Sample

Sample

Some quick observations:

1. With a split routine, I wouldn’t devote an entire workout to biceps. Look at some splits in the Cephalic Carnage thread, or some other popular splits (e.g. Dorian Yates’). And I’m not sure about having shoulders/triceps the day after chest, but you have to do what feels right to you.

2. Is the diet comprehensive? I mean, is that pretty much all you’re eating in a day? If you’re looking to bulk you need a lot more protein in there, and I wouldn’t cut out (good) fats either.

[quote]MartialArtist wrote:
a black belt in the ancient art of Muay Thai [/quote]

Since when do people get black belts in Muay Thai, I have never heard of this before so I’m curious, are you referring to arm bands?

JT

!!!
[/quote]

Stripped down hypertrophy is a great program, as long as you eat enough. Without eating, hypertrophy will not happen as fast as you seem to need it.

I’m not too sure what the 2 hour sessions will accomplish, because either you lift heavy, or you lift for high reps. And if done correctly, you can’t do any of those for as long as 2 hours.

Good luck!

X2 the suggestion to not devote an entire day to biceps.

Also, the leg press does not have a very large carry-over to sports, I’d recommend a blend of squatting and front squatting.

I would stop worrying about the timing of your workouts. Just get in the gym and do what you need to do to reach your goals. This reminded me of a video by Jim Wendler. Comical and true:

I think the art he’s refering to is now called Muay Boran, the art Muay Thai evolved from. If you’ve seen Ong Bak, that’s the style they use in the movie. I thought the only place they still taught it was Thailand though.

And i agree with all the previous posts, you need to eat more man. And if you put on a bit of fat, who cares? I bulked while i was doing Muay Thai, and just cut down before comps. that way i always seemed bigger than the other guys :slight_smile:

Oh and a more logical progression for your program is from bigger muscles/movements down to smaller muscles/movements. So instead of starting with the calf raise for legs, end with it. And a more logical split would be something like upper body/lower body, Chest/tri’s, back/bi’s, shoulders and legs, or chest/back, shoulders, arms and legs.

Concentrate on big compound movements, especially if you’re looking for more size and strength and focus on overall development rather than a single body part (e.g arms)

[quote]trm91 wrote:
I think the art he’s refering to is now called Muay Boran, the art Muay Thai evolved from. If you’ve seen Ong Bak, that’s the style they use in the movie. I thought the only place they still taught it was Thailand though.

And i agree with all the previous posts, you need to eat more man. And if you put on a bit of fat, who cares? I bulked while i was doing Muay Thai, and just cut down before comps. that way i always seemed bigger than the other guys :slight_smile:

Oh and a more logical progression for your program is from bigger muscles/movements down to smaller muscles/movements. So instead of starting with the calf raise for legs, end with it. And a more logical split would be something like upper body/lower body, Chest/tri’s, back/bi’s, shoulders and legs, or chest/back, shoulders, arms and legs.

Concentrate on big compound movements, especially if you’re looking for more size and strength and focus on overall development rather than a single body part (e.g arms)
[/quote]

Good post.

Sample

Elliot, you might check out rosstraining. Ross trains fighters (a lot of boxers, mostly). He has a lot of good ideas about strength and conditioning for fighters.

[quote]HBergeron wrote:
Elliot, you might check out rosstraining. Ross trains fighters (a lot of boxers, mostly). He has a lot of good ideas about strength and conditioning for fighters.[/quote]

x 2 on Ross Training. I think that he could help you out a lot with programming specifically for Boxing.

Thank you so very much for all your feedback and thoughts! Just to update you all on my progress, i have opted for the hypertrophy workout plan, its going extremely well! sorry i haven’t replied in quite some time! my PC has decided to die on me, but now I’m back!

********** MY OLD DIET **********
2 Reflex One Stop Shakes
12 BCAA tablets throughout the day
1 Bananas
1 Apple
3 yoghurt’s (20g protein each)
3 eggs (scrambled) (3 days a week)
multi-vitamins

I’m sorry, i didn’t really explain it very well, i do have 3 meals a day with this (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

********** THE NEW DIET **********
3 Reflex One Stop Shakes
15 BCAA tablets throughout the day
3 Bananas
3 Apple
3 yoghurt’s (20g protein each)
3 eggs (scrambled) (3 days a week)
multi-vitamins
4 big meals throughout the day

********** The Martial Arts *********
Just to clear a few things up with this, i do Muay Boran, the art Muay Thai evolved from. I called it Muay Thai due to the fact that i know not many people have ever heard of Muay Boren. But yes its done on the structure of coloured arm bands, White-Black etc. Yes there are only 2 clubs in the whole of England fortunate to learn this art, my instructor (Paul Smith 7th Dan) trains alot in Thailand, and brings the skills back to our own club, these training sessions are not open to the public due to the nature of the art.

I’ll let you know more about my training plan when i get more time to update this, hope I’ve answered all your questions, if not please don’t hesitate to ask me any.

One last thing, i thank you all so much for your comments and feedback! i really do appreciate!

Elliot Dower

[/quote]

Muay Boran huh? Very cool.

Good luck.