San Diego Up In Smoke

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Who threw the first stone?[/quote]You did.

You made a mistake. Stop blaming others like a kid, and be a man and own up to it.

Would it make you feel better if I told you I’m under tornado warning?

And if you want to flex some humanitarian muscle, I’ve spent more time aiding the lost and desolate than Al Sharpton has fixing his hair.

Katrina, Ivan, Hugo, OIF II and III, Red Cross, you name it.

Nick Danger, hi. Welcome to a segment of discussion in which your opinion was never called for.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Would it make you feel better if I told you I’m under tornado warning?

And if you want to flex some humanitarian muscle, I’ve spent more time aiding the lost and desolate than Al Sharpton has fixing his hair.

Katrina, Ivan, Hugo, OIF II and III, Red Cross, you name it.[/quote]

No it doesn’t make me feel better. Why would I wish ill on anyone? I might wish you would step in front of a truck but who doesn’t? ;]

wasn’t flexing any humanitarian muscle, you stated I did nothing to help. I also had the luxury of helping from work. A lot of people here who want to help can’t because teh freeways are CLOSED. They are trapped in their homes. Don’t try to turn it into me trying to up one on you. You started that.

Although you don’t come across as someone who exudes the milk of human kindness. Glad you helped where you could.

let’s let it go

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Nick Danger, hi. Welcome to a segment of discussion in which your opinion was never called for.[/quote]

Didn’t this start with your vitriolic opinion?

do as I say not as I do?

you’ve got to see the humor in that

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
I might wish you would step in front of a truck but who doesn’t? ;]
[/quote]

…touché, OctoberGirl. Touché

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Nick Danger, hi. Welcome to a segment of discussion in which your opinion was never called for.[/quote]

I see you’ve chosen the “kid” option.

You Sir have a lot of growing up to do.

Good luck with that.

I’ll defer to the Sage that opined “never argue with an idjit, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Nick out…

Grow up? Child, please.

Go find an “idjit” [sic] to preach that crap to.

There’s no damsel in distress here, she can take care of herself. No need to kiss her ass, buddy.

just want to say that i hope everybody out there is staying safe, along with their loved ones, and hopefully you guys can get some rain soon.

you’re in my prayers

–JB

Wow that was a great flame war on a big flaming thread.

Flaming like fire, not like Hillcrest.

My grandpa lives in Murietta. Hope he’s alright, I should call him this evening.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
The Otay fire was started by 2 teenage boys. I don’t even have the words to say how disgusted I am with that.

Ash is falling in my front lawn.

[/quote]

Free fertilizer!

Maybe some psycho nature activists will assassinate those kids. I honestly don’t know what would be a sufficient penalty. What will they get for this anyway?

Hard to believe you’re volunteering all your time saving the world and still manage to reply to Contrl every 5 min. It’s hard to believe someone’s really in a crisis and yet have nothing better to do than hit refresh over and over on T-Nation.

Having said that I still think Contrl’s an ass

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
The Otay fire was started by 2 teenage boys. I don’t even have the words to say how disgusted I am with that.

Ash is falling in my front lawn.

Free fertilizer!

Maybe some psycho nature activists will assassinate those kids. I honestly don’t know what would be a sufficient penalty. What will they get for this anyway?[/quote]

Ash from volcanoes are fertilizers. Burned ashes are just waste.

[quote]JonP wrote:
Hard to believe you’re volunteering all your time saving the world and still manage to reply to Contrl every 5 min. It’s hard to believe someone’s really in a crisis and yet have nothing better to do than hit refresh over and over on T-Nation.

Having said that I still think Contrl’s an ass[/quote]

my bad

I was trapped at home, still am, glued to my computer for news. Nothing too do but wait.

Here is a picture from my phone of the smoke line looking up over my backyard. You can smell it and see this big cloud of smoke.

So far so good. I am very near a reservoir and they have 2 navy copters that are doing water drops.

Here is the view outside towards the north looking down my driveway and across the street. I don’t know if you can see the line of brown smoke.

The smell is everywhere.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
My grandpa lives in Murietta. Hope he’s alright, I should call him this evening.[/quote]

I live in Murrieta. We are about 10 miles north of the 15 freeway closure. The smoke hasn’t really come up to our area. Over the weekend and on Monday we had more problems with sandstorms. I think the fires start about 30 miles south of Murrieta.

Seriously, this is a grave situation out here. I live downtown, and the sky has turned into that sickish orange brown color that you know means devestation abounds.

Hats off to the County and all of the fire services which have performed heroically. The County’s reverse 911 warning system appears to be working spectacularly well and has saved countless lives.

My thoughts and prayers are with all who are touched by these terrible fires. I think I’m safe downtown here, besides breathing in the rancid air.

[quote]TJN713 wrote:
Seriously, this is a grave situation out here. I live downtown, and the sky has turned into that sickish orange brown color that you know means devestation abounds.

Hats off to the County and all of the fire services which have performed heroically. The County’s reverse 911 warning system appears to be working spectacularly well and has saved countless lives.

My thoughts and prayers are with all who are touched by these terrible fires. I think I’m safe downtown here, besides breathing in the rancid air.[/quote]

I was watching the local news at lunch. So sad to see people losing their houses. I know a house can be replaced but I am sure it is very hard on the families. Hopefully people will listen to the evacuations and stay safe.