Samul's Training and Nutrition Log

Yeah, but awkward/uncomfortable positions will improve the more you do them. I played intermural softball in college and didn’t have a catchers mit. My roommate did but it was right handed and I’m a southpaw. I didn’t have the money to buy one so I just decided to give it a try. Half way through the season low and behold I could throw pretty well from home to second with my bad arm. The first 100 throws probably looked ridiculous though lol. It’s good to work on things that feel bad or that you suck at

1 Like

Deload
Deadlift
Work up to 127 kg [TM]
Lateral raises 3 sets
Band pull aparts 3 sets
Abs 1 set

2 Likes

Deload
Bench
Work up to 83 kg x 1 [TM]
Biceps 3 sets
Chins 2 sets
Front plate raise 3 sets

What’s with all the posts being withdrawn?. Is there a secret society going on and @flappinit is running it from the headquarters lol

2 Likes

Exactly!

No actually I just asked for his email address on another thread and now that I got it there’s no need for the post(s) to stay there.

1 Like

Deload
Squat
Work up to 122 kg x 1 [TM]

Hard conditioning
Hill sprints

Honestly lost count, but I noticed improved capacity from the previous sessions. I did at least 3 more than usual before they started getting hard.

1 Like

Press
32.2 kg x 5
37.1 kg x 5
42 kg x 12
32.2 kg x 5 x 8 alternating with face pull 5 x 20
Chins 8, 8, 8, 6, 4
Dips 13, 13, 12, 9, 8
Plate front raise
Curls

2 Likes

Deadlift
82.55 kg x 5
95.25 kg x 5
107.95 kg x 12
82.55 kg x 5 x 5
Db rdl alternating with Rope crunch 4 x 15

1 Like

How are you doing?

1 Like

training wise, i’m doing okay.

social life has always been a roller coaster thing for me. i’m currently on an “up,” as i found a new group of friends that i’m hanging out with and i’m doing good as far as that.

my sleep issues and sleep-related anxiety are still haunting me, but i have an appointment with a psychiatrist this Monday and hopefully she’ll get me on something so i can finally fix this once and for all.

still super worried about my mother, she saw a doctor yesterday and he didn’t find anything but he didn’t visit her thoroughly because a colonoscopy is needed for that. however he did manage to get my mom an appointment for that by the end of this month. this is extremely good, because she had been put on a waiting list of 2+ months. we’re praying this isn’t anything serious.

thanks for asking

2 Likes

Bench
53.95 kg x 5
62.25 kg x 5
70.55 kg x 12
53.95 kg x 5 x 8 alternating with face pull 5 x 20
Incline db press alternating with db row 5 x 10-15

Squat
80 kg x 5
91.5 kg x 5
103.7 kg x 12
80 kg x 5 x 5
Leg press 3 x 10 alternating with Rope crunch 3 x 15

So my pr set was a mess. Before I went after it I called 12 reps and that was my goal. I made lots of technical mistakes in the first part of the set: I almost lost my balance on rep 3 and hit the safeties on reps 6 and 7. By then, my core was fried because I’d had to stabilize myself against the unintentional bouncing. I thought that there’d be no way I was getting to 12.

Then something weird happened. I realized that, despite being tired and mildly in pain, I still had lots of strength in me to keep going. I felt the bar on my back but I didn’t have the urge to put it down–it was like I had mentally detached from my body. So I kept going emotionless and I got to 12 reps, with the last ones being actually better than those of the first part of the set. I was just a measly 225 x 12 but I felt like a beast. It was hard, I felt the pain and fatigue, but somehow I managed to completely ignore it.

Btw my goal, rep wise, for the end of this year is to squat 225 x 20. I can do it.

5 Likes

That great when you can go to that mental place where the pain doesn’t matter. I sometimes will think to myself, “it’s one minute… you can do anything for one minute”. Great on you man!

1 Like

Press
34.65 kg x 3
39.6 kg x 3
44.55 kg x 11
34.65 kg x 5 x 8 alternating with face pull 5 x 20
Chins 8, 8, 8, 7, 6
Dips 12, 13, 11, 10, 9
Curls
Laterals

You have weirdly sized plates at your gym man.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you though.

1 Like

Yeah actually we have 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10, 20 kg plates. The numbers look a bit off because I’m posting the theoretical weight as in TM x percentage.

For example, the actual weight wasn’t 103.7 kg but 102 kg (45 kg per side plus the 12 kg bar). It’s close enough, hope that makes sense.

You use a 12kg barbell? Don’t they break pretty early? I think the 15kg barbells at my gym has a warning label to not exceed 45kg per side or something like that.

I’m not 100% sure it weighs 12 kg, I’ve just heard lots of people saying that. Guess I’ll weigh it myself.

It does bend very slightly after 130 kg though. Nothing major so far. A guy I know squatted 200 kg with that bar and told me it bent a bit.

I use a calculator called blackironbeast that does all the rounding for me, makes life easier. I also plan out the whole cycles worth of weights and sometimes my rep goals with it in advance to cut down on time. Probably takes 5 mins max for each cycle and that way I don’t have to think at all later on.

2 Likes