Samsung Smartwatch

http://www.geek.com/mobile/samsung-demos-dick-tracy-style-watch-phone-553160/

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
Ever since Jobs’s passing it seems that Apple just hasn’t had quite the “push” that they honestly prefer Samsung phones I’veefore. To me this is simply another piece of evidence in that regard (Apple is indeed working on a smart watch). Samsung has beat them to the punch - again.

Samsung has confirmed that this is going to be unveiled on the 4th of September. I think they had even planned for it to come out earlier but there were some sort of disruption(s) in the manufacturing of the flexible displays.

[/quote]
I was wondering; Has Samsung always been this innovative technology giant? I always thought Sony and Apple were ahead of curve but apparently not.[/quote]

samsung had a watch phone prototype circa 2003-2005 it was ran via gsm and had bluetoooth, this was during the motorola razr craze. I honestly prefer Samsung phones I’ve had great luck with the charge and s3 android phones, they make the best screens so nice in face apple ues them for their iphone.

I have that S Health app they are talking about on my Galaxy S4 and that thing sucks. The pedometer is completely inaccurate.

It’s an interesting concept. I personally wouldn’t buy one anytime soon.

[quote]four60 wrote:

Trust me this will beat Gingivitis as the Number one cause of lost teeth. The first group to jump on this will be the same group I see on the train everyday. Parents will make sure all the little tommy’s of the world have one for Christmas and this is when guys and gals will get beat down for the hot gadget.

[/quote]

Not sure if you’re being serious but as things are now people spend a huge amount of time with their phones in there hands; a situation that makes it much easier to steal than something that is strapped to your wrist… not to mention that people wear watches now that are worth many many times what this thing will go for.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

Trust me this will beat Gingivitis as the Number one cause of lost teeth. The first group to jump on this will be the same group I see on the train everyday. Parents will make sure all the little tommy’s of the world have one for Christmas and this is when guys and gals will get beat down for the hot gadget.

[/quote]

Not sure if you’re being serious but as things are now people spend a huge amount of time with their phones in there hands; a situation that makes it much easier to steal than something that is strapped to your wrist… not to mention that people wear watches now that are worth many many times what this thing will go for.
[/quote]

Part Joke Mostly Serious.

People walk and talk the street with phones in hand 100% true. But when they feel worried they have the easy option to slip it away in pocket, purse, bag. This will not be so easy. It will stand out. Remember phones are now among the top items stolen for the same reasons you gave. People are careless.

As for watches, come on the average thief is not going to know a Rolex from a $5 street vendor made in china folex. They want the hot items. Tech is hot these days. Like Jordans in the 90’s

This is perfect for motorcycle riders also. Shit, they need to target them specifically.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

People walk and talk the street with phones in hand 100% true. But when they feel worried they have the easy option to slip it away in pocket, purse, bag. This will not be so easy. It will stand out. Remember phones are now among the top items stolen for the same reasons you gave. People are careless.

As for watches, come on the average thief is not going to know a Rolex from a $5 street vendor made in china folex. They want the hot items. Tech is hot these days. Like Jordans in the 90’s[/quote]

Well…my phone can email me if it gets lost with its location…and it can take a picture of the person who stole it and email it to me.

if they are both connected, that may be the best watch theft deterrent in history.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

As for watches, come on the average thief is not going to know a Rolex from a $5 street vendor made in china folex. They want the hot items. Tech is hot these days. Like Jordans in the 90’s[/quote]

Well…my phone can email me if it gets lost with its location…and it can take a picture of the person who stole it and email it to me.

if they are both connected, that may be the best watch theft deterrent in history.[/quote]
A self destruct system would be better

[quote]Professor X wrote:
This is perfect for motorcycle riders also. Shit, they need to target them specifically.[/quote]

Yep. That’s brilliant. I’d use one on a ride.

Good for certain things, but I am afraid all the groupies will ruin it.

It also says “mug me” a lot.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Good for certain things, but I am afraid all the groupies will ruin it.

It also says “mug me” a lot.[/quote]
Yeah but if someone is mugging you they are automatically going to assume you have a cell phone.

Good Lord, where do you guys live or go to, to be afraid of being mugged for your phone or watch? Carry a knife, learn to fight, or buy good running shoes (Nike flyknits!) I guess.