San Diego T-Cell

I also live in Chula Vista, CA. I also work out at the 24 hour in Bonita/ Chula Vista.

It would be great to get some San Diego function going.

[quote]dgeyman wrote:
I also live in Chula Vista, CA. I also work out at the 24 hour in Bonita/ Chula Vista.

It would be great to get some San Diego function going.

[/quote]

yeah, that would be good. there have to be more people in SD, though. this town isn’t that small…

[quote]InCorporeSano wrote:
is that the one in downtown la jolla, in that maroon-colored mixed-use building?[/quote]

Yeah, it’s on Fay Ave. But I think the building is grey.

San Diego here too. Live in UTC area and attend UCSD. I go to the 24 hour fitness in UTC mall.

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
San Diego here too. Live in UTC area and attend UCSD. I go to the 24 hour fitness in UTC mall. [/quote]

don’t you have access to the UCSD gym? I’ve heard it’s nice-- thinking of checking it out b/c they have oly lifting platforms, which my gym doesn’t.

BoxBabaX wrote:
San Diego here too. Live in UTC area and attend UCSD. I go to the 24 hour fitness in UTC mall.

don’t you have access to the UCSD gym? I’ve heard it’s nice-- thinking of checking it out b/c they have oly lifting platforms, which my gym doesn’t. [/quote]

I just dont wanna deal with parking… but i am slowly losing my temper at the 24 hour fitness and most likely will start going to the ucsd gym during summer. What gym do you go to?

I work out at a gym called Pure Fitness in Carlsbad - I litteraly walk one minute to get there - it’s next door to my work. Very big but expensive as hell. I got a deal thru my work.

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
I just dont wanna deal with parking… but i am slowly losing my temper at the 24 hour fitness and most likely will start going to the ucsd gym during summer. What gym do you go to?[/quote]

i go to the Pacific Athletic Club in Carmel Valley. It’s a v. v. nice but still commercial gym. Very resort-y. Three pools, marble bathrooms, etc. It’s not the iron dungeon I dream of, but it’s the closest to my house and my work.

BoxBabaX wrote:
I just dont wanna deal with parking… but i am slowly losing my temper at the 24 hour fitness and most likely will start going to the ucsd gym during summer. What gym do you go to?

i go to the Pacific Athletic Club in Carmel Valley. It’s a v. v. nice but still commercial gym. Very resort-y. Three pools, marble bathrooms, etc. It’s not the iron dungeon I dream of, but it’s the closest to my house and my work.

[/quote]

LOL, I wish my broke college-student-ass could go to the PAC :slight_smile: I’ve actually had the pleasure of going there once since my friend had a guest pass, its very nice but very expensive. My high school was really close to that, Torrey Pines HS. I dont think there are any iron dungeons around our area though :/.

I’m still in SD…

Working out in a basement gym in an old Hospital, or in my back yard throwing logs around…

I’m in Vista. Working out at 24hour fitness. Not too fun but I have never been bothered. The only decent gym I’ve ever been to is Kegrice’s in downtown. I wish there was a decent gym in North County so I don’t have to drive so far.

I live in Amsterdam, but I’m going to San Diego from October till January this year for study.

[quote]MR1 wrote:
I live in Amsterdam, but I’m going to San Diego from October till January this year for study.[/quote]

Where are you studying? What will you be studying?

I’m moving to Southern LA within the next week, if theres any significant functions going on and I’m free I probably wouldn’t have a problem taking the trek down - shit, I’m probably gonna be looking for any excuse to go down to SD. Place is like fuckin paradise.

If theres any powerlifters in orange county I’m in desperate need of a training partner and a place to train. I train a la Westside.

I have been to Kegrices and will try and make a once a month stop to rub elbows and get ideas.

I live in Santee and work at the 32st Naval Station. Used to workout in the Base Gym but built my own home gym and workout at my house now.

It would be cool to do something as a group. If I’m not mistaken TC either lives in or at least frequents La Jolla. Maybe he could join us!

east county san diego, i lift at the clairmont mesa LA fitness.