San Diego FF Forced to March in Pride Parade

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
And yet another fine post by the class of 2009.[/quote]

Lol you’re going to year I joined? I joined in 2006, however when the site redid it’s layout my account was deleted. If you want I can get on another account made by my brother SpAznet and show you that dumbass.

I love when someone comes in and tries to completely ignore the topic and comes back with the oh so witty “09er poster”.

Again Firefighters are a public servant. A few idiots in the crowd made it uncomfortable for them. How many in the crowd do you think appreciated it?

Ya’ll act like gays are a bunch of rapist, trying to get after the brown eye of these firefighters. Grow the fuck up. The fire department can’t control what happens in the everyday world.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
Go back to the bottle because obviously you haven’t had enough yet. Try re-reading the articles. They were not performing EMS or FF duties, their rig was out of service for the day. They were given a direct order to position the apparatus in the parade line (which makes them a float technically).[/quote]

Hrrm, well in those two articles posted above had nothing said about there “rig” was out of duty, no where in the article did they get a direct order to position the apparatus in the parade line. Also, technically it does not make them a float.

None of that shit you said was in those two links.

I’m not gay, however I see all this bickering and it’s annoying as hell. I personally don’t like seeing two men kiss, kinda grosses me out. You’re correct, they were awarded money for what happened. A new policy was adopted, so they wouldn’t have too. I wasn’t arguing that. What I was arguing is that to me it is petty bickering

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
lanchefan1 wrote:
And yet another fine post by the class of 2009.

Lol you’re going to year I joined? I joined in 2006, however when the site redid it’s layout my account was deleted. If you want I can get on another account made by my brother SpAznet and show you that dumbass.

I love when someone comes in and tries to completely ignore the topic and comes back with the oh so witty “09er poster”.

Again Firefighters are a public servant. A few idiots in the crowd made it uncomfortable for them. How many in the crowd do you think appreciated it?

Ya’ll act like gays are a bunch of rapist, trying to get after the brown eye of these firefighters. Grow the fuck up. The fire department can’t control what happens in the everyday world.

[/quote]

I’m so sick of the whole you’re a public servant you HAVE to put up with any bullshit nonsense.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
I’m so sick of the whole you’re a public servant you HAVE to put up with any bullshit nonsense.[/quote]

Then don’t be a fucking firefighter. It’s part of the job. That’s like being in customer service and not dealing with stupid ass customers

Lets go over this check list.
1)You can’t prove shit so you make fun of a year someone joined. Check
2)You make shit up, adding “Facts” to make your argument more sound. Check
3)You get tired of “having” to put up with a certain part of the Job. Check

Here quick question. Lets say that something or someone got hurt at this said parade nothing to bad. These guys had to be there to help someone out. A few hecklers say make very provocative comments as you are doing your job. Would it have been as big of a deal?

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
lanchefan1 wrote:
I’m so sick of the whole you’re a public servant you HAVE to put up with any bullshit nonsense.

Then don’t be a fucking firefighter. It’s part of the job. That’s like being in customer service and not dealing with stupid ass customers

[/quote]
No, It is not part of a firefighters job to participate (endorse) in political march where they are forced to endure sexually explicit heckling. You analogy is completely off base. Their job is to put out flames, not support them.

[quote]

Here quick question. Lets say that something or someone got hurt at this said parade nothing to bad. These guys had to be there to help someone out. A few hecklers say make very provocative comments as you are doing your job. Would it have been as big of a deal?[/quote]

First off, where are you quantifying this as a “few”. From the sounds of it, it was probably a large percentage of the crowd. It certainly wasn’t an isolated incident.

Next, no, it wouldn’t have been as big a deal because of many reasons. 1, Their boss wouldn’t have forced them into the citation that caused the heckling. 2, it would have been in the actual course of preforming their duties. 3, They wouldn’t have been forced to publicly endorse the parade. 4, it would have been much less likely to have happened had they not been on a float (seen endorsing the gathering).

I’m sure that if the roles were reversed, you’d be screaming harassment.

Lets say a straight chief forces gay firefighters to participate in a straight pride parade. This parade would be politically motivated to furthering straight rights. Lets say that at this parade there would consistently be a large number of “sexually expressive” people. Further that at this gathering there would typically be t-shirts/shouting/signs expressing the superiority of straight sex. Lets say that these firefighters are women and throughout the parade route they are flashed and sexually heckled.

You’re answer to the women firefighters is “it’s part of the job, deal with it?”

Something tells me that your opinions would be entirely different if you took the situation and reverse some sexual orientations and/or genders. That makes you not only an idiot, but also a bigot.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
lanchefan1 wrote:

[/quote]
No, It is not part of a firefighters job to participate (endorse) in political march where they are forced to endure sexually explicit heckling. You analogy is completely off base. Their job is to put out flames, not support them.

I agree 100 percent.

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
Go back to the bottle because obviously you haven’t had enough yet. Try re-reading the articles. They were not performing EMS or FF duties, their rig was out of service for the day. They were given a direct order to position the apparatus in the parade line (which makes them a float technically).[/quote]

Hrrm, well in those two articles posted above had nothing said about there “rig” was out of duty, no where in the article did they get a direct order to position the apparatus in the parade line. Also, technically it does not make them a float.

None of that shit you said was in those two links.

I’m not gay, however I see all this bickering and it’s annoying as hell. I personally don’t like seeing two men kiss, kinda grosses me out. You’re correct, they were awarded money for what happened. A new policy was adopted, so they wouldn’t have too. I wasn’t arguing that. What I was arguing is that to me it is petty bickering

[/quote]

So youre saying that as a straight man you dont mind being in the middle of a group of gay men that are kissing and flashig themselves and where you are the object of their attraction? That wouldnt bother you at all?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
No, It is not part of a firefighters job to participate (endorse) in political march where they are forced to endure sexually explicit heckling.[/quote]

When did marching in a gay parade turn political? People act like being gay is some disease.
Or when did it turn political? Those people were proud to be gay, it has nothing to do with political standings, only social ones. If it was so political, where were all the politicians at?

I’m qualifying it as a few when the statements say comments where made. Also, if it was the whole crowd, don’t you think the firefighters would of added that to there report, not just a couple of statements for the record. I think, “The whole parade was chanting and heckling us” is a lot more sympathetic then “Some people were shouting, show us your hose, give me mouth to mouth” cetera cetera cetera

You act like she knew this was coming. Do you really think that she would do that to people that watch her back? She can’t control what happens in the everyday world. Ya’ll act like she was out to get these straight firefighters

Where in those two articles did it even remotely say they were on floats? Holy shit learn to read and not take what they are saying face first.

Have you ever been to a gay parade? Where does wanting to be happy politically motivated? I know you can’t be this fucking stupid. Maybe you are, I’m just giving you to much credit.

[quote]Something tells me that your opinions would be entirely different if you took the situation and reverse some sexual orientations and/or genders. That makes you not only an idiot, but also a bigot.
[/quote]

My opinions would be the same no matter what. You know why? Because if they held there belief so fucking bad as that this would shake the core of it, they would not of gone and if they were reprimanded, they could of fought this in court and it would of been the same fucking outcome. So fear of there jobs made them go against there beliefs? Wow, I’d love to be the God they worship.

Also trying to say “What if” they were woman firefighters and men flashed them there dicks didn’t happen to the men firefighters, stop trying to add shit to make your argument hold weight.

DoubleDuce, I appreciate the advice you have given me on weightlifting as I find it invaluable and hope I can still count on you to get help from that aspect, however I hope that Powerlifting takes off for you, God knows common sense hasn’t. The whole basis of these arguments aren’t about the parade it’s self, it’s because these “Christians” didn’t want to be around gay people. Example? They still had a choice not to go, fought it in court and the same outcome would of been so.

If I’m correct, Jesus hung out with the Sinners, not the Saints. Could of been a good witnessing tool.

Ya’ll can have this thread.

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
I’m so sick of the whole you’re a public servant you HAVE to put up with any bullshit nonsense.[/quote]

Here quick question. Lets say that something or someone got hurt at this said parade nothing to bad. These guys had to be there to help someone out. A few hecklers say make very provocative comments as you are doing your job. Would it have been as big of a deal?[/quote]

1. Let’s see can’t prove shit? I’m the one doing the job so I believe more than anyone on this subject I can speak. And I can make fun of whatever I want (funny my account didn’t get deleted in the site redesign?)

2. I researched and located the orginal complaints with the crews statements. If you would like I can post the links for you.

3. Just like any job there are parts of my career that annoy. My pet peeve is the same as some police officers. You feel that just because you pay taxes that you can shit on us in blue.

Someone gets hurt and the rig is in service (not stuck in a parade which is damned near impossible to pull out of). Then yes we respond and provide aid. We also employ crowd control to move people back so we can do our job, whether it be with firefighters or by utilizing PD. Anybody being beligerent is dealt with for interfering and not obeying a lawfull order. We transport said patient out of area and get out own asses out of there.

Let’s flip this around a large group comes into your work starts acting like fools, making sexual comments that make you feel uncomfortable and also call you names. What happens?

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
Let’s flip this around a large group comes into your work starts acting like fools, making sexual comments that make you feel uncomfortable and also call you names. What happens?[/quote]

I am a Firefighter with DeKalb County here in Georgia. I have been a Firefighter for 1 year.

To answer your question it wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
Let’s flip this around a large group comes into your work starts acting like fools, making sexual comments that make you feel uncomfortable and also call you names. What happens?[/quote]

I am a Firefighter with DeKalb County here in Georgia. I have been a Firefighter for 1 year.

To answer your question it wouldn’t hurt my feelings.[/quote]

Well congrats on getting off probation. Hopefully having to deal with management doesn’t change your disposition over the years to come.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
Well congrats on getting off probation. Hopefully having to deal with management doesn’t change your disposition over the years to come.[/quote]

I appreciate it. I don’t think I will have that tough of a time, had a military family growing up so kinda use to it. The hardest thing for me is having to prove myself day in and day out. That and all the smartass comments on me being the “young guy” kinda gets annoying.

However if that’s the worst thing I have to deal with in my life, I think I have it pretty easy