He’s relatively literate and educated and intelligent (he comes off smarter than he is, just as Bush comes off dumber than he is). So, they attack that by coming up with the silly/hypocritical ‘he uses a teleprompter sometimes’ charge (it’s silly/hypocritical because all politicians do this at times).

A similar attack on Obama was when he was running and was popular they tried to turn that against him by attacking him as a celebrity, implying that there was no substance to him, just celebrity – attacking Obama’s perceived strength.

Anyone who parrots these types of attacks (by both liberal/left and conservative/right) shows a shallow and ignorant (not stupid – uninformed) political understanding, is being played for a sap, and is doing harm to our country.

Note: I’m not an Obama fan, or Palin fan, or Bush fan, or Republican or Democrat – I think they’re all doing some bad things for/to our country (USA), and some good things. A pox on the loony extremes of both the left and right, who care more about hurting the other than helping fix our mess.

[quote]Nick Danger wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Seriously, what makes Obama so bad in your mind. Is he so much worse than Clinton. Or worse than Kerry or Gore would have been?[/quote]

Zeb is parroting the right wing attack strategy of “attack their strength”. It’s been done for years.

Example: Kerry was chosen in part because the Dems wanted someone with a good war record to counter the Reps ‘Dems are weak on defense’ attacks. Instead of ceding this to Kerry, the right wing attack machine attacked Kerry’s strength on this, using the Swiftboat stuff.

Same with Obama. He’s relatively literate and educated and intelligent (he comes off smarter than he is, just as Bush comes off dumber than he is). So, they attack that by coming up with the silly/hypocritical ‘he uses a teleprompter sometimes’ charge (it’s silly/hypocritical because all politicians do this at times).

A similar attack on Obama was when he was running and was popular they tried to turn that against him by attacking him as a celebrity, implying that there was no substance to him, just celebrity – attacking Obama’s perceived strength.

Anyone who parrots these types of attacks (by both liberal/left and conservative/right) shows a shallow and ignorant (not stupid – uninformed) political understanding, is being played for a sap, and is doing harm to our country.

Note: I’m not an Obama fan, or Palin fan, or Bush fan, or Republican or Democrat – I think they’re all doing some bad things for/to our country (USA), and some good things. A pox on the loony extremes of both the left and right, who care more about hurting the other than helping fix our mess.

[/quote]

I was with you for a lot of this, right up until you talked about government fixing the mess. I believe it far outside the ability or right of a government to pro-actively fix the mess.

are you guys really calling obama relatively literate? the arrogance that pervades this board is remarkable. who are you guys to be calling a man who taught at one of our nation’s best law schools “relatively literate?”

as far as teleprompters go, EVERYONE USES THEM! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/President_Reagan_gives_the_State_of_the_Union_Address_to_Congress_1988.jpg

Palin is a moron with absolutely NO qualifications to be in charge of anything. I actually LIKE some of the teabagger’s agenda. But her stupidity turns me away. They would be far better off without her. I honestly have to question the intelligence (sanity?) of anyone who would want this dumb bitch in office.

[quote]dhickey wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

So instead of voting for a candidate with a legit chance, you vote for a hope and a dream?
[/quote]
I am not voting for a hope and a dream. I didn’t particularly care for any of the libertarian candidates I voted for. It was a statement to the republican party. My vote told them (if they were listening) that they are not acting like conservatives. They should be able to see votes for the Libertarians and Constitutionalist as votes they could have if they acted like conservatives. How else can I tell them? Calls? Emails? Republican lines were flooded before the TARP vote. Look where that got us.

If they put up real conservatives, I will vote for them.

And most people are not “thinkers”. Most people are too caught up in American Idol or Desperate Housewives to really care who is running their country. Why should this have anything to do with my vote?

You are better than this. Unless you are lumping Republicans and Democrats into “Liberals”, this is silly.

And the Republicans you would have me vote for are not willing to do it. They are taking us down the exact same path as the Democrats. Just at a slightly slower pace.[/quote]

The last two statements of yours are in apparent conflict.

Yes, I lump Republicans and Democrats under the same label. Republicans HAVE been the ‘Me-Too!’ party when it comes to spending, big government , and so on. GW comes to mind.

So, I guess what I’m really saying is: vote Republican but for the one who is the most conservative. If he or she fails, still vote Republican versus Dem, but keep pushing. Rome was neither built nor destroyed in a day.

I get discouraged as well but voting Libertarian (a philosophy with which I heartily agree) is to abandon the field of battle.

Actually, no one has the qualifications to be “in charge” so that argument is moot.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

This is what makes him so bad:

-Pushing government controlled health care

-Pushing cap and trade

-Bowing to foreign leaders

-Ignoring the Iran problem

-Tripling the national debt

-Failed jobs stimulus package

-Waffling over sending more troops to Afghanistan (when the lead generals were begging for more)

-Cash for clunkers, certainly one of the dumbest things that’s ever taken place. Buying assets and then destroying them, sheesh.

-Letting the White Hose be over run with lobbyist, when he specifically campaigned against such things.

-Completely shutting out the republican party and trying to ram health care through when the public didn’t want it.

-Not being able to address a 6th grade class without a teleprompter.

Where do I begin?

It’s almost not a matter of being far too liberal, which he is. This guy is an inexperienced DISASTER!

I would love to see Bill Clinton in the White House over this guy. Do you remember when the republicans took the majority in the mid-term elections? (are you old enough?) Bill Clinton got the message and worked with Newt Gingrich to pass “workfare,” and many other middle of the road bills. Obama loses three major elections, one of which was Scott Brown in Mass. What is the message that he gets? “I have to keep pushing health care and give more speeches, the people don’t fully understand”. WOW!

I’m older than most on this site and I can remember a good many Presidents coming into office and not shining their first year. I’m also a student of Presidential history as well and all I can say is that it is my sincerest wish that we can get through these next 3 years without going into a depression or suffering a major attack on our country. Obama has proven himself thus far to be the worst President (one year per one year) in our history. I truly shudder to think what will happen if we don’t at least get a republican majority in the Senate or the House this November