Sarah Huckabee Sanders: Thoughts?

Serious inquiry, Beans.

I need to understand your definition of a “Partisan Hack” if in your mind Sanders is NOT one.

He is trying and when his supporters go around calling anything they don’t like to hear (this is generation snowflake after all) fake news while they tune into Alex Jones (who is complete human filth) then I would say he is doing a good job of legitimizing the concept of a free press.

Oh he’s trying to? Because people are choosing to believe who or what they want to? Wow. Earth shattering revelation. Sounds a lot like every other partisan zombie I’ve heard of. lol Trumps approval rating is a dumpster fire yet you think he has more influence over his followers to believe what he wants them to believe than, say, Obama did when he derided Fox News (used for a point of reference that’s relevant)? GTFO with this ridiculousness right now.

I’ll ask it differently, is Trump’s attempt to “stifle free press” more or less effective than Obama? Or is this apples and oranges? Why?

1 Like

Because of the context of her job, and the administration she works for.

I’m not sure if you noticed or not, but trump is a wee bit fucking “out there”. I think for people in his admin to play favorites, or appear to play favorites, to any significant degree is a bad look.

In this context yes. But in others no.

I have no problem with each and every administration making enemies out of everyone. Maybe, just maybe, we as a country will be willing to take some of the power out of POTUS’s hands then…

1 Like

Another good point in the defense of “holding the press in contempt”.

They don’t rule us, anyone or anything. They provide information. The more that are full of shit, or selectively tell tales, the worse we all are off.

I face the same in my profession. The more snakes we have, the less trust we have, and the less money I can make. And it should be like this.

Did I even mention Obama? I suggest you avoid any attempts at trying to guess my political affiliation or ideology when forming opinions about my opinions because I don’t fall for the tribalist thinking. The very fact that you pull the,“but, but Obama,” like people used to pull the, “but, but Bush,” says that I don’t need to avoid trying to guess where you fall on the political spectrum as it’s quite clear.

But to answer your question, Trump’s attempts are at least as effective as Obama’s with his supporters as Obama was with his. The difference is that Obama did not attack the very concept of the free press and say that any negative story in print or on TV was fake. So what was being attempted was different between the two of them.

And you might want to read the article you referenced.

1 Like

Separate her job requirements (being a hack for POTUS) from the notion of picking and choosing people in the press pool.

I’m not saying she’s not one, I’m saying it’s a better look for her to either shit on, or kiss ass of everyone in the press equally.

His admin is going to play favorites either way. He actively and openly plays favorites with the press. For his mouthpiece lackey to treat his supporters like shit while he plays favorites from the oval screams of a broken message to me.

I do. I don’t think the pros outweigh the cons.

No. You DID mention the founding fathers though. You were the one to begin with the equivalence.

Oh please try to guess my political affiliation. That ought to be fun lol.

I wasn’t presuming to guess anything. I used Obama’s derision towards right win press as a point of reference, not in an attempt to assume your political affiliation. Interesting, though, that’s where you went with that. Fuckin’ chapped your cheeks didn’t it lol

Legit question - When has Trump attacked specifically the “very concept of the free press”? Can you provide a quote regarding Trump saying “any negative story in print or on TV was fake.”? (I wouldn’t doubt he would say something so dumb, but I like proof).

And if he did, did he create a law prohibiting or abridging … the press?

About your last point, maybe, but the differences aren’t far removed from each other.

I did. It served it’s purpose.

Please excuse the shitty source.

My Favorite

Speaking at a rally in Fort Worth, Texas, on Friday, shortly after accepting an endorsement from New Jersey governor Chris Christie, Trump pledged if elected president to “open up our libel laws so when [newspapers] write purposely negative stories … we can sue them and make lots of money”.

This move, he said, would mean that “when the New York Times or the Washington Post writes a hit piece, we can sue them”.

1 Like

Thanks

I wouldn’t equate Obama with the Founders.

No, but it is telling that you would think in those terms. It’s the internet so don’t take it personally if I don’t take it personally.

Which was to point out the differences between Trump and everyone else?

Guess who wrote the following:
“Wow, so many Fake News stories today. No matter what I do or say, they will not write or speak truth. The Fake News Media is out of control!”

#imtriggered :roll_eyes:

I’d assume Trump given the conversation. Still not sure how he’s stifling free press - the case you’ve presented thus far is dismal. I’d imagine you’ve moved past this - so have I.

Good conversation though (genuinely). TTYL buddy.

Apparently you haven’t.

Like whatever

Pecan pie real or fake #piegate
Stay woke yall the truth is out there :eyes:

I particularly enjoyed Sanders’s smack down of the fake Indian Elizabeth Warren, who lied about being Native American to get into law school and lied about being Native American to get a job at Harvard.

“What I find offensive is Sen. Warren lying about her heritage to advance her career.”

The only quibble with Trump I’d have is I would call Warren “Fauxcahontis,” instead of “Pocahontas.”

1 Like

Would you call her that at an event designed to honor Native Americans?

serious question

1 Like

Absolutely it is appropriate to call out a fake like Sen. Warren who has stolen the honor of my fellow Native Americans by the fake claims she has made. It draws a contrast between real heros and the zeros like Sen. Warren.

And given that the Navajo Code Talker in question was co-chair of “Trump for President” group and also just shared his disgust of Fauxcahontis (although the Navajo Nation officially played it pretty close), he fully understood what Trump means.

1 Like

Good thing he speaks for all Native Americans. Why bother worrying about an entire demographic when you can just get the approval of one guy who already supports you.

Trump’s 4D chess will never cease to amaze