T Nation

'Sarah Palin is a F'ing Retard' - Colbert

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2010/02/09/what-do-sarah-palins-hand-notes-say-about-her-presidential-prospects.html

http://www.hulu.com/watch/126840/the-colbert-report-mon-feb-8-2010#s-p1-so-i0

What do you think? Colbert makes his Palin comments after the first break. I have to say that after hearing her bash president Obama for “all that hopey changey stuff”, it is incredibly ironic to see her write “uplift the American spirit” as a talking point for her political goals on her hand. Not good that she needs crib notes for a few basic thoughts either. One would hope that she already has at least an elementary grasp of her own political perspective. But perhaps therein lies the problem, she just may be a f###ing retard. Thoughts?

Oh God here we go…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

GO!!!

push, that was f###ing hilarious.

Anyways, I really don’t like Palin. Besides that “I’m a darn tootin American” bullcrap or whatever she says, every time I hear her talk, she really doesn’t say anything… Just stuff like, ‘we need to get America back on track’, and then throw in a diss or two at Obama, etc, without really saying anything constructive.

To be fair, I dont see too many politicians that make anything other than vague blanket statements. Hers are just less eloquent.

[quote]666Rich wrote:
To be fair, I dont see too many politicians that make anything other than vague blanket statements. Hers are just less eloquent.[/quote]

This.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]666Rich wrote:
To be fair, I dont see too many politicians that make anything other than vague blanket statements. Hers are just less eloquent.[/quote]

This.[/quote]

I spent ten fucking minutes trying to figure out your stupid avatar.

[quote]Schlenkatank wrote:
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2010/02/09/what-do-sarah-palins-hand-notes-say-about-her-presidential-prospects.html

What do you think? Colbert makes his Palin comments after the first break. I have to say that after hearing her bash president Obama for “all that hopey changey stuff”, it is incredibly ironic to see her write “uplift the American spirit” as a talking point for her political goals on her hand. Not good that she needs crib notes for a few basic thoughts either. One would hope that she already has at least an elementary grasp of her own political perspective. But perhaps therein lies the problem, she just may be a f###ing retard. Thoughts?[/quote]

/sarcasm

This story is nothing more than a conspiracy by the liberal fascist media who are trying to spread their anti-God Darwinian agenda and destroy America and everything it stands for.

I wonder how people can worry about such trifles when there is a unborn baby-killing Islam-loving black communist Kenyan in the White House?

/end of sarcasm

On a serious note, I wonder why the American right cannot harness the obvious discontent with the Obama administration and push forward at least a semi literate candidate for the 2012 election.

Obama reads from a teleprompter because he doesn’t know what he’s going to say beforehand. He’s a sock puppet.

Putting key or interesting points on your hand is actually the mark of a thorough person who doesn’t want to let something slip through the cracks.

Isn’t he lawyer anyway? How did he speak to any jury or whatnot? Did they let him wheel in his teleprompter?

Sarah vs Hillary, 2012. And Sarah will crush Senora Psycho-Bitch…

Honestly, that speech made me see why people like her. It made me almost feel it myself. I’m not sure how best to put this … she is a very good nationalist. (From my perspective, of course, the part of us that cheers for her kind of rhetoric is our darkest side.)

I think she’ll run and may even be nominated.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
I think she’ll run and may even be nominated.[/quote]

I guess I’ll have to vote for the Libertarian again.

I do think she provides some value. It’s become obvious to me that this is a battle for the simple minded or politically lazy vote. Those with a real interest in politics have already picked a side and are unlikely to change. If the simple minded or politically lazy are going to vote, why not get them to vote for your side?

If she were rallying the troops for a more apt conservative (a real one), I would buy 10 of her books just to say thank you. I just don’t see anyway I can vote for a ticket with her on it.

[quote]dhickey wrote:

[quote]AlisaV wrote:

I guess I’ll have to vote for the Libertarian again.

I do think she provides some value. It’s become obvious to me that this is a battle for the simple minded or politically lazy vote. Those with a real interest in politics have already picked a side and are unlikely to change. If the simple minded or politically lazy are going to vote, why not get them to vote for your side?

If she were rallying the troops for a more apt conservative (a real one), I would buy 10 of her books just to say thank you. I just don’t see anyway I can vote for a ticket with her on it. [/quote]

So instead of voting for a candidate with a legit chance, you vote for a hope and a dream? Look, America is a middle-of-the-road country. Libertarians simply don’t match with how most people are. Most people’s philosophy is a mish mash of Christian altruism with crackerbarrel folksy egoism.

If you want a particular philosophy in government, it has to happen slowly. It took a century for Liberals to make a mess of the country. It’ll take another century of GRADUAL change to return it to glory.

Yes, Ms. Palin is a dumb bitch who is nothing but a party hack trying to prolong her ten mineuts in the spotlight, unfortunately, she’s making toxic a movement (the Teaabaggers) that might otherwise actually force some real change in the “conservative” mainstream, in a more libertarian, fiscally responsible direction.

Instead, she gives us more of the same: an inarticulate neo-con redneck, who prays on fear and racism, and would sooner doubly our national debt on some “mission from God”, than restore an ounce of civil liberty or fiscal responsibility were she in charge.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
Honestly, that speech made me see why people like her. It made me almost feel it myself. I’m not sure how best to put this … she is a very good nationalist. (From my perspective, of course, the part of us that cheers for her kind of rhetoric is our darkest side.)

I think she will not on be nominated but will crush Obama in a Reaganesque landslide. Perhaps he will carry Ill. but that’s about it. I’d look for her to have a strong VP candidate, someone like Romney although if she could find someone like Cheney it would be perfect!

The anger against the Democrats and their left wing ideology is seething right now. Democrats are being swept out in every special election being held. The silent majority is energized and are no longer silent. In fact they are pissed.

Sure teens and young 20’s still worship the messiah but with a 50% unemployment rate in that demographic only the very foolish or naive will still support him for much longer.

So what?! She’s hot for an older mom type.

Pretty girls don’t have to be smart.

Just watch a beauty contest to be reassured of this.

I’m curious, Hedo:

What exactly are the qualities of “a person like Cheney”?

It’s also worth mentioning again; Romney would lose the GOP ticket the Religious Right. They made that very clear in the last GOP primaries.

Mufasa

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

So instead of voting for a candidate with a legit chance, you vote for a hope and a dream?
[/quote]
I am not voting for a hope and a dream. I didn’t particularly care for any of the libertarian candidates I voted for. It was a statement to the republican party. My vote told them (if they were listening) that they are not acting like conservatives. They should be able to see votes for the Libertarians and Constitutionalist as votes they could have if they acted like conservatives. How else can I tell them? Calls? Emails? Republican lines were flooded before the TARP vote. Look where that got us.

If they put up real conservatives, I will vote for them.

And most people are not “thinkers”. Most people are too caught up in American Idol or Desperate Housewives to really care who is running their country. Why should this have anything to do with my vote?

You are better than this. Unless you are lumping Republicans and Democrats into “Liberals”, this is silly.

And the Republicans you would have me vote for are not willing to do it. They are taking us down the exact same path as the Democrats. Just at a slightly slower pace.