San Diego FF Forced to March in Pride Parade

And get this…when they objected and sued the city, a gay newspaper called them “sissies”…I thought a sissy was a gay guy…a case of the pot calling the kettle black I guess.

Well at least they won their lawsuit against the city

But why were they forced to participate in the first place?? Marching in a pride parade isnt an essential part of being a firefighter, so why was it such a big deal to the department to make them be in it? Political correctness!!

[quote]clip11 wrote:
And get this…when they objected and sued the city, a gay newspaper called them “sissies”…I thought a sissy was a gay guy…a case of the pot calling the kettle black I guess.

Well at least they won their lawsuit against the city

But why were they forced to participate in the first place?? Marching in a pride parade isnt an essential part of being a firefighter, so why was it such a big deal to the department to make them be in it? Political correctness!![/quote]

If our leaders keep pursuing this nonsense, their final ‘parade’ might be a lot of people carrying pitchforks and headed their way.

They are pushing to much, eventually there will be an equal backlash.

And I wonder why the ACLU isn’t all over this representing the firemen, ya know, civil right and all.

I would like to know what happened to the suit since this is from 2007…

edit: further information http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/feb/08/1m8parade232633-gay-parade-cases-jury-facing-key-q/?zIndex=49869

After further research it was declared a mistrial and the FF’s have to refile their suit.

Also SDFD poilicy has changed so that the parade is no longer mandatory participation is voluntary (hard ot believe that is was in the first place).

Voluntary participation is the case in most of the country for a parade that is not US holiday based (4th of July, Memorial Day like that) or community pride (harvest festivals, city anniveries sp?).

Absolutely outrageous that they were forced to go.

To the poster who commented about the ACLU: yeah, that would have been nice for them to intervene on the FF’s behalf.

I recall here in LA how firefighters didn’t want to work the Gay parade here because of harassment from the gay men marching.

Yes imagine the outrage if muslim firefighters were forced to march in a christian parade or if a gay guy was forced by his boss to visit a titty bar

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
And I wonder why the ACLU isn’t all over this representing the firemen, ya know, civil right and all. [/quote]

They were too busy marching in the parade.

Unbelievable.

I think this is blown way out of proportion. The firefighters are getting paid by tax payers, which some of them seem to be gay. Now, they weren’t on floats, they were there to make sure it was safe (you know crowding and if there is something that happens, it’s good to have an EMS there from dehydration, people getting hurt ectera ectera ectera)

They were doing there job to ensure the safety of the people of the parades. What’s next, a Marine going to sue because he had to do Toys for Tots and gets a few “baby killer” remarks?

People need to get over this. This is bickering at it’s finest

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
I think this is blown way out of proportion. The firefighters are getting paid by tax payers, which some of them seem to be gay. Now, they weren’t on floats, they were there to make sure it was safe (you know crowding and if there is something that happens, it’s good to have an EMS there from dehydration, people getting hurt ectera ectera ectera)

They were doing there job to ensure the safety of the people of the parades. What’s next, a Marine going to sue because he had to do Toys for Tots and gets a few “baby killer” remarks?

People need to get over this. This is bickering at it’s finest[/quote]

No they were made to actually participate in the parade. Like I said before, what if a muslim firefighter or even an athiest firefighter was made to participate in a christmas parade and it later trned out that the fire chief was a devout christian (the San Diego fire chief is an open lesbian)? Or what if a homosexual businessman was made to participate at a business meeting held at a female strip club against his wishes and if he refused, he may lose his job?

What would happen is that story would be national news! But this story about these heterosexual firefighters being forced to participate in a gay pride parade was swept under the rug and only given a passing mention in the local news.

And the next question is this, why was it such a big deal to make those guys participate anyway? Was it to show how “diverse” the department is?

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
I think this is blown way out of proportion. The firefighters are getting paid by tax payers, which some of them seem to be gay. [/quote]
To be firefighters, not to be slaves. These “taxpayers” are out of line and do not know their place.

[quote]Now, they weren’t on floats, [/quote] They were part of the parade i.e. “on floats”

[quote]they were there to make sure it was safe (you know crowding and if there is something that happens, it’s good to have an EMS there from dehydration, people getting hurt ectera ectera ectera)

They were doing there job to ensure the safety of the people of the parades. [/quote] LMAO talk about wishful thinking. See above

[quote]What’s next, a Marine going to sue because he had to do Toys for Tots and gets a few “baby killer” remarks?[/quote] Baby killer remark is out of line. And such a disgraceful situation will not be allowed in the first place, that is if the Marine doesn’t have the same boss as these firefighters. These baby killer shouters are vulgar like the gay parade and need to learn some propriety. It is interesting to see that you condone rudeness and lewd behavior, the amount of wickedness you will tolerate.

These fools can shout baby killer and the gays can expose themselves all they want. Why do they feel entitled to force us to participate? I laugh at their selfishness

[quote]People need to get over this. This is bickering at it’s finest[/quote] Indeed. They need to get over it by punishing those involved. And I don’t mean the firefighters

I wonder where Makkun is? He always feels the need to defend his pet homos? It would be interesting to know why he feels the firemen shouldve been forced to participate.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
No they were made to actually participate in the parade. Like I said before, what if a muslim firefighter or even an athiest firefighter was made to participate in a christmas parade and it later trned out that the fire chief was a devout christian (the San Diego fire chief is an open lesbian)? Or what if a homosexual businessman was made to participate at a business meeting held at a female strip club against his wishes and if he refused, he may lose his job?[/quote]

Yes, that is a lot of what if’s. Are you telling me that atheist/muslim have never been in the past subjugated to doing these things? I’m a Christian and this would not offend me to participate in something like this for my community. Valiant knight tried to imply that I was saying Firefighters are slaves. I was not saying that, however they are Public Servants. This past weekend I heard a women call a Marine a “Baby Killer” as he was getting stuff for Toys for Tots. Now, he doesn’t have a right not to go even if he is going to be harassed. It is his job. As long as they weren’t trying to rape/spit or cause harm to these men, who the fuck cares. Everyday women are constantly hit on, looked at and even harassed. Now these guys know how it feels. Also, you make it out like the entire crowd was chanting “suck my dick”. It was a minority causes this.

[quote]And the next question is this, why was it such a big deal to make those guys participate anyway? Was it to show how “diverse” the department is?
[/quote]

Would that hurt? Or maybe they were there as a precaution? Or they were going to get honored for all the hard work they had done fighting the fires out there. Or maybe, instead of watching TV or playing pool or just fucking sitting around waiting for something to happen, they went out and did something for the community. Not all things in life are going to be comfortable, I’m not saying to just go into a situation where you were just get fucked (no pun intended) however maybe they were setting an example that we should be bigger men/women and get the fuck along.

valiant knight: Where did it say that the Firefighters were on floats? I couldn’t find it in any of the articles

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
clip11 wrote:
No they were made to actually participate in the parade. Like I said before, what if a muslim firefighter or even an athiest firefighter was made to participate in a christmas parade and it later trned out that the fire chief was a devout christian (the San Diego fire chief is an open lesbian)? Or what if a homosexual businessman was made to participate at a business meeting held at a female strip club against his wishes and if he refused, he may lose his job?

Yes, that is a lot of what if’s. Are you telling me that atheist/muslim have never been in the past subjugated to doing these things? I’m a Christian and this would not offend me to participate in something like this for my community. Valiant knight tried to imply that I was saying Firefighters are slaves. I was not saying that, however they are Public Servants. This past weekend I heard a women call a Marine a “Baby Killer” as he was getting stuff for Toys for Tots. Now, he doesn’t have a right not to go even if he is going to be harassed. It is his job. As long as they weren’t trying to rape/spit or cause harm to these men, who the fuck cares. Everyday women are constantly hit on, looked at and even harassed. Now these guys know how it feels. Also, you make it out like the entire crowd was chanting “suck my dick”. It was a minority causes this.

I fail to see how marching in a parade is a firefighters job! Why shouldnt they have the right not to participate in a parade that goes against their beliefs? If NAMBLA had a parade, then by what youre saying, they should be forced to march in that parade too, after all, theyre public servants right?

And the next question is this, why was it such a big deal to make those guys participate anyway? Was it to show how “diverse” the department is?

Would that hurt? Or maybe they were there as a precaution? Or they were going to get honored for all the hard work they had done fighting the fires out there. Or maybe, instead of watching TV or playing pool or just fucking sitting around waiting for something to happen, they went out and did something for the community. Not all things in life are going to be comfortable, I’m not saying to just go into a situation where you were just get fucked (no pun intended) however maybe they were setting an example that we should be bigger men/women and get the fuck along.

Once again, how is it a firemans job to march in a parade. And how was this “doing something for the community”? Yes it would hurt and it did. Thats why from now on parades are optional.

valiant knight: Where did it say that the Firefighters were on floats? I couldn’t find it in any of the articles[/quote]

What’s next, participating in furvert parades? Marching behind fecalphiliac floats? Being stuck in a polyamorous pride march?

What fool came up with this idea?

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:

People need to get over this. This is bickering at it’s finest[/quote]

Go back to the bottle because obviously you haven’t had enough yet. Try re-reading the articles. They were not performing EMS or FF duties, their rig was out of service for the day. They were given a direct order to position the apparatus in the parade line (which makes them a float technically).

If you’re gay and want to march have at it, but forcing people to do was sexual harrasement in this case.

But as I stated this is why many departments don’t participate in many parades (Columbus, St. Patricks to name just two).

[quote]ALKoHoLiK wrote:
clip11 wrote:

[/quote]

And yet another fine post by the class of 2009.