Sample Dosing and Lab Results

@readalot I apologize for giving you a hard time. This stuff isn’t important to me right now to be honest. My ‘real job’ is keeping me extremely busy and this stuff is frankly just a distraction right now.

Be well.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the question is?

Thanks for responding. The questions in my post that you quoted. Let me know if you ever get the age and body mass/body fat data to go along with the other information. And I’ll be happy to participate if you ever want to write that paper. Would be fun and maybe informative to dig deeper into the clearance rate as a function of patient characteristics.

1 Like

I know this has been discussed repeatedly, replacement, restoration, optimization, mini-cycle, PED, cycle. If you want to call anyone taking 150-200mg a week on a cycle, that’s fine. That would be almost everyone outside of a general practice or endocrinologist (200mg every other week).

If you want to call anyone that drifts above the top end of the range supraphysiological, that’s fine too. That would also be almost everyone using injections, unless they are micro dosing every day.

Regarding which of them are on a cycle, none of them are. What’s a cycle, I don’t know, maybe 300-400mg on up a week or on a program in which dosing is varied over a short time. Cycle implies dosing manipulation over time with a down/off time. Of course, I come from a place when 200mg a week was for the lightweight guys. Although if they were using only 1cc of test, they were still on other injectables plus the obvious oral AAS. Middleweights used 400-600mg and heavyweights 400-1000mg, also with the previously mentioned. So, 150-200mg is nothing in the world of testosterone “cycling”.

Questions #3 and #4 seem directed towards Danny. I think I’ve mentioned a couple of cardiologists refer patients. I have a put patients with a history of afib on testosterone. I have one in afib right now, the cardiologist is fine with it. I think I’ve seen something in the literature showing an association between afib and low testosterone. I expect there will be more research on the benefits of testosterone for the heart, whether direct or indirect. I don’t think anyone would argue that losing visceral fat, improving lipids, reducing blood pressure, increasing insulin sensitivity, etc., is bad for the heart. But, more to your question, #3, I want the cardiologist’s approval on patients with existing cardiac conditions, then I’d treat them like everyone else.

Regarding #4, I suppose that would be on a case by case basis, generally, they are treated as anyone else would be. I’m going to give the overweight, belly fat, prediabetic or diabetic, dyslipidemia, hypertensive guy every chance to benefit from testosterone, like everyone else.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Busy practice, no time for that. Leave it to the academics and guys like you with a research background.

1 Like

I understand your a busy man, but the " academics" need boots on the ground guy’s like you. Way I see it the academics need to be gathering their Data from the TRT Doc’s and clinics.

Just say’n

4 Likes

We did it! Thanks for the motivation!

1 Like