San Diego T-Nation?

I say a training session and a pwo lunch? lol

If TC would join that’d be awesome.

I can only say that I won’t know what dates to recommend until this summer. I’m moving Idk when fall semester starts yet, Idk my work schedule yet either…so I’m in the wind for now.

Gerdy

First, I say no girls. They have cooties and would spoil the fun.*

Second, to determine the “what” of the event, I think we ought to decide on the objective and then work backwards from there. So, for example, if the objective is to put some faces to online names, establish a social network, swap ideas about good gyms in SD, and maybe form some workout groups, then perhaps it would be best to meet for lunch or dinner or something.

Meeting for a workout might be cool, except that we don’t necessarily have the same training interests. I can tell by Gerdy’s avatar that he seems to be into bodybuilding, whereas I’m more into performance training. In that case, it might not be all that effective if Gerdy is banging out sets on the leg press while I’m over front squatting in the power rack. Not saying it’s totally a bad idea, just thinking out loud here.

*Kidding, of course.

good point. maybe a lunch then. put some faces to the names and maybe get good info on gyms training etc… I guess that wasa complaint I had about the animal group. It was a cool idea but when everyone got there it was like ok see ya guys and we went off and did our respective training styles. The second weekend of august. any later and im leaving. friday sat or sun the first or second weekend. If your willing to go and your fairly certain you would, PM me. Im gonna see about t-shirts or somthing for everyone that goes. more ideas?

Im thinking the 9th or 10th of august. Im calling up the guys at world to see about not having to pay and all that. anything else hit me up.

[quote]popgoblinn wrote:
Im thinking the 9th or 10th of august. Im calling up the guys at world to see about not having to pay and all that. anything else hit me up. [/quote]

Those dates will probably work for me.

Any date will work for me with sufficient notice.

Also, I don’t need a free t-shirt.

I am really looking forward to this.

Thanks for setting things up

Celeste

OK here it is. So far I have it set for Worlds gym in PB on August the 9th. I hope people can make it. I want as many people as I can to come so spread the word. I did get ahold of TC and it looks like he might be able to make it, just got to keep him informed. Nor sure though. Anyways, it looks like a cool event. TC might be there, felow T-Men, weights and food…what else does a guy need? Anyways, let me know what you guys think and if you have any other ideas. peace

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

Any date will work for me with sufficient notice.

Also, I don’t need a free t-shirt.

I am really looking forward to this.

Thanks for setting things up

Celeste[/quote]

No, the t-shirt is not necessary, but it might be cool to workout in.

I am also looking forward to this.

Yeah, thanks for setting this up.

I like to talk in one-paragraph sentences.

EIC

I got ahold of TC. looks like he might be there. Should be awesome. Spread the word… Lets get everyone in on this.

Im also trying to get a list of the people that are going to show up, so I know how many to expect. I know its really soon, but the more we plan the better. Im bringing a video camera too so that we can can film different stuff and make a video and post it. Any more ideas on events? if TC cant make it we should try and contact someone else from the site and see if they could make it. What do you guys think?

Where are the other women like Meriza DeGuzman and MissFit? Meriza and her crew might be interested.

Might not, but might.

(though I’m sure OG is more than enough woman to hold her own with louts like us…cough…)

Am I invited?

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
Am I invited?[/quote]

Wouldn’t be the same without you.

[quote]sdspeedracer wrote:
Mod Laurie wrote:
Am I invited?

Wouldn’t be the same without you.[/quote]

Ahh, thanks! Count me in then. :slight_smile:

So it was decided to meet at a gym then and not at a restaurant or something?

Now… what are we all going to work into the set or what?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

[/quote]

Meeting at a restaurant might be easier and more fun. It would be difficult to talk if we’re all trying to work out together.

Or we could meet at a restaurant and then those who wanted to work out could head over to the gym.

Just a thought.

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Meeting at a restaurant might be easier and more fun. It would be difficult to talk if we’re all trying to work out together.

Or we could meet at a restaurant and then those who wanted to work out could head over to the gym.

Just a thought.[/quote]

I’m with that idea. A restaurant, coffee shop, whatever and then for those who want to go workout, we can head to the gym.

Or, meet at a restaurant of coffee shop after.

I’m looking forward to this, I just want to have the opportunity to actually talk with you folks.

I think that perhaps the idea was to meet at World Gym beforehand, then head to a place afterward for lunch or dinner. Don’t quote me on this, though. I agree that if we are only going to do one thing, we ought to meet up at a restaurant. But if we meet at the gym beforehand, that could be cool too since I need to tour World anyway to see if I want to join.

Regardless, I am definitely looking forward to this, especially if TC and Laurie show up. Now all I gotta do is pack up my crap over here and move back!

[quote]eic wrote:
Now all I gotta do is pack up my crap over here and move back! [/quote]

And get rid of that Nebraska avatar.

Just kidding!

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:

And get rid of that Nebraska avatar.

Just kidding![/quote]

What, you don’t like Herbie Husker?