T Nation

San Diego Power Lifting

Im starting this post to find out who is in San Diego! I am lifting solo right now and it is always good to have a spotter that isn’t a dumb shit that thinks the bench press is a 2 person workout. Sorry for the mini rant, I just cant stand the people at my gym.

So, if you are in San Diego post here what gym you go to and what program you’re on. Im going to try to switch gyms soon and would like to find a lifting partner.

I am doing WS4SB right now and I live near Downtown.

Smolov/Sheiko in Solana Beach, just off a Westside 12-week program. I usually lift in Encinitas, but want to build a garage gym in the worst way.

powerliftingwatch.com gym listings…

Someone else was just asking this on another thread.

World Gym in PB, 619muscle is a poster here that trains or works there.

It is also where they jumpstarted the SuperHero project with Stan McQuay and Gina

College area going to SDSU, so I’m usually at the ARC. I want to start going to World Gym!

I live in SD, El Cajon actually, but just work out at my house. I’m on a modified Push/Squat/Pull routine

There is a group who train at Worlds Gym in PB. They have a monolift, reverse hyper, racks, deadlift platform, 220lb DBs, everything you need. PM me for more info.

Bump for World Gym. Great place!

Im a little late on this post, but if you were to befriend a marine such as myself we have I think somewhere around 23 gyms on base. Myself and a couple other guys started a camp pendleton powerlifting team and we are now fully sponsored through the base. they even buy the equipment as we see fit. We train out of one specific gym.

The gym is all platforms, cages, chains bands, glut-hams, reverse hypers one cable machine, tons of heavy dumbells and two treadmills. We also control the Music:)…oh and have an onsite massage therapist. you could let me know if you are ever in the area and you could train with us if you like.

[quote]bearcat1485 wrote:
Im a little late on this post, but if you were to befriend a marine such as myself we have I think somewhere around 23 gyms on base. Myself and a couple other guys started a camp pendleton powerlifting team and we are now fully sponsored through the base. they even buy the equipment as we see fit. We train out of one specific gym.

The gym is all platforms, cages, chains bands, glut-hams, reverse hypers one cable machine, tons of heavy dumbells and two treadmills. We also control the Music:)…oh and have an onsite massage therapist. you could let me know if you are ever in the area and you could train with us if you like.[/quote]

Im jealous, i was stationed in yuma and our gym was horrible,small, not enough equipment for the amount of people on base and i dont think they bought any new equipment the 3 yrs i was stationed there.

yea, also with the change in the PFT The corps has also gained a new interest in weight training so in turn they end up being more supportive of what we do.